u-he Bazille Release Date Announced!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazille

aMUSEd wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:Hey pdxindy, I know I will probably get chastised for this on this forum of all places, but thought you would be a good person to ask. Is there a good reason to get Bazille if I already have ACE? What can I do with Bazille that I can't do with ACE? It sounds like the additional filter types might be the difference here? I think ACE was supposed to be modeled after the SH-09. Bazille sounds a little more like the System (edit) 700 maybe? A little more dirty? Asking for an honest and unbiased opinion if possible, because ACE seems to be able to do most of what Bazille can do, am I wrong?
ACE = VA synthesis
Bazille = FM/Phase distortion synthesis
I think this says it best. They are different imo.

First impressions are...it's EXTREMELY versatile. I'm going to throw this out there as a COMPLETELY impartial view from someone that only buys synths and has yet to get anything for free or paid outright from any paid advertising. It's very THICK. which not a lot of people have touched on yet. I like the quality of ace sound better on first impressions but Bazille has that thoroughly modern algorithmic stacked thickness to it. It's addictive. My impression is Zebra quality sound laid thick as a bible. The filter is more versatile and almost metallic. It reeks of metal. More partials to play with. It is so versatile it can do warm pads to the clouds...so don't let anyone tell you different. Bass is gnarly dirty. I have had macbeths, and this has a funk modular vibe to it. It's ACE multiplied. It's not as smooth as ACE though. It's easy to get sucked into the gui and keep going with Bazille. I think it is more DSI in a laptop. It's got a real prophet feel to it. Not brassy, but the modern prophets. It's stacked analog with a metallic shine. It's a total time killer (which I love) but that is just because there is no patch library yet...which I find so much more fun. I haven't even begun to hit possibilities yet, but I'm going to be spending some time with it. That is a good thing.

'm getting a distracting scratch out of the phase pot on oscillator one. Very analog!

^^^ Sorry, I think it was the VRM box I was using.

Nope, I'm getting it again, it appears to be random though. Carry on. :party:

I'd really like the effects to turn on and off when I click them. Not just with a control click.
Last edited by Dasheesh on Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

double post

thanks @pdxindy - its going to take some experimenting, there are so many variables at play, so whilst i couldn't get the same sound, i did get some very interesting ones along the way :)
(and the retrigger of the enveloper from the LFO is very handy tip to, thanks)

loads of fun to be had.

Is there a way to delete unwanted presets yet? Just mark them junk?

Dasheesh wrote:I'd really like the effects to turn on and off when I click them. Not just with a control click.

works with double click...got it.

Anybody found velocity mapping yet?

Dasheesh wrote:Anybody found velocity mapping yet?

n.m., found it under envelopes.

Dasheesh wrote:Is there a way to delete unwanted presets yet? Just mark them junk?
right click on a preset and select show in finder... then delete the file

Dasheesh wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:Anybody found velocity mapping yet?
n.m., found it under envelopes.
You also have a velocity modifier in the 'Midi and More' section at the bottom left - 'Velo'

Please remind me, how long is the intro offer 30% off good?

Numanoid wrote:Please remind me, how long is the intro offer 30% off good?
The purchasing discount is currently estimated at ending July 1.
http://www.u-he.com/cms/147-bazille-public-beta

Return to “Instruments”