Name your "one great" EQ, compressor, and reverb...for 3 price brackets

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Uncle E wrote:[it sure does make it easier and faster to get quality results when you've got one great EQ, one great compressor, and one great reverb.
your mission, should you choose to accept it :

name your "one great" for eq, comp and verb.....for 3 price brackets - cheap-seats, mid-priced, need-a-2nd-mortgage

1. cheap-seats
EQ = Voxengo CurveEQ or McDSP 4020
Compressor = PSP OldTimer or McDSP 4030
Reverb = Melda MMultibandConvolution

2. mid-priced
EQ = IK Multimedia EQ 73, IK Multimedia 432, or Maag Audio EQ4
Compressor = KuSH Audio UBK-1, Elysia mpressor, or Slate VBC
Reverb = EastWest Space

3. need-a-2nd-mortgage
EQ = UAD-2 Pultec MK2 or UAD-2 Neve 1073
Compressor = UAD-2 1176 Collection MK2 or LA2A Collection MK2
Reverb = UAD-2 Lexicon 224 or Powercore VSS3

yzcoruhT

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: brilliant !! thanks :tu:

i have to say, i have always lusted after uad stuff, but i neither have the money to buy it, nor the ears to justify it :)

saw you mention the mpressor in the other thread. might have a look.

as for voxengo ?? gui kills it for me (and not in a good way)

will look at the other recommendations, though i am kind of sworn off of ik (at least their software, anyhow)

thanks again

U-o wrote:All you want + some extras in one bracket.
interesting suggestion. for some background info, this thread is related to another, with the general idea being that the plugs are kind of best-in-class or, at the least, superior to daw stock plugs

do these qualify ??

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:will look at the other recommendations, though i am kind of sworn off of ik (at least their software, anyhow)
Just check out their 432. I don't think there exists a better native EQ - or perhaps ANY digital EQ - than that.

Uncle E wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:will look at the other recommendations, though i am kind of sworn off of ik (at least their software, anyhow)
Just check out their 432. I don't think there exists a better native EQ - or perhaps ANY digital EQ - than that.
What do you like about it?

Uncle E wrote:
How would it compare to EQuilibrium? I can always do with another EQ. :)

Cheers,

R.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Mercado_Negro wrote:What do you like about it?
It's one of the sweetest, most natural sounding EQ's I've ever heard while also allowing for a good amount of control (the Maag Audio EQ4 is also very sweet but it doesn't offer much control). I think it's better than the Universal Audio Massive Passive.

Robmobius wrote:How would it compare to EQuilibrium? I can always do with another EQ. :)
It's better sounding, IMO.

Compressors and reverbs are too many to list them all but as EQs I can suggest SSL X-EQ and Sonnox Native EQ, with this 2 you can adjust\transform\fix all and also in any studio I enter this are 2 must have! ;-)

Turello wrote:Compressors and reverbs are too many to list them all but as EQs I can suggest SSL X-EQ and Sonnox Native EQ, with this 2 you can adjust\transform\fix all and also in any studio I enter this are 2 must have! ;-)
Which of the three price levels do they fall into ?? :wink:

Uncle E wrote:
Looks like a beast, but it's a mastering compressor right ??

sorry... 3, for price and for quality! But they deserve! :tu:

PS: I was bought this 2 some years ago, payed in Euros (in Italy), can't remember how I pay but I usually equalize with this 2 on Rock songs (electric\acoustic guitars, percussions, bass and vocals and also samples, expecially drums) and I'm really satisfied cause they are surgical

Uncle E wrote:
Robmobius wrote:How would it compare to EQuilibrium? I can always do with another EQ. :)
It's better sounding, IMO.
Wow! High praise indeed. I must check it out in that case. :)

Cheers,

R.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Return to “Effects”