What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Name your "one great" EQ, compressor, and reverb...for 3 price brackets

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

6051 posts since 21 Nov, 2000, from Southern California

Postby Uncle E; Sat May 31, 2014 10:41 am Name your "one great" EQ, compressor, and reverb...for 3 price brackets

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Uncle E wrote:[it sure does make it easier and faster to get quality results when you've got one great EQ, one great compressor, and one great reverb.

your mission, should you choose to accept it :

name your "one great" for eq, comp and verb.....for 3 price brackets - cheap-seats, mid-priced, need-a-2nd-mortgage

1. cheap-seats
EQ = Voxengo CurveEQ or McDSP 4020
Compressor = PSP OldTimer or McDSP 4030
Reverb = Melda MMultibandConvolution

2. mid-priced
EQ = IK Multimedia EQ 73, IK Multimedia 432, or Maag Audio EQ4
Compressor = KuSH Audio UBK-1, Elysia mpressor, or Slate VBC
Reverb = EastWest Space

3. need-a-2nd-mortgage
EQ = UAD-2 Pultec MK2 or UAD-2 Neve 1073
Compressor = UAD-2 1176 Collection MK2 or LA2A Collection MK2
Reverb = UAD-2 Lexicon 224 or Powercore VSS3
Redeem the 11% "FORUM" or 16% "GROUP" coupons at:
U-o
KVRian

598 posts since 16 Nov, 2011

Postby U-o; Sat May 31, 2014 10:57 am Re: Name your "one great" EQ, compressor, and reverb...for 3 price brackets

FL Studio Producer Edition, Harmless, TripleCheese, ZebraCM, BiFilter2, Freq-Balancer, Glitch, Limiter №6, Spitfish, TubeLimit
KVRAF

3587 posts since 24 May, 2009, from south park....DUH !!!

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Sat May 31, 2014 11:21 am Re: Name your "one great" EQ, compressor, and reverb...for 3 price brackets

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: brilliant !! thanks :tu:

i have to say, i have always lusted after uad stuff, but i neither have the money to buy it, nor the ears to justify it :)

saw you mention the mpressor in the other thread. might have a look.

as for voxengo ?? gui kills it for me (and not in a good way)

will look at the other recommendations, though i am kind of sworn off of ik (at least their software, anyhow)

thanks again
KVRAF

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Sat May 31, 2014 11:23 am Re: Name your "one great" EQ, compressor, and reverb...for 3 price brackets

U-o wrote:All you want + some extras in one bracket.

interesting suggestion. for some background info, this thread is related to another, with the general idea being that the plugs are kind of best-in-class or, at the least, superior to daw stock plugs

do these qualify ??
KVRAF

Postby Uncle E; Sat May 31, 2014 11:31 am Re: Name your "one great" EQ, compressor, and reverb...for 3 price brackets

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:will look at the other recommendations, though i am kind of sworn off of ik (at least their software, anyhow)

Just check out their 432. I don't think there exists a better native EQ - or perhaps ANY digital EQ - than that.
KVRian

628 posts since 22 Sep, 2007, from Caracas, Venezuela

Postby Mercado_Negro; Sat May 31, 2014 12:03 pm Re: Name your "one great" EQ, compressor, and reverb...for 3 price brackets

Uncle E wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:will look at the other recommendations, though i am kind of sworn off of ik (at least their software, anyhow)

Just check out their 432. I don't think there exists a better native EQ - or perhaps ANY digital EQ - than that.

What do you like about it?
KVRian

967 posts since 9 Sep, 2010

Postby Robmobius; Sat May 31, 2014 12:19 pm Re: Name your "one great" EQ, compressor, and reverb...for 3 price brackets

Uncle E wrote:

How would it compare to EQuilibrium? I can always do with another EQ. :)

Cheers,

R.
My gear review blog at the Industry Hotspot Website:

http://theindustryhotspot.com/profiles/ ... ailwz3fygg
KVRAF

Postby Uncle E; Sat May 31, 2014 1:14 pm Re: Name your "one great" EQ, compressor, and reverb...for 3 price brackets

Mercado_Negro wrote:What do you like about it?

It's one of the sweetest, most natural sounding EQ's I've ever heard while also allowing for a good amount of control (the Maag Audio EQ4 is also very sweet but it doesn't offer much control). I think it's better than the Universal Audio Massive Passive.
KVRAF

Postby Uncle E; Sat May 31, 2014 1:15 pm Re: Name your "one great" EQ, compressor, and reverb...for 3 price brackets

Robmobius wrote:How would it compare to EQuilibrium? I can always do with another EQ. :)

It's better sounding, IMO.
KVRian

1077 posts since 6 Jul, 2012

Postby Turello; Sat May 31, 2014 1:20 pm Re: Name your "one great" EQ, compressor, and reverb...for 3 price brackets

Compressors and reverbs are too many to list them all but as EQs I can suggest SSL X-EQ and Sonnox Native EQ, with this 2 you can adjust\transform\fix all and also in any studio I enter this are 2 must have! ;-)
KVRAF

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Sat May 31, 2014 1:30 pm Re: Name your "one great" EQ, compressor, and reverb...for 3 price brackets

Turello wrote:Compressors and reverbs are too many to list them all but as EQs I can suggest SSL X-EQ and Sonnox Native EQ, with this 2 you can adjust\transform\fix all and also in any studio I enter this are 2 must have! ;-)

Which of the three price levels do they fall into ?? :wink:
KVRAF

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Sat May 31, 2014 1:32 pm Re: Name your "one great" EQ, compressor, and reverb...for 3 price brackets

Uncle E wrote:

Looks like a beast, but it's a mastering compressor right ??
KVRian

Postby Turello; Sat May 31, 2014 1:34 pm Re: Name your "one great" EQ, compressor, and reverb...for 3 price brackets

sorry... 3, for price and for quality! But they deserve! :tu:
KVRian

Postby Turello; Sat May 31, 2014 1:41 pm Re: Name your "one great" EQ, compressor, and reverb...for 3 price brackets

PS: I was bought this 2 some years ago, payed in Euros (in Italy), can't remember how I pay but I usually equalize with this 2 on Rock songs (electric\acoustic guitars, percussions, bass and vocals and also samples, expecially drums) and I'm really satisfied cause they are surgical
KVRian

967 posts since 9 Sep, 2010

Postby Robmobius; Sat May 31, 2014 1:44 pm Re: Name your "one great" EQ, compressor, and reverb...for 3 price brackets

Uncle E wrote:
Robmobius wrote:How would it compare to EQuilibrium? I can always do with another EQ. :)

It's better sounding, IMO.

Wow! High praise indeed. I must check it out in that case. :)

Cheers,

R.
My gear review blog at the Industry Hotspot Website:

http://theindustryhotspot.com/profiles/ ... ailwz3fygg
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects