how to update CSR to 64bit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am trying to figure out how to update IK Multimedia CSR to 64bit version. From snooping around it appears the only way to get the 64bit update is through their custom shop, but when I went to custom shop, it installed a lot lot of baggage into my system under the T-Racks CS paradigm. ICK!

Does anyone know if its possible to use Custom Shop to upgrade CSR to 64bit and then use it outside of T-Racks as a standalone plugin in my 64bit host, or does it ahve to be used inside T-Racks now? Can I safely remove all the other crapola that Custom shop and T racks installed, it seems like a lot of it is inactive content in hopes I will buy later.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Also Ampeg. Is it only possible to install Amplitube CS bloatware in order to get 64bit ampeg?

You need to install T-RackS Custom Shop for CSR 64-bit and AmpliTube Custom Shop for Ampeg models to run in the 64-bit environment. You will be able to use CSR as "single" plugins (outside of the T-RackS shell) in this setup, but you do need to install T-RackS Custom Shop. Custom Shop itself (the separate app) needs to be installed and only needs to be run when you need to use it for things like demoing plugins (keep it open in the background), restoring gear, purchasing gear inside Custom Shop (though you have other options for AmpliTube collections and separate T-RackS gear if you prefer to purchase directly from our web shop).

If this is unclear or you have further questions, our support team can guide you and give advice about any of the technical aspects of any removal or modification of the installation and they can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/support

ok I installed TRacksCS CSR works inside that in my 64bit host, but CSR does not appear to my host as an individual plugin I can use. How do find that ouside of TracksCS?

If you are not seeing the individual plugins, open Custom Shop and go to Gear --> Restore My Gear. If that doesn't work, please contact support and they'll troubleshoot directly with you.

yep tried that, it didn't do anything but show my list of plugins in custom shop, didn't add any plugins to my host. Should I remove the old 32 bit ones first? I'll try your support line later.

After I do that can I remove T-Racks and Custom Shop from my system?

You shouldn't need to remove previous versions. Make sure you rescan plugins in your host too, I assume you have done so though and that it is pointing to the correct folder. I'd say support will need to walk through some things with you.

T-RackS Custom Shop will need to be installed, you can ask support if there is anything you can remove but T-RackS and Custom Shop itself will need to remain.

when i get some time to interact with your customer support I will try again. I think for now I will just wrap the 32bit plugins with "32 lives" and make do that way for the time being.

Thanks

If you were you I would get rid of csr completely. There are much better options.

Oh I dunno I rather love the way CSR sounds. But what are some of your other favorite options?

rasmusklump wrote:If you were you I would get rid of csr completely. There are much better options.
"Much better" is highly subjective. Would be interesting to know what exactly you don´t like about them...
Dewdman42 wrote:Oh I dunno I rather love the way CSR sounds. But what are some of your other favorite options?
CSR is pretty good. And until you have not found something else that makes you say "wow, that reverb sounds way better than my CSR" then stick to them and learn the ins and outs. Of course there are other options nowadays. CSR is a few years old (2007?) and in the meantime other companies developed newer reverbs. But the CSR is a dang good sounding one. And it´s light on the cpu. And if you like to modulate stuff with lfos and spend some time with the input/output phase parameters and the buildup knob you will have lots of fun and a hard time finding an alternative (especially when it comes to the Inverse one).

Btw I bought the whole IKM bundle because of the CSRs. And I don´t regret it.

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Go to the site itself, Support/User Area/My Products. If there is a x64 version it's 1.1 apparently.

Oh NM, I see you have already installed Custom Shop. I just checked, can confirm that 1.1 is x64 and it loads here as itself with no apparent 'shell'.
But if you wholly uninstall Custom Shop it looks like your Classik Reverb will no longer be authorized. Genius isn't it?

Yea I went to support user area, they have version 1.1.1 of CSR from 2009. However, that version does not show up in my 64bit host, DP8. If I start DP8 in 32bit mode then they show up.

I did find the Custom Shop versions of these plugins, the confusion is because they are named differently as individual plugins they are called "TR CSR HL" and stuff like that, in a long list of similar abbreviated names. The previous standalone plugins were better named like "CSR Hall". But I can confirm the Custom Shop versions do load individually, though I must say its a drag I have to have custom shop loaded on the system at all, it uses a lot of disk space and its a drag that the individuals appear with abreviated names.

It also appears there is no way for me to use the old Ampeg plugin as an individual, that is now built into Amplitube as an amp model and no longer as a separate plugin.

Yeah this naming business... I looked at my plugins folders and I found that the version I had instantiated was indeed T-RackS CS CSR Hall.component. I assumed it was the thing I actually installed ca 2009, but now I can't know, it may be an outcome of something I did in Custom Shop. I feel like I had deleted it, I don't use it.

I downloaded the thing from 'My Products' v 1.1 and installed it and it didn't change anything, so I'm confused. There is no other version than the above one there (which definitely is x64 viable).
But the things with the CS stuck in the name will lose authority if you fully uninstall Custom Shop.

Return to “Effects”