Blue 2 - What's Your Take?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cyphersuit wrote:2700? thats insane!

According to the Rob Papen Newsletter today, even more Presets have been added to BLUE II.

Next time you boot up BLUE-II, the new presets will appear. The new banks are: 'The Decoder', 'Navi Retlav' and a few new presets inside 'JoMal 03', 'Pads 03', 'Synth Sounds 02', 'Sequence Sounds 01 and '98 examples'
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Tried the demo today and loved it. This wins over Dune 2 for me... Which is a huge surprise for me too.

Any deals on Blue at JRR?!
Finally!

cyphersuit wrote:From the introduction video it seems like this goes more in direction i was thinking dune2 would go to. Really liking what i can see but 150 euros is a little much.
You can get it for $152 (approx €112) from AudioDeluxe.

cyphersuit wrote:Tried the demo today and loved it. This wins over Dune 2 for me... Which is a huge surprise for me too.
No surprise here, but it's really an apples/oranges comparison. Blue and Dune are two very different synths. Personally, I haven't even been impressed enough by Dune 2 to upgrade from Dune 1 (yet), and the original Dune gets used occasionally in some of my songs. But, Blue 1 (and now Blue II) have been used in most of the songs that I've ever finished. From a sound design perspective, I just find it to be a very flexible synth with a huge sweet spot. [/opinion]
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Beautiful
Lush
Unique
Emotive

:D

Does anyone think Rob Papen will port Blue 2 over to a Reason Rack Extension like he did with Predator? That would be BIG!
Crown Loops creates original sound loops, sound packs, & one-shots for all music creators. GET A FREE! STRINGFINITY Sample Loop Pack here -https://bit.ly/36DGlSY. Buy Crown Loops FIRE DRUMZ 500 drum sound pack here: https://bit.ly/3K12YOW

so far jrr has the best price... just an fyi
Finally!

A question that came to my mind: how do you record the xy pad movement into your daw?
Finally!

Blue 2 is an instrument with monster functionality for sound creation.
1. 6 oscillators that can play analog, additive, spectral waves and including samples: percussion, choirs, and strings, and combinations thereof
2. Two filters with 20 filter types: including HP, LP, comb, notch, Formant, Ring and more.
3. Algorithims for the oscillators, including FM and PWM modulation
4. Phase distortion and wave shaping for the oscillators
5. X-Y screen: 16 mod paths for morphing and shaping sound and can be recorded.
6. Envelopes and multi-envelopes for the oscillators
7. 14 LFOs for modulation
8. Modulation matrix with 20 slots plus key and velocity scale
9. Two sequencers: a Mod sequencer, and a 32 step sequencer with 3 modes
10. Bank and preset manager with approx 2700 patches, including hip hop dubstep, leads, pads, and many many more.
11. 33 FX effects. That's a lot. It's gonna take me 4-6 months to learn all of it.

cyphersuit wrote:A question that came to my mind: how do you record the xy pad movement into your daw?
You can record the XY movement in Blue itself. Not sure if there is a limit to how many points can be recorded.
Otherwise, maybe CCs can be assigned to X and Y position, and a controller track can be recorded.

Yeah i just tried both methods, both seem to work!
Finally!

Crown Loops™ wrote:Hey KVR fam.
I've been seeing a number of reviews on Rob Papen's Blue 2 and was curious to know who has it and how do feel about it. Share your experiences with it. I'm looking to purchase it in the near future.
It was a classic ten years ago. A heavy weight.

It has been improved.

It is a great synth to have fun with. So many presets to find a good ground of what you want with your track. Then play about. Playing about with this thing is more than half the fun.

For the money, nothing comes close. Then again, there is no synth that comes close at any price. Programmed by Jon Ayres. A master. Amongst masters. Blue does Pads, it does Basses, it does Squelches. Bleeps, bloops and blops. There is nothing it can't do.

Put it like this: For the money, you will not find a more verstatile synth.

And the customer support is exceptional. It might take a day or two, but you will be dealt with in a most personal way. Rob is the best.

Okay. You guys must know by now I'm buying Blue 2 without a doubt! Thanks for all the great responses.
Crown Loops creates original sound loops, sound packs, & one-shots for all music creators. GET A FREE! STRINGFINITY Sample Loop Pack here -https://bit.ly/36DGlSY. Buy Crown Loops FIRE DRUMZ 500 drum sound pack here: https://bit.ly/3K12YOW

Aural Chaos wrote:
cyphersuit wrote:A question that came to my mind: how do you record the xy pad movement into your daw?
You can record the XY movement in Blue itself. Not sure if there is a limit to how many points can be recorded.
Otherwise, maybe CCs can be assigned to X and Y position, and a controller track can be recorded.
Just tested with Touchdaw's XY pad on my android phone and all parameters were easily (auto) written to envelope lanes in Studio 1. Haven't purchased this synth yet but it's on my list. :tu:

I was underwhelmed by Blue, but on a recommendation from someone who said, "It replaced my FS1r," I tried the Blue 2 demo and I was very impressed. I've been busy consolidating my hardware, but as soon as someone buys my DX200, Blue 2 will be mine.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”