SPL TwinTube, your opinions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any opinions?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Here's one:

Why open another thread about it when the last one you started was only a little over a month ago? In that you started by apologising for opening another one about it. Is this the third one now or are there even more than that?

Google KVR twintube and your last post was the fifth entry.

What gives?

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Just noticed that your last thread was April 20th 2011 so actually over 3 years ago.

A bit odd?!

Do you have the plugin? Surely you must have formed an opinion about it yourself by now?

Either way, if you want to share some techniques and opinions about it, why not just post in your original thread. This kind of lazy behaviour is what clogs up forums and makes it harder to find good information.

Just saying.

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Sry about that. Forgot this topic totally and didnt buy this plugin somehow. Recently i remembered it though and still consider buying it but maybe there are better alternatives which add harmonics and saturation? Afaik harmonic enhancer is something different. I dunno what though
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Hi :)

No problem. Are you on pc?

If so, I would go for Christortion. Complete control over harmonics by the looks of it.

http://www.savioursofsoul.de/Christian/vst-plugins/

I'm on mac but would love to know if there's anything similar out there for us mac users.

For adding harmonics, I use Sonnox Inflator, Wavearts Tube Saturator, Slate FG-Red and am thinking about picking up fielding DSP Reviver:

https://www.fieldingdsp.com/reviver

p.s. I'm on day 8 of giving up cigarettes so sorry to anyone if I'm more bad tempered than normal hehe! ;)

n/m
Last edited by scintillator on Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djscorb wrote:I'm on day 8 of giving up cigarettes so sorry to anyone if I'm more bad tempered than normal hehe! ;)
I know what you're going through. Remember that NOT smoking eventually starts to feel really good.... :hug:

I use it a lot and really like the sound of it on sources like e.g. acoustic guitars and vocals, less is definitely more with this plugin. In fact I like it so much that I ordered a hardware tube saturator from SPL some days ago.

NAD wrote:
djscorb wrote:I'm on day 8 of giving up cigarettes so sorry to anyone if I'm more bad tempered than normal hehe! ;)
I know what you're going through. Remember that NOT smoking eventually starts to feel really good.... :hug:
...because of more money to buy plugins..? :D

Haha!

Yes actually. I gave up for two years and decided to spend the money I saved on studio upgrades and plugins.

In those two years alone I managed to aquire pretty much everything on my long term plugin wishlist and also some hardware.

Like an idiot I started again last December but gave up a week ago yesterday.

I don't really need any more plugins anymore so I guess I'll start putting the cash towards either a Dynaudio Sub or some PMCs :)

By the way, anyone thinking of giving up, DO IT. After the first 3 or 4 days it's not so bad. I spent an average of £25 a week on tobacco/papers/filters (not to mention other "smoking" things!). Even one year of that can fund a pretty comprehensive plugin collection!!

Cheers

Scorb

To get back on topic, Voxengo Shinechilla looks interesting.

I usually want to generate harmonics to either bass sounds or sounds that are almost pure sines (bells and blips etc). I find that adding some harmonics to these purer tones helps them to cut through more and not have to be set quite so loud in the mix to shine through.

Might give Shinechilla a demo and see how it sounds:

http://www.voxengo.com/product/shinechilla/

Cheers

Scorb

Tjx for the list but is there a plugin like twintube which has both options too? Harmonics & saturation? And one important question. How much or at all are the other plugins different harmoniccontrolwise ? :D

Caine123 wrote:Tjx for the list but is there a plugin like twintube which has both options too? Harmonics & saturation? And one important question. How much or at all are the other plugins different harmoniccontrolwise ? :D
Ever heard of demoing plugins?

Melda's Saturator does yes ;)

The voxengo one mentioned above allows harmonics to be added without saturation but also can saturate too, controlled by input level.

Cheers

Scorb

Return to “Effects”