Control and transform incoming MIDI in Kontakt 5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm looking a way to control and transform incoming MIDI data with a multiscript, like Orange Tree Samples' Mind Control does, but not limited to Kontakt's banks only.

For example, based on a condition (could be a MIDI note dedicated to a keyswitch or a CC's value) I would like to transform the incoming MIDI data, like note transposition, change MIDI channel (the input on MIDI CH# 1 is re-routed to MIDI CH# 7), etc.

Is there any product or Kontakt script available for doing this?

Something like that would be very useful for controlling any library. As I already mentioned, like Mind Control does, but not limited to banks. The problem I see with banks is that you can't see/tweak the standard GUI of the loaded instruments (in the slots).

One interesting option could be Be Wary's TransMIDIfier. But it requires additional routing, it's a separate application, so all add complexity. A Kontakt multiscript would be the best option, IMHO.

Any help, clue, pointers, will be really appreciated.

Thanks! Cheers!

I think Greg did make a special variant of Mind Control that worked via MIDI channels instead program changes (instrument banks). Ask him. :)

Hi, thank you very much for your quick answer. I didn't know that there's a version of Mind Control that outputs to differente MIDI channels, instead of using MIDI program changes/Kontakt banks.

I will contact Orange Tree Samples and ask about it.

Once again, thank you!

Cheers!

Return to “Instruments”