What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Just switched from PC to Mac and changed DAW to Logic.

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Armadillosound
KVRian

869 posts since 28 Aug, 2013

Postby Armadillosound; Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:13 pm Just switched from PC to Mac and changed DAW to Logic.

I've just switched to Logic Pro X. I'm new to using both Mac and Logic. I previously used FL and Cubase on PC, so a lot of stuff is relatively familiar. Just wondered if anyone could recommend any good sites regarding Logic. I've found a few useful looking sites and forums courtesy of Google. But I thought i'd ask you guys, in case I have missed some good ones. :)
cryophonik
KVRAF

4037 posts since 6 Sep, 2006, from Elk Grove, CA

Postby cryophonik; Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:49 pm Re: Just switched from PC to Mac and changed DAW to Logic.

Regnas
KVRist

259 posts since 28 Aug, 2013

Postby Regnas; Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:00 pm Re: Just switched from PC to Mac and changed DAW to Logic.

Just switched from PC to Mac...

My condolences.
Armadillosound
KVRian

Postby Armadillosound; Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:11 pm Re: Just switched from PC to Mac and changed DAW to Logic.

cryophonik wrote:http://logic-pro-expert.com

Thanks looks like a really useful site :)
Armadillosound
KVRian

Postby Armadillosound; Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:14 pm Re: Just switched from PC to Mac and changed DAW to Logic.

Regnas wrote:Just switched from PC to Mac...

My condolences.

:hihi:
Very good. I still have a PC, and i'm not into the Mac or PC wars. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. So far i'm really enjoying the Mac though :D
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

10303 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:20 pm Re: Just switched from PC to Mac and changed DAW to Logic.

Check Youtube for 'sflogicninja' - he's created a great series of tutorials for Logic 9 that mostly work for v10 as well.

The Logic Pro Help site / forum is always a good place for info:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/

Lots of nice keyboard shortcuts and other hints here:

http://apple.stackexchange.com/question ... and-tricks

Peace,
Andy.
V0RT3X
KVRAF

4168 posts since 3 Jul, 2012

Postby V0RT3X; Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:20 pm Re: Just switched from PC to Mac and changed DAW to Logic.

I used to use Ableton Live for most of my stuff, but I've decided to jump into learning Logic pro x and it's definitely a different workflow.

Actually on my 15 inch macbook I find myself wishing i had 2 extra monitors.
Having the best tools and technical knowledge isn't gonna do much for you if you don't understand how to make good music.
spaceman
KVRAF

8196 posts since 9 Jan, 2004, from leroyaumeuni

Postby spaceman; Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:36 pm Re: Just switched from PC to Mac and changed DAW to Logic.

Armadillosound wrote:I've just switched to Logic Pro X.

For me, switching to Mac and Logic was the best move I ever made in this music making malarkey. So well done I would say.

Try to get to know your Mac better. Look at apps like Launchbar (not free) or Quicksilver (free). Or simply use Spotlight as a launcher. The built-in Automator can be serious fun as well. I also use TotalFinder, highly recommended.
Last edited by spaceman on Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth
Armadillosound
KVRian

Postby Armadillosound; Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:47 pm Re: Just switched from PC to Mac and changed DAW to Logic.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Check Youtube for 'sflogicninja' - he's created a great series of tutorials for Logic 9 that mostly work for v10 as well.

The Logic Pro Help site / forum is always a good place for info:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/

Lots of nice keyboard shortcuts and other hints here:

http://apple.stackexchange.com/question ... and-tricks

Peace,
Andy.

Cheers Andy some really useful links, much appreciated. My Camel plugins were amongst the first to be installed on my new Mac by the way :wink:
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

10303 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:20 am Re: Just switched from PC to Mac and changed DAW to Logic.

love those shortcut threads, learned a few neat tricks myself. Sweet!

+1 to Quicksilver (some people prefer Alfred) - replace Cmd-Space with Quicksilver and demote Spotlight to Control-Space. Instant launching of apps, clipboard history and other cool stuff.

+1 to TotalFinder (great Finder replacement, some people prefer XtraFinder which is free):

http://best-mac-tips.com/2014/02/07/xtr ... ternative/

Peace,
Andy.
mwalthius
KVRist

55 posts since 23 Feb, 2005, from Chicago, IL, USA

Postby mwalthius; Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:48 am Re: Just switched from PC to Mac and changed DAW to Logic.

I switch from PC/Cakewalk to Mac/Digital Performer ten years ago and have NEVER looked back.

Never. Not once.
http://www.youtube.com/keybdwizrd - 150+ synth demo videos.
27" iMac, DP, Omnisphere, Diva, Zebra, Alchemy, MOTU Ethno 2, Sylenth1
Jupiter-50, Moog LP, Yamaha MOX6, Virus TI Polar, Yamaha U3 Piano
mwalthius
KVRist

55 posts since 23 Feb, 2005, from Chicago, IL, USA

Postby mwalthius; Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:59 am Re: Just switched from PC to Mac and changed DAW to Logic.

V0RT3X wrote:Actually on my 15 inch macbook I find myself wishing i had 2 extra monitors.

It's funny you should mention this. I recently discovered that my iMac is capable of supporting two additional monitors. This is because the Thunderbolt ports are actually compatible with mini displayport cables. So, I had a couple of older, smaller monitors sitting around, and I connected them, and they work!

I believe the current Macbook Pros have two thunderbolt ports... does yours? No doubt the ability to support two extra monitors depends upon the specs of the video card.

http://www.youtube.com/keybdwizrd - 150+ synth demo videos.
27" iMac, DP, Omnisphere, Diva, Zebra, Alchemy, MOTU Ethno 2, Sylenth1
Jupiter-50, Moog LP, Yamaha MOX6, Virus TI Polar, Yamaha U3 Piano
mkdr
KVRian

1334 posts since 5 May, 2007, from Finland

Postby mkdr; Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:08 am Re: Just switched from PC to Mac and changed DAW to Logic.

www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF

1811 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:06 am Re: Just switched from PC to Mac and changed DAW to Logic.

spaceman wrote:
Armadillosound wrote:I've just switched to Logic Pro X.

For me, switching to Mac and Logic was the best move I ever made in this music making malarkey. So well done I would say.

Agreed. Same here. From Sonar to Logic, Windows to Mac. I've been way more productive on the Mac. Way less irritable. :-D
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
Numanoid
KVRAF

8648 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:10 am Re: Just switched from PC to Mac and changed DAW to Logic.

Regnas wrote:Just switched from PC to Mac...

My condolences.

+1
mwalthius wrote:I switch from PC/Cakewalk to Mac/Digital Performer ten years ago and have NEVER looked back.

Never. Not once.

I never even looked at Mac :D
Halb Wesen und halb Ding
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)