Win 8 question

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, new to Win 8.1......does anybody know what's up with this ?

"Windows Modules Install Worker".....constantly accessing the Hard Drive. Windows is updated....no updates available. Not sure why it's running......... :?

Thanks for any help......... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I see that from time to time on Windows 8. Never upgraded....

From looking over the error logs it seems that Win 8 and probably 8.1, and 8.11 or whatever is officially called does a search for updates to drivers.

Short answer? It will run for while if you have the Windows update service set to manual or disabled, as far as I can tell. Also, I have the Background Intelligent Transfer service set to manual....

So it is most likely doing a background search, on boot, looking for updated "Windows Sanctioned" drivers - WMMD ones available from Windows update. It runs for a bit and then it stops...

Hmmmm how long is "a bit" ? Seems to be running as long as I have my laptop on. I just switched automatic updates Off....didn't help so I'll turn them back on. Seems to be tied to the TiWorker process. I don't mind the CPU drain as much as the hard drive activity. Don't remember this happening when I first got the laptop just about a week ago......maybe it was I just didn't notice it. It's done a couple dozen updates since then as expected with any new computer.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

With win 8 and up, it is guesswork for me. Win 8 I can answer, 8.1 (which I tried) and the one after - I cannot say....

Automatic Updates turned off, yes. The Windows Update service itself, set to manual. Background Intelligent Transfer service set to manual. It will settle down after a cold boot or a restart....

The TIworker is the Trusted Installer process....

Stop tinkering and make some music :-)

UltraJv wrote:Stop tinkering and make some music :-)
Stop posting on forums and make some music.............. :wink: :hihi:

anyone can help with scrolling with mouse? i can do it only with touchpad;/

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”