The Guitar Show (Show yours)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sweet!
Now I don't feel as weird using my palm on the tremolo for vibrato, at least on a 2 point floating bridge (doesn't work well on the 6 point MiM Strat).
That guy on percussion playing the tambourine looks familiar. Did he play with Eric Clapton at some point?
Sorry, for getting a bit off-topic.

PsYcHo SaMuRai wrote:Sweet!
Now I don't feel as weird using my palm on the tremolo for vibrato, at least on a 2 point floating bridge (doesn't work well on the 6 point MiM Strat).
That guy on percussion playing the tambourine looks familiar. Did he play with Eric Clapton at some point?
Sorry, for getting a bit off-topic.
you have some nice guitars and I love your project, have you been to the DIY forum here...we would love to have you share your build :)

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=180
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

No, I didn't know about the DIY forum. Thanks!
Going to check it out now.

PsYcHo SaMuRai wrote:I set my guitars up to get the best intonation I can then deal with it.
It bothers me more on acoustic pieces where I use alternate tunings and a partial capo. For now, I have a Martin DX-1 with K&K mini system I installed.
I've had a G&L S-500 Leo Fender signed guitar since around '91ish. I love it but lately, I've been using my own stuff or for bashing around on, I use a modded alder body/ rosewood FB MiM Strat that actually sounds pretty good with Vintage Noiseless p/u.

My nylon piezo

My current projects:
1st one is a mahogany/ flame maple body with hardware installed to check alignment. Second one is obviously just a blank alder body.
I've never seen a bridge like the one on the alder body. Did you have that custom designed?

It's a Hipshot Babygrand on the alder/ flame maple.
I wanted to try the look with this Les Paul/Tele/PRS carve inspired body shape. The bridge post holes are slotted with intonation screws in the back so you can rough in the intonation before adjusting each saddle. Intonation isn't set in that pic though.
It's a decent bridge but my only gripe is that when I do any palm muting the saddle pieces sit up just a little too high for comfort.
Looks like they now have the option of Graphtech saddles. They look rounded and smoother. They would probably make this guitar's attack a little too sharp/brittle for me.
http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.p ... tail&p=331
Last edited by PsYcHo SaMuRai on Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Uncle E wrote:I just picked up a PRS KL380. I've been after it for almost 3 years, there were only 100 made and it does pretty much everything I've ever wanted from a guitar:

Update: after swapping the Seymour Duncan P90's for Kent Armstrong noiseless Stealth 90's, this is pretty close to being my perfect guitar. The sound of those pickups combined with the korina body is bright and chimy while still being bigger and fuller sounding than a strat. The volume pot has the poorly designed single capacitor (no resistor) treble bleed, which I actually like because it serves as a high pass, thus I can reduce some of that fullness by turning the volume down to 7 or 8. Likewise, I can turn the volume up and turn the tone down to 5 to get a bigger and mellower Les Paul Custom tone. The PRS custom switch's #3 position combines the bridge and neck. I think the only way I could like this guitar better is if the #2 (bridge+middle) position were in series.

^ dead sexy

enjoy !
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

And playing it all weekend for hours at a time has reminded me why I started playing bass in the first place. I enjoy the guitar, and it's a lot of fun, but the bass simply speaks to me in a way other instruments don't. I love my EWI, my guitars, my synths, my sequencers/DAWs, but when I look up and don't know where the last four hours went, that's something special.

I'm going to be installing a Mike Pope Flex Core preamp (and swapping the pickup positions, for some reason Ibanez puts the bridge in the neck and vice versa), and after that some Reed James Neo pickups.
Meh.

6 string bass FTW!

And with a string spacing of 14mm the neck almost feels like a 5 string :D It's an Ibanez GVB36; I feel a little dirty buying a signature anything, but I didn't know who he was when I discovered it. And since it's probably the only production 6-string I can actually play (seriously have a just barely 3" middle finger o.O) comfortably, I tell myself it's okay >.>
Meh.

My Wife's Ibanez that I've more or less confiscated.

BTB be!

just brought this home. :D
3 hours playtime, 07 Gibson BFG. 60 watchers, 2 bidders. Scored for $820 AUD
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

werp wrote:just brought this home. :D
3 hours playtime, 07 Gibson BFG. 60 watchers, 2 bidders. Scored for $820 AUD
You are a terrible human being.

Er, I mean nice score! :D
Meh.

Very nice

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”