bkFX v0.8.0 - Free Effects Suite - NEW down-/upward compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you for sharing Prestidigitator. It might come useful. Even though, you know everything doesn't have to be so precise... a delay that's a little bit off and all other FX, too, can give a certain mojo. ;)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I just wanted to say thanks for these!
I'm using both filters and the channel tool a lot!

Cheers
Dennis

Thanks!
Really enjoying the Delay :)

These are great! The clipper is super useful, and the mod filter is perfect for smooth amplitude-controlled wah effects. I passed this pack by a couple times, but I'm glad I finally downloaded it. Reminds me of the MDA pack in that it's efficient and irreplaceably useful.

Made a quick thing using only blaukraut effects. Background provided by a static FM wave from Synth1, helped by the modfilter. Vocals processed using ensemble and clipper. The whole thing is under a wash of trippy pitch-shifted delay from the delay and pitch shifter in a feedback loop. "Mastered" using the clipper. Forgive the pun that is the lyrics.

http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/ox371jv95d/bkfx.mp3

I hope Blaukraut hasn't stopped the development of these fabulous FX.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Update:
0.5.1 Beta (2014-11-26)
  • new Linux 64-bit builds
  • FIX: crashes with 32-bit versions
While there are hardly any visible changes, there was a significant overhaul of the code base towards cross-platform portability happening under the hood. In fact, I ditched the Microsoft compiler entirely in favor of a fully open-source tool chain (GNU GCC based).
In the future, this will allow me to unify the development/build process for different platforms (Linux, Windows and eventually Mac). As a bonus, the GNU compiler often generates faster machine code than MSVC. Needless to say, this work will also help me to port my other plugins (i.e. Charlatan and not yet released ones) to other platforms...
All that being said, the drastic internal changes of course bear a risk of introducing regressions which I might not have catched during my tests. So please let me know about any bugs you discovered!

Very nice set of tools, working fine in Ableton Live.
When should we expect the GUI versions?
It's easy if you know how

Thank you so much for the update, karrikuh! And thank you so much for the Linux version of them! d= ;)

I'll test them as soon as possible. Yes, hopefully there won't be any regressions. ;)

Yes, I know... your post is now 5 months old, but I just stumbled upon this thread looking for your plugins. ;)

Thank you, will try later :)
Everything you need to make all your dreams come true is already inside you. Let it out. - DJ Verside | Official Website | Soundcloud

What is the future of this nice fx pack?

2020, almost 2021 and im still using this plugins in every track. bkmod filter is amazing. whish threre were more filter modes with saturation in bkmodfilter and resonant filters on the delay. oh well. anyways, happy for having what i already got. thanks.
Vintage Drum Machine Kits for the Roland TR8-S & MC-707 https://rhythmelectronics.bandcamp.com

New version is out!

0.6.0 Beta (2021-06-05)
  • NEW bkReverb: high-quality algorithmic reverberator. Equally suited for small acoustic ambiences and huge spaces.
  • NEW bkDualFilter (replaces bkModFilter): two multi-mode filters that can be routed in serial or parallel
    Available filter modes: 4-pole ladder Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass, 2-pole Sallen-Key LP, HP, BP, 2-pole Notch, 4-pole Allpass with positive or negative feedback, Comb filter with positive or negative feedback
  • NEW bkChorus (replaces bkEnsemble):
    Available modes:
    Chorus: classic two-voice chorus
    Chorus+: four-voice chorus
    Ensemble: chorus effect from classic string synths (taken over from bkEnsemble)
    Dimension: popular modern stereo expansion effect
    Dimension+: popular modern stereo expansion effect
  • NEW bkErosion: a popular degrading effect. Besides the classic effect, can alternatively operate as a ring modulator.
  • Switch to VST3 64-bit (VST2 dropped)
  • bkClipper: add sinusoid fold-back waveshaping
  • bkClipper: reduce aliasing
Download
bkFX 0.6.0 Beta Windows/Linux

Thanks for the update, kerrikuh! Hopefully someday we will get updated version of the great Charlatan being ported to other platforms. Best of luck, stay safe & healthy!

Good to see you back karrikuh . This update is exciting news and I hope you will find some time ever to give Charlatan a browser and make a version for OSX . Thank you for your plugins and your time.

Return to “Effects”