What Synthesizer do you recommend?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

first of all I want to say, that I am a beginner.
I just have worked with FL Studio and it's vsti plugins.

Now I want to buy a synthesizer plugin.
Since I am a noob the synthesizer should be user-friendly and with a lot of presets.
Moreover I don't have much money so it should be about 100€.
Last but not least I mainly do pop music.

So what synthesizer could you recommend me?

I'm looking forward to your recommendations.
Thanks in advance :)

Hi,

There are so many to choose from that are great these days but if I was to just recommend one it would be Camel Audio Alchemy.
I know it is £170 from the store but you will find plenty in the market place for about £80.
It is really worth checking out.
Shameful plug :oops: but I am selling Alchemy for £79 at the moment. :wink:
Anyway,let the bombardment of recommendations commence :D
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

You're gonna end up with a huge list here as everyone suggests their fave synth ... but anyway at that price point I suggest Synthmaster http://www.kv331audio.com/

:)

Thanks for your recommendations so far.
It would be nice if you could explain in some sentences why you recommend it.

marioschluse wrote: Now I want to buy a synthesizer plugin.
Since I am a noob the synthesizer should be user-friendly and with a lot of presets.
Moreover I don't have much money so it should be about 100€.
Last but not least I mainly do pop music.
Looks like Sylenth1 would match your criterias. Easy to use, very straight forward and offers loads of presets, especially for EDM style music. It's a little bit more expensive though with 139€. Not sure if you can create every single sound you need with it though. "Pop music" is also a bit general.

Oh, and don't miss the excellent Dune LE/BE, which also goes into the Sylenth direction, for free: http://beatdrive.de/?t=plugins&id=8 Maybe it already suits you, and you don't have to spend money.

I would recommend to you looking at Synapse DUNE 2 or Reveal Spire. Both awesome sounding, easy to use, bread-and-butter kind of synths.

Yorrrrrr wrote:I would recommend to you looking at Synapse DUNE 2 or Reveal Spire. Both awesome sounding, easy to use, bread-and-butter kind of synths.
+1 for both, though I'd choose DUNE 2 over Spire ATM.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

marioschluse wrote:It would be nice if you could explain in some sentences why you recommend it.
It would probably be more helpful if you could provide a few more sentences and examples of what you're looking for and what style of music you're doing. What is "pop music" - Michael Jackson? Coldplay? Rihanna? Madonna? Skrillex? Help us narrow it down; otherwise, as others have mentioned above, all you're going to get is a giant laundry list of everybody's favorite synth.

What do you like/dislike about the synths you've been using? That would be a great place to start.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Are you looking for a synth that sounds like a synth or a synth that will play samples and sounds like other instruments? If the former, take a look at the player version of Rob Papen's Predator. It's a Sweetwater exclusive for US$60 that has limited editing capability, but is otherwise Predator with 4400 presets.

Rob Papen Predator-PL Analog-style Virtual Synthesizer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpre-GlzbY8

Honestly, FL have some amazing synths.
I've never had to buy a thirdparty plugin, because the stockplugins cover up so much of the different techniques (not everything of course, but a lot).

So before you spend money on thirdparty synths, give your stocksynths another chance, they can do more than you think.
And if you're not happy with the presets, I'm pretty sure you can find free soundpacks to them.
Doing this might save you a bunch of cash.

When I started out with synths, I worked with Harmor, it has a very easy interface, and it was easy to progress in synthesis with it.
Otherwise you have stocksynths such as Harmless (the lighter version of Harmor), Sawer, Poizone, etc.
And eventually as you progress, you can start experimenting with Toxic Biohazard and Sytrus, as well as more advanced features o Harmor (Harmor and Sytrus are my favourites).

Ive read your post. Very cool.

Ill agree with Dune Synth. Easy to use from the looks of it. From the demo I heard it seems it would be good for pop.

Synthmaster has a lot of small buttons. Its presets are quite EDM oriented. I suggest buying a small version and then purchasing a specific "pack" later.

Sylenth1 is mostly and EDM synth, but is great to learn on. Really good easy to get results here.

Check out UVI synths. You can watch their demos to see how simple some of their synths are.

I suggest using something like KXx_FREE synths. And watching tutorials on things such as what an LFO is. and ADSR. a FILTER. CROSSOVER FILTER. PITCH. All of these things will need to be researched on Wikipedia in order to use KXX_free synths. but the new KXX_frees you can find are even easier to use.

WHAT DAW ARE YOU USING? AND WHAT STYLE POP?
Ableton Live 8 Suite 64 Bit, Sylenth1 64 Bit,Rapture, Zeta+2,Synthmaster, Dimenison Pro, Mo' Phatt. and Waves plugs.
DELL i-3770 3.9ghz, 12GB RAM, INTEL SSD,
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
TC ELECTRONIC impact twin 64 Bit
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

I'd definitely go with Massive, Dune2, or Spire.

cryophonik wrote:It would probably be more helpful if you could provide a few more sentences and examples of what you're looking for and what style of music you're doing. What is "pop music" - Michael Jackson? Coldplay? Rihanna? Madonna? Skrillex? Help us narrow it down; otherwise, as others have mentioned above, all you're going to get is a giant laundry list of everybody's favorite synth.
Agreed. Personally, I can't understand most of the recommendations made so far but perhaps pop music is much more synth driven where you guys are.

Another +1 for dune 2

Hey,

I was in a similar position as you a few years ago, but I had used freeware a little

You should get synth1 or crystal. It'd be good to try to learn one of the better free ones and demo the stuff that you have to buy.

It's really easy to buy a lot of different synths and not really learn them, and some of the free vsts are really powerful.

Take a look at these links to see some of the top free synths.

http://www.kvraudio.com/ratings.php
http://www.kvraudio.com/plugin-ranks.php

If you are set on buying something dune is pretty good. Try to get Dune beats or computer music because they have all the functionality of the full dune but are missing some of the presets.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”