Akai Rhythm Wolf

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Will be interesting to see what this sounds like, but the specs and price are looking very tasty!

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2014/ ... with-howl/

So has anyone heard a working unit yet? Still can't find any audio demos on the net.

dcfac73 wrote:So has anyone heard a working unit yet? Still can't find any audio demos on the net.
Gearslutz seem to think it's not even real, and was simply to divert attention away from the TR8.
No my opinion, mind.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

:hihi: diversionware ...

thecontrolcentre wrote::hihi: diversionware ...
:clap:

Great term.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

dcfac73 wrote:So has anyone heard a working unit yet? Still can't find any audio demos on the net.
There was an alleged sound demo on SoundCloud ...but that's since been dismissed as a hoax.

If I remember right, Akai had a hardware unit at Musikmesse, but they told booth visitors that it had an electrical problem the night before the expo, so they weren't able to demonstrate it.

If there is a real hardware prototype of the Rhythm Wolf somewhere, it doesn't appear that anyone outside of Akai has heard it.

I know someone who actually emailed Akai Sales a few weeks ago to ask when it would be released- they replied that it would be sometime in June. He just contacted them again last week and they changed their release date to "fall 2014."

I personally don't believe the demo unit at Messe was a real prototype at all, and they've just been gauging interest since the announcement. They're probably reading this thread right now. *waves* Hey guys!

A drum machine conspiracy theory?

I asked my local music equipment shop, and they said it should be out in August. So if Akai are lying to the public, they're also lying to their retailers as well. Unlikely methinks.

Im personally hoping it will be something like a 909.

PS- I wouldn't get it if that audio demo was genuine.

dcfac73 wrote:I asked my local music equipment shop, and they said it should be out in August. So if Akai are lying to the public, they're also lying to their retailers as well. Unlikely methinks.
Don't say "methinks."

Anyway, "lying" is strong language. They'd hardly be the first company to proclaim an over-optimistic ship date, and they wouldn't be the first to have a mocked-up trade show demo, if it was in fact a mock-up.

Like you, I eagerly await its release, and hope it's sooner rather than later. :pray:

he's got a point and methinks you're being a little hostile with the thought policing

deleted
Last edited by dcfac73 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

UltimateOutsider wrote:
dcfac73 wrote:I asked my local music equipment shop, and they said it should be out in August. So if Akai are lying to the public, they're also lying to their retailers as well. Unlikely methinks.
Don't say "methinks"?

Anyway, "lying" is strong language. They'd hardly be the first company to proclaim an over-optimistic ship date, and they wouldn't be the first to have a mocked-up trade show demo, if it was in fact a mock-up.

Like you, I eagerly await its release, and hope it's sooner rather than later. :pray:
Why shouldn't I say "methinks"

So you're saying that not having any working prototypes and displaying one in a trade show claiming it was defective is not lying?

And I didn't say they were lying, I was saying what "if" they were lying.

Talking of conspiracy; did you know some people believe the moon is a holographic projection !?!?!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Talking of conspiracy; did you know some people believe the moon is a holographic projection !?!?!
Some people believe in the Bible too.

I just got home and saw the Sweetwater Gear Mag was sent to me. Paging through it, a bigger ad for Rhythm Wolf was on the top with a "new in 2014". This led me to believe it was new, but I guess it's not out yet :(.

For the price, I'm not expecting much though.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”