Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That'd be a cool looking guitar if they got rid of the holes.

tapper mike wrote:
werp wrote:That's cured my GAS for a minute.
No it hasn't.
sigh.

What is that?

I remember some company coming up with these aluminum bodies (can't recall the brand or model name) about 10~15 years ago. Honestly I thought they looked too space age / tacky to play in public but I wound't mind one around the house.
Not the Tokai Talbo? Andrew Farris from INXS used to play them. One of his was on ebay..I was tempted but it had never ever been cleaned...looked like it would benefit from a few days in an acid bath..They occasionally come up on ebay.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

ps..I'm absolutely loving the ash bodied strat american deluxe..turned out to be 09, not 08. god it sounds glorious with my line 6 dt50 in Fender twin mode. The Line 6 Variax Fender strat modelling doesn't come close...
typo edit.

One of these is definitely on my drool list...made in new zealand using 3D printing techniques.
the gears move etc...
http://www.odd.org.nz/steampunk.html

Uncle E wrote:
That'd be a cool looking guitar if they got rid of the holes.
That would be a heavy guitar if not for the holes. Very heavy.

Re Steampunk tele. I just saw the video of that with the gears turning.
Way cool.

Re Aluminum tele's I'm really really liking this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hip2YiQCGs
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Man that's gorgeous!
Can't think of a better way to blind an audience....

God I'm hopeless!
Now watching this mint Gibson BFG located 80 klm from home.
3 days left, no other watchers.

Gas is a tough one, but I have to say, that is a geORGEOUS guitar :)

hibidy wrote:Gas is a tough one, but I have to say, that is a geORGEOUS guitar :)
The BFGs aren't to everyone's taste and they don't sound like a traditional Gibson Les Paul..But I already have a Les Paul. I'll see if the Mrs likes it. (she will).

She did like it. Scored, an eBay win.
:D

This weekend I rescued a simple Ovation from a pawn shop. Stumbled upon it by chance in a city I never visit, so it was an unexpected find. The Mrs didn't like it was half plastic, but this is my first pluggable acoustic and I REALLY needed it! Just in time for a small project this summer.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote:This weekend I rescued an Ovation from a pawn shop. The Mrs didn't like it was half plastic, but this is my first pluggable acoustic and I REALLY needed it! Just in time for a small project this summer.
They always roll off of my lap, I hate playing them sitting down.

BertKoor wrote:This weekend I rescued a simple Ovation from a pawn shop. Stumbled upon it by chance in a city I never visit, so it was an unexpected find. The Mrs didn't like it was half plastic, but this is my first pluggable acoustic and I REALLY needed it! Just in time for a small project this summer.
We've got an Ovation double neck here. Dead on "Dead or Alive".

ghettosynth wrote:
BertKoor wrote:This weekend I rescued an Ovation from a pawn shop. The Mrs didn't like it was half plastic, but this is my first pluggable acoustic and I REALLY needed it! Just in time for a small project this summer.
They always roll off of my lap, I hate playing them sitting down.
I use to really dislike ovation but my shallow bowl Ovation is great and sits nice on my lap, plays and sounds great :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

For guitars that slide off when sitting, I use a piece of that grippy material used to increase grip on jar lids. It's also used to keep things in place on shelves in boats..
Forget what it's called but it works a treat. Just place a wide enough strip on yer jeans.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”