What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Headphone amp for Sennheiser HD 650's and iPad

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
20081 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:25 am Headphone amp for Sennheiser HD 650's and iPad

I want to be able to use my 650's at home with my iPad but I know on its own it doesn't have the power to get the best out of them - what headhone amp would work well with this setup? Ideally something fairly portable. I was looking at this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-E12-Portab ... p_rec-ht_2

but one reviewer wrote even these don't have enough power.
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
 
6509 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:34 am Re: Headphone amp for Sennheiser HD 650's and iPad

Cheaper than a loaf of bread (almost) and just as portable.
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/HA400.aspx

Can't comment on audio quality, but how much difference can it possibly make when listening to mp3's.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
20081 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:44 am Re: Headphone amp for Sennheiser HD 650's and iPad

Mushy Mushy wrote:Cheaper than a loaf of bread (almost) and just as portable.
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/HA400.aspx

Can't comment on audio quality, but how much difference can it possibly make when listening to mp3's.


Thanks but I want high quality - at home I'm streaming music to my iPod over wifi using my Sony STR DN1040 and ITunes Home sharing so it's Lossless AAC and FLAC format.
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
 
6509 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:52 am Re: Headphone amp for Sennheiser HD 650's and iPad

aMUSEd wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Cheaper than a loaf of bread (almost) and just as portable.
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/HA400.aspx

Can't comment on audio quality, but how much difference can it possibly make when listening to mp3's.


Thanks but I want high quality - at home I'm streaming music to my iPod over wifi using my Sony STR DN1040 and ITunes Home sharing so it's Lossless AAC and FLAC format.

Just get a Lightning to RCA cable then and connect it to any audiophile headphone amp of your choosing.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
20081 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:54 am Re: Headphone amp for Sennheiser HD 650's and iPad

Mushy Mushy wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Cheaper than a loaf of bread (almost) and just as portable.
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/HA400.aspx

Can't comment on audio quality, but how much difference can it possibly make when listening to mp3's.


Thanks but I want high quality - at home I'm streaming music to my iPod over wifi using my Sony STR DN1040 and ITunes Home sharing so it's Lossless AAC and FLAC format.

Just get a Lightning to RCA cable then and connect it to any audiophile headphone amp of your choosing.


That's what I'm wanting is recommendations as to what amp is best, the 650's seem to need a lot of power so the one I was looking at may not be enough
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
 
6509 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:57 am Re: Headphone amp for Sennheiser HD 650's and iPad

"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)