Sonokinetic RELEASES "Grosso" Grandiose Orchestral Sampling [intro price ends 1st July 23:59 CET]

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Grosso

:tu:

Thanks!

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Some of you have been emailing asking about the Grosso release date. We thought it time to update all of you on the current situation.

Grosso is coming, and it’s coming soon. The only thing holding us back now is Native Instruments encryption. The guys at NI have ensured us they are doing everything in their power to get Grosso out into the wild, but they have been running into some unforeseen difficulties.

We are all ready to go on our end, and very eager to release Grosso. We have never been more proud of a product than we are of this one. There is nothing we can do from our end to speed up the process. Please bear with us for a little longer, and thank you for understanding.

The Sonokinetic Team

I havent bought any sonokinetic produxcts, but man they are by far the most tempting orchestrakl related libraries out there. This new one seems a sure shot winnner too.

Wish you guys had a sale sometime...or developed your own player to bring down the cost.

muslimpunk wrote:Wish you guys had a sale sometime...or developed your own player to bring down the cost.
They are already extremely affordable compared to most other orchestral libraries, so...

Developing their own player won't happen, I'm pretty sure. Kontakt is an established platform with the widest userbase.

EvilDragon wrote:
muslimpunk wrote:Wish you guys had a sale sometime...or developed your own player to bring down the cost.
They are already extremely affordable compared to most other orchestral libraries, so...

Developing their own player won't happen, I'm pretty sure. Kontakt is an established platform with the widest userbase.

Hey ED its just a suggestion. Just to let them know that there is segment in the market that feels this way...Might be another sale sometime ?

200 euro is definitely outta my range....

And you know how much i love kontakt ( not )... :)

But sonokinetic stuff looks like the bee's knee's. and i hope to at least buy one someday

Sonokinetic does at least two sales a year - Summer and Xmas. Both are 30-40% off. Summer one is around late July - early August

200€ is an extremely fine price when you consider how much renting an actual orchestra costs ;)

Vovique wrote:Sonokinetic does at least two sales a year - Summer and Xmas. Both are 30-40% off. Summer one is around late July - early August

Thanks for the heads up. I look forward to it.

EvilDragon wrote:200€ is an extremely fine price when you consider how much renting an actual orchestra costs ;)
You are right, its a HUGE effort and investment on all fronts.

Yes its a fine price. And kontakt is a fine player. Everything is fine.

However, I will wait for a sale, at least on the first couple (hopefully Tutti and Minimal)....

muslimpunk wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:

Hey ED its just a suggestion. Just to let them know that there is segment in the market that feels this way...Might be another sale sometime ?

200 euro is definitely outta my range....

And you know how much i love kontakt ( not )... :)

But sonokinetic stuff looks like the bee's knee's. and i hope to at least buy one someday
I understand what you're saying muslimpunk, about the price issue. I felt the same way and had the same issues. I waited for their sale to take the plunge (and then went berserk! :hihi:)

After finally having spent the money for their orchestral libraries I will say without doubt, one of the best investments I have made.

To expand what Evil Dragon has said - not a bad price considering what you get.

Top quality sound libraries to say the least! I think you will not be disappointed (Kontakt or not).

The content is really great too. I love their phrase libraries the most but Da Capo is fabulous.

If this new library is anything like the others (and I read it is better :D) I can't wait for it to arrive. :tu:

Although Sonokinetic rarely offers a discount price I am hopeful I don't have to wait for the Christmas sale again :hihi: (Hint, Hint Sono guys :D)

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

When I was your age we had VSL Symphonic Cube… and if you couldn't afford the 2000EUR for the "cutdown" standard version then you made due with GM soundfonts. :lol:
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Get off my lawn !

:D

Short film featuring Grosso with music composed by Ivan Torrent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7CIsjgEYnE

Grosso is the best instrument we have produced to date. Period.

With Grosso, Sonokinetic BV is changing the paradigm for orchestral phrase-based instruments… again!

Before our Minimal library, the level of control, whilst retaining the authentic sound that live recordings bring to the party, was unheard of. We have gotten so much positive feedback on Minimal that a ‘sequel’ was unavoidable. Mere sequels is not what we do though at Sonokinetic, so if you look at what Grosso brings to the table, you will see an evolved entity that is a homo-sapiens to Minimal’s homo-erectus.

We have conceived this instrument from the ground up, using parts of the Minimal engine and re-imagining many other things to accommodate for the added flexibility Grosso brings to the table.

The main difference, apart from the obviously upbeat nature of the recorded material and the addition of a choir part and a taiko and non-melodic percussion section, is that we split out the orchestral sections into more parts. Strings and choir are split in low - mid - high, woodwinds and brass into low and high, percussion into taiko and more traditional orchestral percussion. All of these elements have been carefully composed to work well with all of the others, resulting in millions of possible combinations of sounds.

To top off the collection we have added a ‘transition builder’ instrument that is aimed at gluing parts together, and building up towards climaxes. It includes brass and woodwind crescendo chords, and recognises different chord types, like diminished, augmented and dominant 7th. Chords are constructed on the spot from a collection of recorded intervals. This builder instrument also contains percussion and taiko fills, and a fully playable multi-sampled taiko ensemble patch, both as an ensemble and individual drums. Please look at the video to see its capabilities in action.

Content

16 Bit version 12 Gb sample pool, 36000+ samples
24 Bit version 23,4 Gb sample pool, 36000+ samples
6 recorded orchestral sections
  • - Strings 52 players
    - Woodwinds 12 players
    - Percussion 6 players
    - Taiko Ensemble 6 players
    - Brass 15 players
    - Choir 40 singers
4 recorded microphone positions
  • - Close
    - Decca tree
    - Wide
    - Balcony (Far)
…and a proprietary stereo ‘Tutti’ mix for the ‘lite’ instrument

Individual section controls include
  • - Volume
    - Pan
    - Rhythmic Shift double/half/ITM
    - Harmonic Shift
    - Crossfade adjustments
Custom designed interface with score display
Time Machine Pro capability
Custom chord recognition and Harmonic Shift capabilities
‘Intelligent’ Purging system
Native Instruments Kontakt Player Library license
Royalty and copyright free content license
Grosso Reference document (PDF)
Artwork: “Grosso” DVD cover. Designed by Sonokinetic BV
All files in 44.1 kHz, 24 Bit and 16 Bit NCW format.
Programmed for Kontakt 5.1 and up

Demos
https://soundcloud.com/sonokinetic/sets/grosso

Tutorials

Overview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqZrTz64gAY

In Detail
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVYdaw3b1ys

Harmonic Shift
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyNNib9_zxU

Transition Builder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-By1UioP7WQ

Tempo Sync
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=del9Z91STMk

DAW Cast - Le Avventura Grosso by Sascha Knorr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwU-WoMbZ-E

Grosso is available now from http://www.sonokinetic.net/grosso/

There is an introductory price of 249.90 Euro for 3 weeks, after which, the regular price will be 299.90 Euro

Thank you all and enjoy!

sonokinetic wrote:Grosso is the best instrument we have produced to date. Period.
Understatement of the year for sure! :D

Should have read "....is the best of the best instruments we have produced....."

WOW! Got the email this morning and went to check it out.

FABULOUS WORK GUYS!

Guess where my paycheck is heading this week :D

Thanks for creating Grosso!
(and Minimal, Da Capo, Vivace, Tutti and all the other fine works of art :tu:)

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

Jaw droppingly awesome ! I take back my words about the price....

Fabulous software.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”