Acustica - Silk eQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Silk2

absolutely awesome sounding on 2BUS. it makes everything sound bigger, fuller, wider

once again the question: when can we get mac Au 64bit version?

Info about performance in mac osx 10.8.5, Mac Pro 3,1 2008, 8-Core Xeon, 14GB RAM, Apogee Duet Buffer 256 samples:

SilkEQ.vst 64bit
DSP BUffer: 256 samples
No. of Instance: 4 (all filters enabled)
System Monitor: cca 50% load

SilkEQ.vst 64bit
DSP BUffer: 1024 samples
System Monitor: cca 15% load

SilkEQ.vst 64bit
DSP BUffer: 2048 samples
System Monitor: cca 12-13% load

For mixing 1024 seems to be a good choice

That's pretty extreme. I don't think my little MacBook Air can take that kind of punishment.

poshook wrote:once again the question: when can we get mac Au 64bit version?
before the end of the year, we are currently migrating to a different framework

compared to T-Racks 432 EQ (maybe one of the best sw emus).... there is nothing to compare. 432EQ sounds static, flat, artificial. It sounds more like another layer over the source material where the EQ is applied. You can easily hear music and the EQ dust over there.
SilkEQ sounds like it was there from the very beginning - no effect, no EQ, just pure music all around.... amazing

poshook wrote:compared to T-Racks 432 EQ (maybe one of the best sw emus).... there is nothing to compare. 432EQ sounds static, flat, artificial. It sounds more like another layer over the source material where the EQ is applied. You can easily hear music and the EQ dust over there.
SilkEQ sounds like it was there from the very beginning - no effect, no EQ, just pure music all around.... amazing
Seriously ? I have friends who would love to smoke your very powerful, it seems, weed :D.

bump for this great thread

Return to “Effects”