What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Control and transform incoming MIDI in Kontakt 5

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

efernan
KVRer

5 posts since 21 Feb, 2005

Postby efernan; Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:53 am Control and transform incoming MIDI in Kontakt 5

Hi,

I'm looking a way to control and transform incoming MIDI data with a multiscript, like Orange Tree Samples' Mind Control does, but not limited to Kontakt's banks only.

For example, based on a condition (could be a MIDI note dedicated to a keyswitch or a CC's value) I would like to transform the incoming MIDI data, like note transposition, change MIDI channel (the input on MIDI CH# 1 is re-routed to MIDI CH# 7), etc.

Is there any product or Kontakt script available for doing this?

Something like that would be very useful for controlling any library. As I already mentioned, like Mind Control does, but not limited to banks. The problem I see with banks is that you can't see/tweak the standard GUI of the loaded instruments (in the slots).

One interesting option could be Be Wary's TransMIDIfier. But it requires additional routing, it's a separate application, so all add complexity. A Kontakt multiscript would be the best option, IMHO.

Any help, clue, pointers, will be really appreciated.

Thanks! Cheers!
EvilDragon
KVRAF

10189 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:03 am Re: Control and transform incoming MIDI in Kontakt 5

I think Greg did make a special variant of Mind Control that worked via MIDI channels instead program changes (instrument banks). Ask him. :)
efernan
KVRer

5 posts since 21 Feb, 2005

Postby efernan; Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:57 am Re: Control and transform incoming MIDI in Kontakt 5

Hi, thank you very much for your quick answer. I didn't know that there's a version of Mind Control that outputs to differente MIDI channels, instead of using MIDI program changes/Kontakt banks.

I will contact Orange Tree Samples and ask about it.

Once again, thank you!

Cheers!

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments