Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

werp wrote:For guitars that slide off when sitting, I use a piece of that grippy material used to increase grip on jar lids.
Smart! 3M is coming up with amazing innovations these days, we could probably be velcro-ing guitars to our torsos by now.

the worst lap guitar I have is my Jackson Kelly, I have given up playing it in my lap...it stays fine, it's painful on my ribs. The strap pin is on the back of the guitar and that's where it gets me...I may switch it to the top/side like most guitars but still the body shape there does not work with my body sitting down (it really starts to hurt). Also I have to shift my whole body to play above the 12th fret which is odd and hard to explain (my Daion is this way too) I think it's just a mtter of it being shifted a bit too much toward the rear when in my lap...it's also huge, because of the shape I have a hanging stand for it but most of the time it's in it's case (which is also huge). I had my baritone hanging on the stand and that guitar because of the longer neck makes me feel like I'm twelve again because it's big. I took mu Jackson out Friday, and went to hang it on the stand and I had to raise the stand some, it needed to higher than with the baritone...between the long headstock and the long tail it's really more suited for on stage in your face...or just a good excuse to get off my ass :hihi: killer sounding guitar and with the skull mural on it it has a [i[killer[/i] look too...but huge
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Re Ovation.

I had a twelve string (matrix) for years and years. Very sturdy aluminum neck. Not very sturdy top. rather then neck bow I got body bow. Intonation went to crap.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

tapper mike wrote:I had a twelve string (matrix) for years and years. Very sturdy aluminum neck. Not very sturdy top. rather then neck bow I got body bow. Intonation went to crap.
You can only imagine how it is with this double neck. 18 strings pulling there way out of that poorly braced top. No bueno.

This is for sale over here.
It'd just confuse the crap out of me but somebody might want one.
Goliath's big brother perhaps
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Kind of semi-contemplating a Status Graphite Streamline bass. I was briefly flirting with the idea of getting an old Steinberger L2 or XL2, but at that point if one was going to spend $2G on a 30-year-old instrument, why not just get a brand-new one-piece graphite composite bass like the Streamline? One thing I like about the Streamline vs. the Steinbergers is that the Streamline balances better with the strap button being up at the 12th fret. I think if I ordered one, I might be tempted to opt for an MM pickup in the sweet spot instead of the pictured configuration, and maybe a satin finish instead of a gloss poly coat (at least on the back of the neck - I don't like a heavy gloss coat on the back of a neck).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

werp wrote:Image
Amazing! These seems to be custom made, it's not on Agile's website.

Schecter Hellraiser C1 Extreme, red burst satin, model 1887
schecter hellraiser c1 extreme crimson red burst satin model 1887.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hink wrote:Dont know Eric, on FB this guy keeps posting all these pics...check thia out...I see a cowboy saying "howdy partner"...kinda twinkie the kid'ish (as in the mascot for hostess) :hihi:

I think I've found a relative...

:-o

(link if yr interested: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-made-S ... 27e51f5875 :hihi:)

wrong side of the pond :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

you can just see where they cut the horn

When they first came out I thought the Schecter C-1 was an amazing guitar for the price point. I talked a buddy of mine into buying the hollow body version.

PsYcHo SaMuRai wrote:When they first came out I thought the Schecter C-1 was an amazing guitar for the price point. I talked a buddy of mine into buying the hollow body version.
do you still like it? I ask because way back in the day (22 or 23 years old) I fell in love with Tusc amps, I was saving and saving but I had one of these friends that had to be the first with everything and he beat me to it and bought a head and 2 2x12 cabs...I did end up buying a Tusc 2x12 then (it had Fanes and was a nice 2x12) but I really could not find a sound I cared for with his amp so my Tusc 2x12 sat beneath a Dean Markley head, two different Ampegs (V4 and a B25), a Plexi and a Boogie...but I never bought a Tusc amp and as I recall my friend didn't keep his very long...I always felt bad about that

For an off the shelf guitar it's still good for the price range. The action and setup on the last few I've played haven't seemed to be as nice as when I helped my buddy get his C-1 back in... 1999ish? :shrug:

After many poor attempts and mistake after mistake, I feel I am finally able to build a guitar that rivals any major manufacturer with the specs I want. Of course, I then have to try new ideas which come with new sets of problems and mistakes. Then, there's keeping all the tools running, buying consumable supplies like sandpaper, drill bits, dye, finish, etc.
I just had a router bit bearing fly apart on me while I was routing a neck pocket. No injury to my body but the bass body is toast and so is the pair of shorts I was wearing. :o :x

PsYcHo SaMuRai wrote:

After many poor attempts and mistake after mistake, I feel I am finally able to build a guitar that rivals any major manufacturer with the specs I want.
:tu:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”