Allomerus - War and Peace

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

War and Peace

John Wegner: Guitar, Synths, Bass and Vocals
Paul Wegner: Drums and Percussion

An uneasy track about an uneasy topic.

Thanks to anyone who gives it a listen...

https://soundcloud.com/a11omerus/war-and-peace-1

Mine Mine Mine It’s all Mine

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
Albert Einstein

“War is a poor chisel to carve out tomorrow.”
Martin Luther King, Jr.
“The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during war.”
Chinese Proverbs

Give it to me I want it now

“The world is full enough of hurts and mischance without wars to multiply them.”

J.R.R. Tolkien

“There was never a good war or a bad peace.”
Benjamin Franklin
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

This contains one of my favourite Paul Wegner drum performances. It's very tight, but it flows very well. The kit sounds great too. I loved the long, sustained guitar notes that appear throughout this track. Good job with the sounds on here - that big bad boom with the sub was great. Listening to this makes it hard to sympathise with Bond villains :wink:

Good work :)

Thanks Tim! I was using my Gibson sb with logic guitar rig called 'Brown Tone' ;) Might have to get the eBow out for a track...
I'll let Paul know about your opinion of the drums on this. It is especially punchy! :)
Bandcamp

:phones: I was listening on earphones when suddenly - Boom!!! :shock: You owe me new eardrums. :help:

Great track. Excellent music. Well chosen quotes.

I found the vocal "Mine Mine Mine" a bit repetitive. Strangely, I loved "Give it to me. I want it now." Go figure. :shrug:

I concur with Tim on the drums - good stuff!

Lovely twists and changes throughout, nice contrasting sounds and textures, fancy pickin'… as always, quite enjoyed this John! 8)
Image Image

Wow, that was really interesting. I wanted the drums to be a bit more upfront or saturated, and I wasn't so keen on the parts with the quotations over the rising figure, but overall I love the bold, fearless creativity present. Great job making 6/4 sound more like 7/4 in places, and I noticed some very slick time changes that blended well.

Yeah, that drummer is great, very precise and energetic :)
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Frantz wrote::phones: I was listening on earphones when suddenly - Boom!!! :shock: You owe me new eardrums. :help:

Great track. Excellent music. Well chosen quotes.

I found the vocal "Mine Mine Mine" a bit repetitive. Strangely, I loved "Give it to me. I want it now." Go figure. :shrug:
Thanks Frantz! Yes, I was torn on whether I should warn listeners about the boom, but war is like that and I wanted the dramatic effect. Sorry about you ears! :?

I was happy with the give it to me as well. :)
Bandcamp

polyslax wrote:I concur with Tim on the drums - good stuff!

Lovely twists and changes throughout, nice contrasting sounds and textures, fancy pickin'… as always, quite enjoyed this John! 8)
Thanks Matt! I'll let Paul know about the drums... :)
Bandcamp

Sendy wrote:Wow, that was really interesting. I wanted the drums to be a bit more upfront or saturated, and I wasn't so keen on the parts with the quotations over the rising figure, but overall I love the bold, fearless creativity present. Great job making 6/4 sound more like 7/4 in places, and I noticed some very slick time changes that blended well.

Yeah, that drummer is great, very precise and energetic :)
Appreciate your comments Sendy! This was one of those tracks where, to be perfectly honest, there are some parts I think could be improved. But you get to a point where it's time to stop. Thanks.

Funny that noone has mentioned the odd synth at the start...

:)
Bandcamp

Cool Tune, somehow I can hear Mr. Zappa making that vocal his own.

Great Stuff!!!!

Hi John,
............................................................... :tu:

All the best
M.

PatchAdamz wrote:Cool Tune, somehow I can hear Mr. Zappa making that vocal his own.

Great Stuff!!!!
Thanks Patch! Love any comparison to Frank! :)
Bandcamp

M.Brösel wrote:Hi John,
............................................................... :tu:

All the best
M.
Thanks M! :)
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”