Plugin boutique dev issues [solved]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, when Fabien mentioned they were UK based I checked out where and their business address is in Brighton, where I live.

They are in a very central and expensive part of town so they must be doing alright!

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

djscorb wrote: a) Vendors selling plugins shouldn't be taking traffic away from developers
How and when did they do this ?
They linked to his site.

Plugin Boutique wrote:We thought it would be a good idea to leave a response to this thread to give our view of the scenario presented.

[...]

Best Regards

The Pluginboutique.com Team
http://www.pluginboutique.com
Thank you for the fast reaction.

The main issue I had was the "surprise" aspect of all this. It's not too difficult to contact either Vlad, Herbert or me and simply ask us if it's cool.

The second point was that we already had a similar situation before with the FB comp II, were I clearly expressed my wish to not be listed.

Without login, there is no way for me to see what exactly you are offering. Hosted or not, I do not want third parties to create the impression that any sort of registration is needed to access the plugin.

But I suppose you understand my point.

Ok, mistakes happen, before weekend in particular! Thanks again for taking the time to respond. The case is "solved" for me. @Mod: Maybe it's the right time to close the thread.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

I thought there were a new feature (checkbox) where you can lock your own thread... :wink:

Nevertheless, I still think that commercial plugin shops shouldn't distribute free plugins at all...that's why there are free plugin sites like KVR, Gersic, VST4Free and Bedroomproducer-Blog!

Tricky-Loops wrote:I thought there were a new feature (checkbox) where you can lock your own thread... :wink:

Nevertheless, I still think that commercial plugin shops shouldn't distribute free plugins at all...that's why there are free plugin sites like KVR, Gersic, VST4Free and Bedroomproducer-Blog!
That's definitely a matter of preference. There is no doubt about the fact that the third party audience/shop/hosting can be beneficial to certain "business" models. But it should be done via invitation/opt-in instead of "opt-out harvesting". ;)

We don't want to break the clear communication path we currently have to our users. Delivering updates, hotfixes and offering support is much easier with a single channel (our website/newsletter/FB/etc).
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Return to “Effects”