Poor Little Bully (synth-pop)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was tidying up my website and found this poor little thing I'd forgotten I wrote. Cheesy synth-pop, if you're in the mood.

Poor Little Bully

Feel free to put the boot in. 8)

----------------------------------------

you didn't look me in the eye
as they read the charges out
you ran through every alibi
wasn't me, wasn't wrong
can't prove anything
poor little bully

you spit abuse at immigrants
then stomp them to the curb
you flee the scene still pleading ignorance
wasn't me, wasn't wrong
i wasn't even here
poor little bullet-headed bully
don't be sad, don't be sad
sit awhile and think of all the heads you've stepped on
bullet-headed bully
don't be blue, don't be blue
if we turn our backs on you
we get what's coming

you kicked your little sister in
then you made her shine your shoes
little fingers blistering
wasn't me, wasn't wrong
can't prove anything
poor little bullet-headed bully
don't lose heart, don't lose heart
feed the beast that's under every bed you've slept on
vicious little bully
don't feel shame, don't feel shame
the victim is to blame
we get what's coming

if it's half as hard to be you
as it is to be around you
then it isn't very easy being you

they say you punched the windows in
and terrorised the judge
you left the courthouse whistling
wasn't me, wasn't wrong
can't prove anything
poor little bully

Good tune. Think it`s worth more production. The vocal harmonies don`t fall short though. :) I realize it`s just a demo production that got forgotten along the way, as you mention in not so many words.

Was there an event on TV maybe which inspired your bully theme? We don`t have bullies in the US, we are a meek, soft spoken pacifist culture. :roll:

Always like your tunes Barnadine

EDIT - Oh, and by the way... have you notice that I am a Bunyip? (check my avatar pix) I`m a friendly one though...some of the time anyway.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Quite enjoyable, it fits minimal synth mood perfectly. Good find.

LOVE your snare. Just creepy, kick-ass enough to fit in perfectly.

Wow so your bass is quite intense.

It's funny cuz the music sounds so modern, and the vox sound so old-fashioned. It's a heady brew, and I don't know what to make of it. I think I like it. And I like how you cut out the bass in key parts. That kills.

You have some clever words in there, wow! Actually, this may be a borderline genius piece. So are you the bully, or are you the bullied? Or do you just have a seriously heavy gift of empathy mixed with some humble snark that really nails the poor guy's coffin shut...

JJ.

Cool one! As always a perfectly arranged dittie.
Are so many bullies? Probably, yes
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

It's got such a light feel with the great melodies and the light vocal touches, but the lyrics give the song a dark undercurrent which boots the cheese element straight out of the window. Great arrangement. This is without doubt one of my 2 favourite songs in the Cafe this year.

Good work :tu:

Many thank for listening, all. Much appreciated.
annode wrote:Was there an event on TV maybe which inspired your bully theme? We don`t have bullies in the US, we are a meek, soft spoken pacifist culture.
I wrote this last year, so think the main inspiration was actually our bully-in-chief Tony Abbott. (In the US you give your unhinged misogynists access to guns; in Australia we elect them Prime Minister. One of those little cultural differences. :() But I tried to broaden it out to fit bullies in general.
EDIT - Oh, and by the way... have you notice that I am a Bunyip? (check my avatar pix) I`m a friendly one though...some of the time anyway.
You're a bunyip! I didn't realise we were exporting. You look a bit like the Bunyip of Berkeley's Creek. I loved that story as a child. He wakes in a boghole and spends most of the book wandering around in an existential crisis. :tu:

:)
(In the US you give your unhinged misogynists access to guns; in Australia we elect them Prime Minister. One of those little cultural differences.
If i`m remembering what i`ve been trying to forget, not long ago we had a president named George W. Bush who was not only apparently stupid but was also very dangerous. Abbott reminded me of Bush.
That was a bit uncomfortable when Abbott was asked to give an example in that Youtube vid and he just froze. LOL

Yes...ha..."what am I?" "What is my purpose in life?" "Am I living life authentically?" "How do I appear to others?" lol

Personally, I am only interested in eating little girls in the darkness of night. :)
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Classic! Love the synth pop contrasting with the ironic lyrics. Great to hear you again Barnadine!
Image Image

Like it lots! Has a Magnetic Fields vibe to it. :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”