What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

My Daughters Prom (proud father pics)

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Rad Grandad

24616 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Sat May 31, 2014 10:54 am My Daughters Prom (proud father pics)

so many of you have been around as long as I have and have watched my little girl grow up, so here's some pictures from her big night. Lauren is 18 now and she is a junior, at her school they combine the junior and senior prom. The local schools really let her down and I got her into a charter school, she had to repeat the 9th grade because she was so far behind. SO she chose to go to the prom this year because all her close friends are in the class of 2014 (and she will be graduating next year). The amazing thing is how she has done so well in school, but the first thing we did when she went to this school was to stop the meds and doing fantastic in school...now she's all grown up and her mother and I are prouder than words can express.

Her boyfriend Damien she has been with for years, we really like Damien a lot and he is so good to her. But boy can she keep him in his place, at the prom she's rocking a little black dress but in the relationship she wears the pants :hihi:

Some group shots of who she went with. The kid with the hat was actually her very first boyfriend.

My daughter goes in style, and thankfully as I would rather have her in a Limo than be worried all night about who's driving and whether there is any drinking.

here at the end of this I am so emotional I can barely see the keyboard through my tears...I'mm so proud of my daughter :D
As long as you hate, there will be people to hate
-George Harrison
KVRian

706 posts since 8 Sep, 2009

Postby elassi; Sat May 31, 2014 11:06 am Re: My Daughters Prom (proud father pics)

Hink wrote:Image

Great pic!
Rad Grandad

Postby Hink; Sat May 31, 2014 11:15 am Re: My Daughters Prom (proud father pics)

elassi wrote:
Hink wrote:Image

Great pic!

thanx, but you know what's funny...poking my head in the limo is the most I have ever been in a limo except a funeral limo with all clear widows and no frills :ud:
-George Harrison
KVRAF

18393 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from England

Postby Kriminal; Sat May 31, 2014 11:31 am Re: My Daughters Prom (proud father pics)

Nice one hinkster! All grown up now eh...

We've started to get the prom culture over here now....didnt have it when i was at school. I would have killed for a Rydell High dance off :hihi:
KVRAF

8919 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Sat May 31, 2014 11:40 am Re: My Daughters Prom (proud father pics)

You're looking like an Italian in these pics! :o
Rad Grandad

Postby Hink; Sat May 31, 2014 11:54 am Re: My Daughters Prom (proud father pics)

Tricky-Loops wrote:You're looking like an Italian in these pics! :o

that's not me, that's her boyfriend Damien (we really like him a lot) :)

Dave, Thanx yes she is growing up but we have a lot to be proud of, she's really a good girl and intends on staying that way :)

FWIW I wore a powder blue tux to my prom :oops:
-George Harrison
KVRAF

8919 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Sat May 31, 2014 12:00 pm Re: My Daughters Prom (proud father pics)

Hink wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:You're looking like an Italian in these pics! :o

that's not me, that's her boyfriend Damien (we really like him a lot) :)
Oops, sorry... :oops:

And I already thought for Hink he looks a bit too young...anyway, nice boyfriend she has! 8)
KVRAF

18393 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from England

Postby Kriminal; Sat May 31, 2014 12:21 pm Re: My Daughters Prom (proud father pics)

Hink wrote:she's really a good girl and intends on staying that way :)

takes after her mum then :hihi:
Rad Grandad

Postby Hink; Sat May 31, 2014 12:30 pm Re: My Daughters Prom (proud father pics)

Kriminal wrote:
Hink wrote:she's really a good girl and intends on staying that way :)

takes after her mum then :hihi:

:tu: :hihi:
-George Harrison
KVRAF

3954 posts since 6 Sep, 2006, from Elk Grove, CA

Postby cryophonik; Sat May 31, 2014 12:44 pm Re: My Daughters Prom (proud father pics)

Hink wrote:that's not me, that's her boyfriend Damien (we really like him a lot) :)

Ah, that explains why there are no photos of you showing him your collection of shotguns and handguns. :wink:

Nice pix, Hink. :tu:
KVRAF

7471 posts since 2 Apr, 2002, from Austin, Texas, USA

Postby SyntheticAurality; Sat May 31, 2014 2:11 pm Re: My Daughters Prom (proud father pics)

Great pics! So glad to hear she's doing well, too!

