Waves Mercury around 2000$... Good deal?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, with the sale of Waves Mercury bundle this month, since I already have 4 Waves plugins, I could get the upgrade to Mercury for just over 2000$ on Plugindiscounts.

I was wondering if with this kind of bundle, it would be the ultimate package for effects and I would be covered for years to come? It's a lot of money, but it's less than 15$ per plugin for 140 plugins.

Anyone has it? Any comments or recommendations?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

With Waves Mercury, yours, as well as all of your ancestors mixing needs will be covered into the next millenium. Very good investment. If you've got the money, do it. Especially at that price.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

That being said, and this is coming from a non-Waves user... I literally own zero Waves plugins.. $2000 buys you a lot of damn DSP. Don't be seduced by "140 plugins", or whatever it is. If you know what you need/want then maybe it's more like 5-10 waves, a couple of slate, an IK or NI, a voxengo or PSP, or UAD etc. If you don't know what it is you need/want, then by all means ask more questions before talking deals and value... My $.02.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

If i were you i would ask others who own Mercury if they think it's honestly worth it. I know Waves has a ton of expensive gear owning artists who endorse their products, but still I often wonder if some of that is paid endorsement. No doubt waves was a leader when VST was a new thing back in the day, but in this day and age there are lots of good (or better) products out there you can get for way way less.

My advice IF you don't really know much about mixing is to check out the Fabfilter total bundle and see if you like it. Sure the plugins might not look like vintage gear but I think the GUI's are quick to learn and they do sound pretty good.

If you want to a much more advanced mixing setup that goes beyond what you get with fabfilter maybe check out what DMG Audio has to offer.
:borg:

140 plugins. 110 of which you'll probably never use. That is, of course, if you get rid of all your other plugins. Otherwise, that number goes up to about 130. That's just my experience, anyway.

-Sam

masterhiggins wrote:140 plugins. 110 of which you'll probably never use. That is, of course, if you get rid of all your other plugins. Otherwise, that number goes up to about 130. That's just my experience, anyway.

-Sam
Haha, yup. I'll list the Mercury goodies that to me are stand outs:

API collection
CLA collection
Renaissance collection
The H-series
IR1
Kramer collection
L2
NLS
PuigChild
Puigtec
S1 Stereo Imager
Scheps 73
WLM Plus Loudness Meter (if you do broadcast work)

The Manny Marroquin EQ looks interesting but I've never tried it. $2,000 for those plugins isn't too bad of a deal. Really it's an outstanding deal considering Mercury was $13,000 a few years ago, if my memory serves correctly.

I like my current mish-mash of plugins but Renaissance Vox and IR-L are on nearly every mix. With the Mercury collection you'll be set and have pretty much all the mixing tools you'll ever need.

V0RT3X wrote:My advice IF you don't really know much about mixing is to check out the Fabfilter total bundle and see if you like it. Sure the plugins might not look like vintage gear but I think the GUI's are quick to learn and they do sound pretty good.
Yeah, I just got (nearly) all FabFilter plugins, mainly to replace the Waves ones. Don't think it has anything to do with knowing much about mixing or not, these are just very good. I like them better, and I appreciate not having to pay WUP each year.
That being said, Mercury does cover a lot of ground, but it would be wise to make a list for yourself which plugins you actually need/want. I agree with some that there will be a lot of unused ones in there, but exactly how many is entirely up to what you already have and need. Generally though, Waves are good quality plugins.

I can upgrade from what I have for around $500 right now. Tempted myself.

Also here is a 10% off coupon I found http://www.waves.com/lpn/coupons/go-10p ... Ogod6E0A0Q
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

In all honesty it depends if you really need it. With Mercury pretty much all your bases will be covered and you might not need another plugin. With Mercury you can do all your mixing, mastering and sound design work.

It is a lot of plugins. But also it is worth to take note that a lot of plugins there duplicate each other. There are many EQ's and compressors for example, and much less more unique sound design tools.
No signature here!

masterhiggins wrote:140 plugins. 110 of which you'll probably never use.

Pretty much this.

There's a handful of very good plugins in there, but most are very old and entirely replaceable with what's already in your DAW.

masterhiggins wrote:140 plugins. 110 of which you'll probably never use.
Now, that's not true young man. Hell, I use minimum of 70 to 80 of them in every project whether I need them or not, or whether they are active or not. This is so I can get the best value for my money. This just makes perfect sense my good man! :hihi:

What makes these Waves bundles so great, is the fact that you have a very diverse collection of plugins that you can change up depending which way the wind blows or what your particular mood is that day. I really, really enjoy the ability to do that. It never gets stale. Maybe I feel like using the SSL Collection today or how's about some H-EQ on this channel, etc... If you've got the money to spend on it, it's worth it to have a million high quality plugins at your disposal whether you use them all or not. You will one day pull out that plugin that you never use and you will mess around with it and realize that it's one more tool that you can actually use in your productions. It's also a lot of fun learning the differences between them and finding your favorites. In due time most of them will become your favorites. This is just my opinion of course. I understand all others opinions on this matter as well.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Ryan99 wrote:Hi, with the sale of Waves Mercury bundle this month, since I already have 4 Waves plugins, I could get the upgrade to Mercury for just over 2000$ on Plugindiscounts.
Since I already have these Waves plugins/bundles...

Aphex Vintage Aural Exciter, Bass Rider, CLA Classic Compressors, JJP Analog Legends, Kramer HLS, Kramer Master Tape, Kramer PIE, Maserati DRM, Manny Marroquin Delay, MondoMod, NLS, OneKnob Louder, REDD, Renaissance Bass, RS56, Scheps 73, Studio Classics Collection, The King's Microphones, Vitamin, Vocal Rider

... I could upgrade to Mercury for $2007. Or I could buy it from Audio Deluxe for $2167 :?

If I had $2000 to spend on plugins/audio stuff I would definitely buy something from UA. Maybe some nice bundle with UAD-2 card + preamp. And still my mixes would sound like f**king crap...
Last edited by J4R1O on Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I keep pressing the space bar, but I’m still on Earth."

dolby
"I keep pressing the space bar, but I’m still on Earth."

No i don't think it's worth it. Why? In short plenty of old plugins in that bundle. Nothing wrong with them they work but you have plenty of more advanced plugins from other companies.

For 2000$ you can buy a lot of more advanced plugins depending on what you really need - as many mentioned..

J4R1O wrote:
Ryan99 wrote:Hi, with the sale of Waves Mercury bundle this month, since I already have 4 Waves plugins, I could get the upgrade to Mercury for just over 2000$ on Plugindiscounts.
Since I already have these Waves plugins/bundles...

Aphex Vintage Aural Exciter, Bass Rider, CLA Classic Compressors, JJP Analog Legends, Kramer HLS, Kramer Master Tape, Kramer PIE, Maserati DRM, Manny Marroquin Delay, MondoMod, NLS, OneKnob Louder, REDD, Renaissance Bass, RS56, Scheps 73, Studio Classics Collection, The King's Microphones, Vitamin, Vocal Rider

... I could upgrade to Mercury for $2007. Or I could buy it from Audio Deluxe for $2167 :?

If I had $2000 to spend on plugins/audio stuff I would definitely buy something from UA. Maybe some nice bundle with UAD-2 card + preamp. And still my mixes would sound like f**king crap...
I think your upgrade price is not coming from Plugindiscounts. 3 of my 4 Waves plugins are on your list, and my upgrade price is 16$ higher than you...

Return to “Effects”