Cubase, 2 questions: a)faders in mixer; b)drum replacement

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I have 2 quesionts, please:

a) is there a way to move/slide faders left and right, in the new mixer? E.g: you have the vox one close to stereo out and you want to put it close to stereo in, via mixer.

b) I've never tried trigger plug ins (e.g: slate). So, is there a difference between using the groove agent for drum replacement vs another trigger plug in? Are they the same thing or two different things?

Thanks

Don't have C7 but consistently people here complain about being unable to move the channels in the mixer so I think you'd do it the same way I do: the mixer reflects the project window. If you want to place a channel in the mixer, do so in the project window.

Groove Agent and a third-party drum library, assuredly, are different things.

Okay.

The question is: do they follow the same 'principle'? Or do the work with different 'technology'?

They all send note-ons to samples. :shrug:

As to difference in use, well, a BFD2 has a whole interface with a mixer and ways to control mic'ing and room sound, Steven Slate does some of this with a Kontakt GUI but there is no virtual mixing board GUI in what I've seen.

BFD3 has some sort of modeling of behavior for a mallets roll on cymbals, and per the way a tom tom's ring damps by certain things a drummer does.

Groove Agent is a drum machine paradigm. I haven't bothered with it, the default sounds do nothing for me at all.

The new mixer can be split into 3 horizontal 'zones'. The center zone can be scrolled if needed to show additional channels, while the left and right zones remain fixed.

Click the Zones tab at the left side of the mixer. From there tracks can be locked to the left or right zone.

There are 3 mixer panels available with independent zone settings for each mixer.
Last edited by Ickky on Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

(duplicate post?)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”