They make a cute couple, but she's cuter than he is! :hihi: :hihi:

Looks like a good time was had by all! :D :D :D
KVRAF

11019 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:25 am Re: My Daughters Prom (proud father pics)

Sometimes a time out and a different school is the best that can happen to you. I can totally relate.

Your daughter mostly looks like "dad - I'm shy, go away!" or "daaaaaaad! Not now" in the pics, while some of her friends in the pics are like "who is that man taking pics?! That is so uncool.". But it clearly shows, that your daughter is the "rebel type" in the relationship (and maybe even otherwise as well), compared to the other ladies in the pictures. :hihi:

But if you say that she is happy with her BF, then all the better. No fear of certain things happening at proms. Like: drinking marathons and/or worse sh*t. (I usually was one of the only people NOT being drunk, since I don't drink)

Our proms were never that formal over here in German land. Unless it were dance proms, or Abitur graduation (12th/13th class, Gymnasium) where I was invited to. And those were uber-boring to me (live music was mostly tiring my ears, too many people, etc). Else, I do remember that I didn't wear a tux of some sort at my prom (Realschule/Secondary School, 10th class). Only a vest, fitting shoes (I was criticized for that, since they were not "formal attire", but heck - the color was fitting), pants, tie, etc. I mean... I was in charge of the music program since all other people jumped off - so it was okay. Pair-grouping happened later anyway - post graduation. And I didn't bother anymore after the trainee finals (read at graduation day) - it was workday for me and I didn't get a day off. So... pft!

Ah... that's like what for me? 15 years ago?
Time sure flies. Around 19-20 years in the music making game, steady Audio engineering for over 11 years now as well. Can't get any younger, only wiser. :tu:

Anyway - nice pics. And I sure am curious what will happen on that behalf (proms) with my little family in like 15-16 years from now...

Oh and... Top hat! Don't underestimate the power of a top hat. :hihi:
Rad Grandad

Postby Hink; Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:05 am Re: My Daughters Prom (proud father pics)

thanx everyone, Compy...there were a bunch of adults taking pictures for the inside group shot I had to crouch down and crop out this woman's arm who couldn't stop waving it around. I had an awkward moment yesterday when her friends sent me friends requests on FB, one girl changed her profile picture to one I took (and not her parents who actually had the same camera as me, but the newer model). I mean it's a little weird, an almost 55 year old man getting a friend request from girls in high school? Of course the truth is more of her male classmates are friends with me on FB.

Maybe it's the long hair, maybe it's my :nutter: sense of humor that has rubbed off on my daughter or just the fact that I am not a suit and tie dad...but I'm the cool dad at her school. I am often at her school (parents are a big part of the picture at this school) and I always get "hi Lauren's dad" from kids I dont know...even parents know me and I have no idea who they are :shrug:

FWIW the sweet pics of my daughter alone were all her going "take my pic like this".

And yes, her boyfriend is very good to her and we really do like him a lot. I honestly trust him with my daughter. But please understand my daughter is as pure as fresh fallen snow, not because she's religious cause she's not, not because we harp on her, because we dont...because that is important to her. She has a man who understands and really cares about her.

FTR at her age I was enlisted in the service, I was engaged to be married (and got married at 19) and I wish I had the common sense then she has now
-George Harrison
KVRian

764 posts since 9 Mar, 2008, from netherlands

Postby kelvyn; Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:37 am Re: My Daughters Prom (proud father pics)

Another amazing moment in the book of life that you are creating. Proud dad and wonderful daughter... Good on you! Congratulations!
And you are a lucky man to have a daughter with a great boyfriend who you seem to like and respect. Five star existence:)
KVRAF

1937 posts since 19 Sep, 2011

Postby AstralExistence; Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:01 am Re: My Daughters Prom (proud father pics)

so cute hink congrads.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic