Realivox Blue - Vocal Sample Instrument Released! And . . . On Sale!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Realivox Blue

olja wrote:Maybe a stupid question.. but if I get the Kontakt player version now will I get the exact same library as the Kontakt 5 version and be able to use the samples in the same way when I get Kontakt 5 later? (On Kontakt 4 now and waiting for next Komplete release).
Mike's got a contact form on the Blue page of the Realitone site where you might ask him about it in case he misses your question in this thread. He'll probably respond here, though.

OK! Finally got around to this... I have Blue set up in Poly mode, 3 voices active. I play one note and then the repeat key and get this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104 ... raping.mp3

Clearly, it's not really another sample, just a lot of voices playing different notes at the same time, like all the keys of the piano being played at the same time. It only happens if 2 or 3 voices are active. I can repro this 100%. FYI....

I've got the Ladies and I'm quite interested in this.

Any examples of Blue blended with real singers to create background vocals?? That's what I'm wanting to try.
Cap'n Spanky
From the Planet Screwball

Seems that Mike was so shocked that I reminded him of the "Tequila" song that he has left the building and doesn't answer no more... :oops: :hihi:

dredd i knight wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:
Mike Greene wrote:"Tequila?" And "Latin Alliance?" Is that just coincidence, or do I know you? 8)
You told about the "Tequila" song production several times in threads about sampling, so I connect your name always with the A.L.T "Tequila" cover which I liked much back in da days! 8)
What, Mike produced Latin Alliance? I've got a couple of 12's of theirs....
Tricky-Loops wrote:Seems that Mike was so shocked that I reminded him of the "Tequila" song that he has left the building and doesn't answer no more... :oops: :hihi:
Nah, it will take a lot more than that to scare away an attention whore like me! :D

I did most of the ALT album, but I think only one or two songs on the Latin Alliance album, although I did a couple of the remixes as well. Those were fun times. Almost no money, but fun.

Breeze wrote:OK! Finally got around to this... I have Blue set up in Poly mode, 3 voices active. I play one note and then the repeat key and get this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104 ... raping.mp3

Clearly, it's not really another sample, just a lot of voices playing different notes at the same time, like all the keys of the piano being played at the same time. It only happens if 2 or 3 voices are active. I can repro this 100%. FYI....
Yeah, that basically sounds like all the notes playing at once. Yikes! It's definitely a bug and I'm pretty sure I know how it can be fixed. (In my case, it only plays one note, which is odd that it's not the same as you and Jim, but either way, the fix is the same.)

Give me a week or two on this one, because I'm also hoping to add some other features people have been requesting. (Aside from the Back Space key which is already implemented now.)

olja wrote:Maybe a stupid question.. but if I get the Kontakt player version now will I get the exact same library as the Kontakt 5 version and be able to use the samples in the same way when I get Kontakt 5 later? (On Kontakt 4 now and waiting for next Komplete release).
Not a stupid question at all. A lot of people have asked the same thing.

The Player and non-Player versions are both the same samples and functionality. The Kontakt Player version adds two features:
1. Ability to work in the free Kontakt Player
2. Ability to be loaded in the sidebar "Libraries" tab.

Because of feature 2 ("Libraries" tab ability,) many people with the full version of Kontakt 5 still opt for the Kontakt Player version, just because they like the Libraries tab. (Most don't, because they're tightwads like me. But many do.) Other than having to go through the registration process, there is no downside to the Kontakt Player version. It will work perfectly whenever you get the full version of Kontakt as well.

Even if some bizarre change happened at Native Instruments where it didn't, then I would just give you the other version for free. So you're covered no matter what. I don't want anyone to ever get burned in a "Gotcha! You bought the wrong version!" situation.

Also, if anyone bought the cheaper "Full Kontakt" version but now wishes they had the Kontakt Player version, send me an email and I'll give you a coupon so you can just pay the $15 difference (which is less than what Native Instruments charges us) and you'll get the KPlayer version.
Last edited by Mike Greene on Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey Mike,

I can understand why you wouldn't have audio examples of Blue mixed with real singers for background vocals. But do you think this could work well? Assuming, of course, that Blue was used judiciously.
Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky wrote:Hey Mike,

I can understand why you wouldn't have audio examples of Blue mixed with real singers for background vocals. But do you think this could work well? Assuming, of course, that Blue was used judiciously.
I have an example I want to post where there's a male lead with Blue doing "oo" backgrounds, but it will be several days before I can post it. (I don't have the ProTools session here.)

She can certainly do backgrounds (probably the main thing I use any of the Realivox Ladies for), although of course, her voice is her voice. In other words, she's going to do soft oohs and ah's, as opposed to belting them out.

Mike Greene wrote:
Cap'n Spanky wrote:Hey Mike,

I have an example I want to post where there's a male lead with Blue doing "oo" backgrounds, but it will be several days before I can post it. (I don't have the ProTools session here.)

She can certainly do backgrounds (probably the main thing I use any of the Realivox Ladies for), although of course, her voice is her voice. In other words, she's going to do soft oohs and ah's, as opposed to belting them out.
Cool. I look forward to the demo. Thanks, Mike!

I understand that there are limitations (I have the Ladies). I'm hoping I can use the word builder to go just a little ways beyond oohs and ahs and create a few simple phrases, blended with real singers. It would all be very subtle background stuff.
Cap'n Spanky

Used her for a little demo I made.
https://soundcloud.com/bigcat1969/hallelujah-chorus

One thing I'm noticing and understanding my difficulty with phrase legato, if you pause for even a moment with phrase legato on, the phrase starts over.

So the first set of words is OK, but the second set with a little more spacing is gibberish.
https://soundcloud.com/bigcat1969/ate-l ... let-phrase

Soooo . . . how come you didn't put consonants in Hallelujah? That's a song she could sing really well, since the word builder lends itself well to that lyric.

In your "Ate locate ballet" phrase, I think that even in the first half, you might still have a couple disconnected spots. Also, in "ballet," type the word as "bah leh" rather than "bahl eh." Whenever possible, you want consonants at the start of syllables, rather than at the end of a previous syllable. It will sound much smoother that way.

Musical Gym wrote:...Ends in one week, June 10.
Thanks pal I gave in I managed to sell my mandolin :)
regards
Josiah

Thanks interesting on the constants. I'll rework ballet, I knew something was wrong there.
When I get a bit more time, I'll add in some consonants. If anyone has a mind try the organ and give me some thoughts on what stops to use for the Hallelujah Chorus, I couldn't seem to get the right combo. With a better organ combo and consonants that might be a nice piece of music.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”