What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Do you ever feel lazy when you don't write huge replies in the forums?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

3669 posts since 3 Jul, 2012

Postby V0RT3X; Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:48 am Do you ever feel lazy when you don't write huge replies in the forums?

I see people on here who will literally write a page long reply.. even more who try to get their points across on a forum in arguments/discussions. Lots of times I want to write a long reply but I often don't and just wait for someone else to pop into the discussion and leave one instead, while I often put a smiley in or what not.

Anyhow I think it's more often than not, good to have those types of people who always jump in with a couple paragraphs. Some of them though I often skip over and will be like "oh it's that guy again" and skip the reply knowing that any attempt to read it will make my head hurt.
KVRAF

4576 posts since 11 Feb, 2005, from Bordeaux France

Postby stanlea; Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:54 am Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't write huge replies in the forums?

:(
You can't always get what you waaaant...
KVRAF

3945 posts since 6 Sep, 2006, from Elk Grove, CA

Postby cryophonik; Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:58 am Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't write huge replies in the forums?

farlukar wrote:no

+1
KVRAF

7539 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:01 am Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't write huge replies in the forums?

V0RT3X wrote:I see people on here who will literally write a page long reply

People? Could be bots :D

The shorter one can get across a meaningful reply, the better.
Ready to pounce
KVRian

1041 posts since 2 Dec, 2008, from Finland

Postby ras.s; Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:10 am Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't write huge replies in the forums?

;-)

I'm guilty of writing a lot. But I'm also guilty of reading a lot. I don't watch TV or movies, but I tend to read a lot, and forums are good for that, lots of different kind of writers. It usually gets better when the characters become more familiar and there's plenty of interesting and well-spoken characters over here at KVR.

I like less that people just quote a wall of text and add an emoticon at the end of it; it doesn't add anything, and only makes one wonder do some of those people have any thoughts of their own. If they do, why don't they speak out. It's like there's a lot of "back patters" at times.
KVRAF

19377 posts since 13 Feb, 2003, from Vancouver, Canada

Postby bduffy; Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:12 am Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't write huge replies in the forums?

I tend to overwrite too, so I try to keep it lean. Also, in a heated discussion, ten people can respond in the time it takes me to type, edit and retype, so I learned to be more direct and to-the-point.
KVRAF

3945 posts since 6 Sep, 2006, from Elk Grove, CA

Postby cryophonik; Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:15 am Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't write huge replies in the forums?

My day job requires me to write long, and very detailed technical (scientific) reports, and I make many of my posts here when I need to take a short break and switch my brain from technical to creative mode. So, I have a tendency to try to keep things brief and to the point when I'm posting on forums. But, sometimes I end up writing long-winded posts anyway.
KVRAF

19188 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:17 am Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't write huge replies in the forums?

I liek pie
KVRAF

6937 posts since 2 Aug, 2005, from Guitar Land, USA

Postby RunBeerRun; Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:54 am Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't write huge replies in the forums?

I've never written a long reply, but will read if it's good.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
KVRAF

4473 posts since 28 May, 2005, from Netherlands

Postby Nielzie; Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:29 am Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't write huge replies in the forums?

In "real life" I'm not a man of too many words, quite straight to the point actually. And English not being my main language doesn't help me either to ramble on in many words and sentences. Oh and a bit lazy too hehe :hihi:
KVRAF

8850 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:48 am Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't write huge replies in the forums?

As a freelancer journalist, I learned to reduce 50 pages of information to 10 pages of information and to further reduce it to one page, and to write a short article with some sentences about it (because I also worked for magazines with a lot of images)...

So I try to be as brief as possible!
KVRAF

3669 posts since 3 Jul, 2012

Postby V0RT3X; Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:53 am Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't write huge replies in the forums?

Tricky-Loops wrote:As a freelancer journalist, I learned to reduce 50 pages of information to 10 pages of information and to further reduce it to one page, and to write a short article with some sentences about it (because I also worked for magazines with a lot of images)...

So I try to be as brief as possible!

I think saying lots with very little is a excellent skill. I like to write this way myself.
KVRAF

1580 posts since 10 Feb, 2007

Postby manducator; Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:55 am Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't write huge replies in the forums?

RunBeerRun wrote:I've never written a long reply, but will read if it's good.

But... you will only know it's good after you finished reading it.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic