Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
breakmixer
KVRAF
 
4288 posts since 14 Nov, 2008, from UK

Postby breakmixer; Thu May 29, 2014 10:12 am Re: UVI launches UVX-3P - Roland JX-3P Emulation

Numanoid wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Um, do you mean awful or awsome? 8)

Based on that video they sound awful, the presets that is, not the synth.

With just 32 presets available, it is a shame that the engineers had to put in presets for clavinets, organs, piano etc, but it seems every synth need to be geared toward covering the needs of the barroom pianist.


I feel the same when I try a modern synth and it's choc full of Trance/EDM presets and flip all else....
User avatar
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
 
6411 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Postby fluffy_little_something; Thu May 29, 2014 10:28 am Re: UVI launches UVX-3P - Roland JX-3P Emulation

breakmixer wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Um, do you mean awful or awsome? 8)

Based on that video they sound awful, the presets that is, not the synth.

With just 32 presets available, it is a shame that the engineers had to put in presets for clavinets, organs, piano etc, but it seems every synth need to be geared toward covering the needs of the barroom pianist.


I feel the same when I try a modern synth and it's choc full of Trance/EDM presets and flip all else....


Same here :) I dislike modern synth factory presets, they are usually of no use whatsoever to me, while what I like and need is missing.
User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
 
17899 posts since 20 Jan, 2008

Postby Numanoid; Thu May 29, 2014 10:36 am Re: UVI launches UVX-3P - Roland JX-3P Emulation

breakmixer wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Um, do you mean awful or awsome? 8)

Based on that video they sound awful, the presets that is, not the synth.

With just 32 presets available, it is a shame that the engineers had to put in presets for clavinets, organs, piano etc, but it seems every synth need to be geared toward covering the needs of the barroom pianist.

I feel the same when I try a modern synth and it's choc full of Trance/EDM presets and flip all else....

Everybody got their own prefered synth time ;)

My time is the time and age of the Quasimidi Sirius :D :love:

Image
The smart futurist looks to the past for all the answers
breakmixer
KVRAF
 
4288 posts since 14 Nov, 2008, from UK

Postby breakmixer; Thu May 29, 2014 10:46 am Re: UVI launches UVX-3P - Roland JX-3P Emulation

Numanoid wrote:Everybody got their own prefered synth time ;)

My time is the time and age of the Quasimidi Sirius :D :love:

Image


My time and age was this below... :lol:

Image

But seriuosly - what was the sirius all about then? What year was that?
User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
 
17899 posts since 20 Jan, 2008

Postby Numanoid; Thu May 29, 2014 11:01 am Re: UVI launches UVX-3P - Roland JX-3P Emulation

breakmixer wrote:But seriuosly - what was the sirius all about then? What year was that?

Sirius was produced in 1998, here is more info: http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/sirius.php
The smart futurist looks to the past for all the answers
User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
 
8100 posts since 21 Nov, 2000, from Southern California

Postby Uncle E; Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:56 am Re: UVI launches UVX-3P - Roland JX-3P Emulation

In case anyone missed it, you'll now get UVX-3P free when you buy UVX-10P. This goes until September 15 and you'll get an automatic extra 20% discount when you add it to your cart at JRR Shop, which means you're getting both synths for $79!

jrrshop.com/uvi-uvx-10p
Redeem the 11% "FORUM" or 16% "GROUP" coupons at:
Image
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments