What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

SPL TwinTube, your opinions

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Caine123
KVRAF

2862 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Postby Caine123; Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:31 am SPL TwinTube, your opinions

Any opinions?
djscorb
KVRist

365 posts since 3 May, 2007, from UK

Postby djscorb; Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:37 am Re: SPL TwinTube, your opinions

Here's one:

Why open another thread about it when the last one you started was only a little over a month ago? In that you started by apologising for opening another one about it. Is this the third one now or are there even more than that?

Google KVR twintube and your last post was the fifth entry.

What gives?

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...
djscorb
KVRist

Postby djscorb; Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:53 am Re: SPL TwinTube, your opinions

Just noticed that your last thread was April 20th 2011 so actually over 3 years ago.

A bit odd?!

Do you have the plugin? Surely you must have formed an opinion about it yourself by now?

Either way, if you want to share some techniques and opinions about it, why not just post in your original thread. This kind of lazy behaviour is what clogs up forums and makes it harder to find good information.

Just saying.

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...
Caine123
KVRAF

Postby Caine123; Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:42 am Re: SPL TwinTube, your opinions

Sry about that. Forgot this topic totally and didnt buy this plugin somehow. Recently i remembered it though and still consider buying it but maybe there are better alternatives which add harmonics and saturation? Afaik harmonic enhancer is something different. I dunno what though
djscorb
KVRist

Postby djscorb; Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:52 am Re: SPL TwinTube, your opinions

Hi :)

No problem. Are you on pc?

If so, I would go for Christortion. Complete control over harmonics by the looks of it.

http://www.savioursofsoul.de/Christian/vst-plugins/

I'm on mac but would love to know if there's anything similar out there for us mac users.

For adding harmonics, I use Sonnox Inflator, Wavearts Tube Saturator, Slate FG-Red and am thinking about picking up fielding DSP Reviver:

https://www.fieldingdsp.com/reviver

p.s. I'm on day 8 of giving up cigarettes so sorry to anyone if I'm more bad tempered than normal hehe! ;)
scintillator
KVRist

30 posts since 1 May, 2012

Postby scintillator; Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:02 am Re: SPL TwinTube, your opinions

n/m
Last edited by scintillator on Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
NAD
KVRian

1042 posts since 28 Jan, 2004

Postby NAD; Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:06 am Re: SPL TwinTube, your opinions

djscorb wrote:I'm on day 8 of giving up cigarettes so sorry to anyone if I'm more bad tempered than normal hehe! ;)

I know what you're going through. Remember that NOT smoking eventually starts to feel really good.... :hug:
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

7307 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:12 am Re: SPL TwinTube, your opinions

I use it a lot and really like the sound of it on sources like e.g. acoustic guitars and vocals, less is definitely more with this plugin. In fact I like it so much that I ordered a hardware tube saturator from SPL some days ago.
sonicpowa
KVRian

998 posts since 3 Jul, 2009

Postby sonicpowa; Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:15 am Re: SPL TwinTube, your opinions

NAD wrote:
djscorb wrote:I'm on day 8 of giving up cigarettes so sorry to anyone if I'm more bad tempered than normal hehe! ;)

I know what you're going through. Remember that NOT smoking eventually starts to feel really good.... :hug:

...because of more money to buy plugins..? :D
djscorb
KVRist

Postby djscorb; Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:26 am Re: SPL TwinTube, your opinions

Haha!

Yes actually. I gave up for two years and decided to spend the money I saved on studio upgrades and plugins.

In those two years alone I managed to aquire pretty much everything on my long term plugin wishlist and also some hardware.

Like an idiot I started again last December but gave up a week ago yesterday.

I don't really need any more plugins anymore so I guess I'll start putting the cash towards either a Dynaudio Sub or some PMCs :)

By the way, anyone thinking of giving up, DO IT. After the first 3 or 4 days it's not so bad. I spent an average of £25 a week on tobacco/papers/filters (not to mention other "smoking" things!). Even one year of that can fund a pretty comprehensive plugin collection!!

Cheers

Scorb
djscorb
KVRist

Postby djscorb; Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:46 am Re: SPL TwinTube, your opinions

To get back on topic, Voxengo Shinechilla looks interesting.

I usually want to generate harmonics to either bass sounds or sounds that are almost pure sines (bells and blips etc). I find that adding some harmonics to these purer tones helps them to cut through more and not have to be set quite so loud in the mix to shine through.

Might give Shinechilla a demo and see how it sounds:

http://www.voxengo.com/product/shinechilla/

Cheers

Scorb
Caine123
KVRAF

Postby Caine123; Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:50 am Re: SPL TwinTube, your opinions

Tjx for the list but is there a plugin like twintube which has both options too? Harmonics & saturation? And one important question. How much or at all are the other plugins different harmoniccontrolwise ? :D
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

7307 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:53 am Re: SPL TwinTube, your opinions

Caine123 wrote:Tjx for the list but is there a plugin like twintube which has both options too? Harmonics & saturation? And one important question. How much or at all are the other plugins different harmoniccontrolwise ? :D

Ever heard of demoing plugins?
djscorb
KVRist

Postby djscorb; Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:55 am Re: SPL TwinTube, your opinions

Melda's Saturator does yes ;)

The voxengo one mentioned above allows harmonics to be added without saturation but also can saturate too, controlled by input level.

Cheers

Scorb

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects