What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

UVI launches UVX-3P - Roland JX-3P Emulation

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

4156 posts since 14 Nov, 2008, from UK

Postby breakmixer; Thu May 29, 2014 10:12 am Re: UVI launches UVX-3P - Roland JX-3P Emulation

Numanoid wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Um, do you mean awful or awsome? 8)

Based on that video they sound awful, the presets that is, not the synth.

With just 32 presets available, it is a shame that the engineers had to put in presets for clavinets, organs, piano etc, but it seems every synth need to be geared toward covering the needs of the barroom pianist.

I feel the same when I try a modern synth and it's choc full of Trance/EDM presets and flip all else....
KVRAF

2805 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Postby fluffy_little_something; Thu May 29, 2014 10:28 am Re: UVI launches UVX-3P - Roland JX-3P Emulation

breakmixer wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

With just 32 presets available, it is a shame that the engineers had to put in presets for clavinets, organs, piano etc, but it seems every synth need to be geared toward covering the needs of the barroom pianist.

I feel the same when I try a modern synth and it's choc full of Trance/EDM presets and flip all else....

Same here :) I dislike modern synth factory presets, they are usually of no use whatsoever to me, while what I like and need is missing.
KVRAF

7505 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Thu May 29, 2014 10:36 am Re: UVI launches UVX-3P - Roland JX-3P Emulation

breakmixer wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

Everybody got their own prefered synth time ;)

My time is the time and age of the Quasimidi Sirius :D :love:

Ready to pounce
KVRAF

4156 posts since 14 Nov, 2008, from UK

Postby breakmixer; Thu May 29, 2014 10:46 am Re: UVI launches UVX-3P - Roland JX-3P Emulation

Numanoid wrote:Everybody got their own prefered synth time ;)

My time is the time and age of the Quasimidi Sirius :D :love:

My time and age was this below... :lol:

But seriuosly - what was the sirius all about then? What year was that?
KVRAF

7505 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Thu May 29, 2014 11:01 am Re: UVI launches UVX-3P - Roland JX-3P Emulation

breakmixer wrote:But seriuosly - what was the sirius all about then? What year was that?

Sirius was produced in 1998, here is more info: http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/sirius.php
Ready to pounce
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments