One-Synth-Challenge 63: VOPM (Ended)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VOPM

Voted.

Two annotations:
@BJ - The new voting form makes voting a bliss. Thanks.

@All - There are two standout tracks for me this month. To those two I gave five and four points. So there was only one to three points left for the others, meaning three is fairly well done and even one doesn't stand for 'loser'.

You all did so well compared to RuediRena giving up on such complicated things as VOPMs. :clap: :hail: :hail:

Voted!
Good luck all!

I have greatly enjoyed listening to everybody's tracks, and have now voted!

Andy

Thanks to Animehaus I had the wrong voting deadline - it's June 15th.

Good Luck everyone! I'm going to join the Comments party pretty soon and listen :party: :party: :party: :party:

Voted!!!!!

This one was hard to judge given there's a wide variety of tracks/genres - which is not surprising given the synth! I could not decide between 4 tracks, so they all were "oil give it foive" (for those who remember Thank Your Lucky Stars).

I was then torn between 12 tracks which ended up 6 at 4 and 6 at 3 (more on a personal taste rather than just music/production skills). Those left were split between 2 and 1 - more because they were not my scene or maybe I didn't understand them. But hey, it's all down to subjective judegment eh?

Well done everyone. This WAS really a challenge to embrace and you all did so brilliantly.

See you all again soon - maybe give you some more cheese? Or maybe not? We'll see.

Cheers

Rob

Voted.

Not sure how well my reviews were taken last month, so I decided against it this time. However, would love to leave a comment for 2 tracks.

J.Ruegg - Amazing again. Your songwriting skill is top notch. Your tracks touches my heart. It's like a story telling, I don't know how to explain it. One complain though, you need make your track little louder next time.
Photonic - I love this room service, I will order again and again ;-). On a serious note, your tracks also have that structure that only a skilled songwriter can create.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Voted

I went from the basis that all tracks start at '3' for average, reserving '1' and '5' for 'bad' and 'excellent', respectiviely.
I gave out no 1's (except, as required, my own track) and four 5's
Some great tracks in here. Real talent showing through with such a mediocre synth as VOPM.

I don't usually comment on people's tracks. However, I did jot down some comments as I listened (again) to all the tracks today. .. I'll post some of them to the individual tracks on Soundcloud. Please don't be offended if I don't say something on your track. Also, please don't be offended if I don't reply to comments made on my track.
Like I said, it's just not something I generally do.
Great job everyone!! :party: :hug: :clap:

NOW THEN!! Off to work with Swierk!! (which I've already been exploring for several days)

@bjporter - Thanks for the voting deadline correction. I was wondering about that and was going to ask. :D

satYatunes wrote:Voted.

Not sure how well my reviews were taken last month, so I decided against it this time. However, would love to leave a comment for 2 tracks.

J.Ruegg - Amazing again. Your songwriting skill is top notch. Your tracks touches my heart. It's like a story telling, I don't know how to explain it. One complain though, you need make your track little louder next time.
Photonic - I love this room service, I will order again and again ;-). On a serious note, your tracks also have that structure that only a skilled songwriter can create.
I just want to :hug: you for this comment :!:
And I totaly agree with your comment for J.Ruegg. He is also one of my top favorits this month.
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Voted.

J and X - get on a label or something already, will ya!?!

and O : great stuff.

I'm always amazed with what everyone can do with one synth. It makes those synthA sounds so much better than synthB forum discussion so silly. (Or those "I have Komplete, Zebra and DCAM. Should I get Synth X?" ones).

satYatunes wrote: J.Ruegg - Amazing again. Your songwriting skill is top notch. Your tracks touches my heart. It's like a story telling, I don't know how to explain it. One complain though, you need make your track little louder next time.
Thank you!!! :love:

And about make it louder... I Have made it louder as possible (Without clipping), I have tryed to use a limiter or a compressor but it hasn't sound soo good... I need to train dynamics a bit more :) .

Edit: Deleted.

bh9090 wrote:Voted.

J and X - get on a label or something already, will ya!?!
Who the hell is X? Do you mean Z, although I'm pretty sure J-Z is already on a label? (Sry ...couldn't resist)
bh9090 wrote:I'm always amazed with what everyone can do with one synth. It makes those synthA sounds so much better than synthB forum discussion so silly. (Or those "I have Komplete, Zebra and DCAM. Should I get Synth X?" ones).
Ab-so-lute-ly :clap:

I have listened to nearly all the tracks and all I can say is that it is truly another epic month in OSC. :tu:

artao wrote: I don't usually comment on people's tracks. However, I did jot down some comments as I listened (again) to all the tracks today. .. I'll post some of them to the individual tracks on Soundcloud.
There is a relatively neat and easy way to do this on SC. First, just a one-word comment or smiley or whatever and then reply to your own comment with the longer review/critique. That way the person will see the full text in their activity alerts with minimal impact on the time-line.

You could even say CC (Constructive Criticism) or similar. :wink:

Prize change :) Leap into the Void's prize is now:

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy
Last edited by bjporter on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DELETED
Last edited by marks-a-whybikky on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”