Mixing the lead melody

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I have started producing progressive house and I'm wondering should I put compression on the lead and eq it by boosting the individual eqs of the different synths in lead. If not will it not make it more muddy?? Thanks in advance!

If you boost all the synths you have, then it will become muddy trash. Better use EQ to cut conflicting frequencies. Less is more.
Also, do not compress until you are sure the sound is clean and defined. You don't want to boost artifacts and mud.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Hey thanks! When cutting the frequencies should I get both of the conflicting frequencies or just one of them??

Only one of them so one sound is full while the other leaves some space for it. This is called differential equalization.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Make sure your instruments have some plenty room for the vocals around the 2Khz to 5Khz area. You ll find that vocals and leads will be clear by preparing room for them.
Last edited by Paschalis I. on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

No, dont do that.
Sincerely,
Zethus, twin son of Zeus

Return to “Production Techniques”