One-Synth-Challenge 63: VOPM (Ended)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VOPM

oxebe wrote:
bh9090 wrote:Is at acceptable to bounce down percussion sounds and load them in a drum rack/ sampler if you leave the sound unchanged?? Just to save CPU? (EDIT: disregard - I just read the posts above)
You can load synth instances directly into Live drum rack and play kick, snare etc by different VOPM instances. If that would be OK with the rules, or not?
As long as it retriggers the synth on each drum hit that would work fine.

Hi all,

Here is my little tune for VOPM. It was not easy to make sounds for my taste. VOPM does easily sound harsh and distorted. Also the drums where a challange, not much deep bottom in the raw sound. But it works and finally I could finish the track in time.

https://soundcloud.com/photonic-1/photonic-room-service

For KVR-OSC 63 - VOPM

23 instances of VOPM in Cubase 5 Essential

Filter: TDR VOS SlickEQ, MQ57
Dynamics: TDRFeedBackCompressor, GClip, FluxBitterSweet-II, ClassicCompressor, dIM sixtyfive
Delays: IxoxDelay, NastyDLA, MonoDelay
Reverb: Tila 2, Abstract Chamber, FreeverbToo, TAL Reverb 3
Satturation: Voxengo Boogex
Analyzer: Span, TT Dynamic Range Meter
Stereo: MidSideMangler

Dynamik Range according TT Dynamic Range Meter: DR=11
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

bjporter wrote:
oxebe wrote:
bh9090 wrote:Is at acceptable to bounce down percussion sounds and load them in a drum rack/ sampler if you leave the sound unchanged?? Just to save CPU? (EDIT: disregard - I just read the posts above)
You can load synth instances directly into Live drum rack and play kick, snare etc by different VOPM instances. If that would be OK with the rules, or not?
As long as it retriggers the synth on each drum hit that would work fine.
Thanks. Yes, only synths retriggered by midi notes, no track bouncing to samples.
: : vokje : : oxebe : :

Hey guys... I bought these shoes to help me make my track faster:

http://www.vivobarefoot.com/us/mens/syn ... lour=Black

Nice! Do they come in Nord Red or JP Blue?

So that's been your secret all the time, huh? :P

3 days to go. Oh inspiration where art thou? Some great tracks already. Some amazing drums! Howwwwwwww! :)

flipm1967 wrote:3 days to go. Oh inspiration where art thou? Some great tracks already. Some amazing drums! Howwwwwwww! :)
You can get some good drums by stacking a few instances of the synth... Try using one instance for the "meat" of a kick or snare and another for some noise attack. You can always load up a sample and compare that with what your synth is sounding like. It's actually a lot easier when you have a target sound so you're not shooting in the dark as much.
I need to find some inspiration too, though... Sigh

Has anyone gotten VOPM patch import working in Apple Logic?

https://soundcloud.com/peter-macmurchy/ ... 8-her-vopm

I've been really digging Simian Mobile Disco's recent work, so much of this track is inspired by them. While I'd poked at VOPM a couple times in the past, this OSC was my first serious play with FM/PM synthesis. The track is thus likely mostly FM clichés, but I had a blast making it!

22x VOPMex (Jasinsinki skin)
3x Graywolf BlueArp
3x RunBeerRun RobotArms

3x Voxengo Stereo Touch
1x Lisc Delay
1x Lisc-verb
12x Presonus Pro EQ
2x Variety of Sound Density MkIII
1x Presonus Beat Delay
3x TAL-Tube
2x Vladg Molot03
3x Presonus Compressor
3x Variety of Sound SlickHDR
1x AudioDamage RoughRider
1x MStereoExpander
1x Presonus Spectrum Meter
1x Limiter6

DR8

Edit: DAW: Studio One 2.6.2 32-bit
Last edited by psmacmur on Fri May 30, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WELL!!! Just about right down to the wire here LOL. ... My first ever submission to any sort of music contest. This was fun, altho I certainly don't care for VOPM all that much. It's okay, but I doubt I'll ever use it again LOL.
Much of this month was spent learning both LMMS and Reaper, as well as experimenting with various effects plugins, watching tutorials about mixing and mastering, and doing mixing. I probably did more than 10 version of the mix, but I think I finally got it. At least, I think it sounds decent enough. Certainly fuller and more open than what came directly out of LMMS. ... Mixing and mastering is something I've never really bothered with before in my tracks, but it's certainly something I'll do from now on.

I started out with the desire to do a electro-dub track, but it ended up kinda a electro-raga-dub somehow.
Anyhow, here it is. I couldn't come up with a better track title than Fuzzadub LOL ... I hope y'all like it.

https://soundcloud.com/vox_saltator/fuzzadub

What was used:

DAWs used: (Win 7 32-bit)
Initial recording and arrangement: LMMS
Track mixing and mastering: Reaper

Instances of VOPM: 13

FX 1 Bus: Bionic Supa Delay-ED 1_0, GTA rev C --- 4 Instruments Received
FX 2 Bus: TAL Dub 2, GTA rev C --- 3 Instruments Received
FX 3 Bus: Shuttle-Echo, Limiter Box v1.2 --- 5 Instruments Received
FX 4 Bus: TAL Reverb II --- 13 Instruments Received (very light reverb, just to tie it all together a bit)

Drums Bus: BootEQ mkII, Density mkIII
Bass Bus: TDR VOS SlickEQ, Density mkIII

Individual Instrument Effects:
13 x Electri-Q
10 x TWest Wide
6 x AutoPan Modulator
4 x TWest Mojoe

Master: Molot, Thrillseeker XTC

EDIT:
I see other people have been listing the analysis plugins they used .. as well as a mysterious "DR" number .. well, I looked up DR and LO! it is simply Dynamic Range LOL
SO, I'll add those stats too.

DR 8

Analysis Plugins:
TWest VU Meter
Sonogram SG-1
Voxengo SPAN
Flux Stereo Tool
Reaper's JS Dynamics Meter
Last edited by artao on Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I'm back... :)

Here's my entry : https://soundcloud.com/jruegg/jruegg-nacht-spaziergang

Tracked in OpenModPlugTracker

32 Instances of VOPM

External FX:
============

5 x TDR VOS Slick EQ
11 x Ambience
3 x ST-12 Panner
2 x JsCompShaper
2 x Dub-Delay
6 x Pancake2
1 x BitterSweet v3
2 x GVST multiband Compressor
3 x Proximity
4 x Sidekick3

Enjoy :hyper: .

Hi all,

I have put a new version up for your pleasure. Tried to make the sounds denser (within reason) and worked in some dynamics as well.

It's here as well ... please dip into the sections as you feel you need. Of course, the whole piece is in movements ... but, it's up to you.

Any better?

Rob

https://soundcloud.com/doctorbob/doctor ... vc-63-vopm

Greetings VOPM-sters!

Never having heard of VOPM, I knew nothing about how to use this VST. I dived into it about a week ago and could produce no sounds other than garbage and horror. Then, with 2 days left before the deadline, something clicked in my brain, and I began to get a rudimentary understanding of this synth. Not enough time left to fully explore and learn, so here is what I managed to cobble together, using 17 instances of VOPM, with LMMS as the VST host, and with final assembly in Audacity. I'm sure I did everything the hard way; and I imagine many of you guys could show me how to do it right --- and I could probably figure it out myself, given time. Anyway, with my limited VOPM skills, I had to make heavy use of the many free effects (multiple Ladspa reverbs and delays and tube amps and echoes and reverse and lots of panning, including mda round pan) within my LMMS and Audacity, both of which are also free --- which is very important to starving artists such as myself. In fact, this song is dedicated to Starving Artists around the world. Though I really rushed to make the deadline, I hope you enjoy it: Visions of Playful Madness

Sizemore0409
Last edited by sizemore0409 on Sat May 31, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

:oops:
Last edited by sizemore0409 on Sat May 31, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”