Modular Piano:
1 (13) VS FM Bell - nativeVS
2 (10) Land Of Bazille - SamBy
2 (10) Rhodedendron - wuh
4 (9) Infected Bellz - Patrick W.
4 (9) Marble Wurlie - 3ee

Giant Bass:
1 (11) Slaptokokken - Paul R.
2 (10) Far Reaches of Deep bass - Alex M.
2 (10) Twin Bass - Mr. Bit
4 (9) CZ Style Bass - Philip B.
5 (8) low evolver - Alliom

Modern Cosmo:

1 (26) Die Landung - Mr. Bit
2 (12) CZ-101 Flute - DohaK
3 (11) backlight pad - Mr. Bit
4 (10) Drunken Master - Mr. Bit
5 (9) Four Pharaoh - wuh

Monster From The Deep, episode 1:

1 (19) Lens Flare - Bronto Scorpio
2 (11) Aurora - Bronto Scorpio
2 (11) Ich bin ein Berliner - pedalsteeldrummer
4 (10) Shadow Complex - Bronto Scorpio
5 (9) Go Ballistic - pedalsteeldrummer

Whenever I had a KVR nickname, I posted a nickname. Otherwise I used the first name and abbreviated the last name.

We will be sending out 50$ vouchers for places 2-5 shortly. NativeVS, Paul R., Mr. Bit and Bronto, please send an email to support at u-he dot come with your desired prize :-)

Cheers,

- Urs

#----

- VOTING -

The first Bazille Patch Competition has entered voting stage! Please download and check out the presets below. They have been stripped of author names etcetera, and the output levels have been balanced a bit.

Bazille PC#1 presets (balanced, anonymized)

Then come back to this thread and list your favourite presets (up to 3) for each of the 4 categories. Please put all your votes into a single post!

Everyone can vote, including the participants. Participants can even vote for their own creations, although this isn't considered good style.

Every voter has the chance to win one of three coupon codes (50$ off any u-he product in our shop).

Voting ends on June 13th, 12:59pm CET

#---

A big, big Thank You goes out to all contributing sound designers! We're thrilled about the participation!

We have taken great care to add your submissions into the right categories, balance the volume, strip author names and initials, make the filenames unique, get rid of preset category prefixes and so on. Should we still have forgotten anything or messed things up - please drop us a note at competitions at u-he dot com!

So awesome patches for sure! ;)

I don't want to win anything, I'm just in for the fun... ;-)

Extremely nice patches. Really hard to decide...

Modular Piano:
1.) Infected Bells Best bells I ever heard. Wow.
2.) Land of Bazille Love how the tone changes and evolves.
3.) Rhodedendron Love the attack, would let it ring longer maybe. Extrapoint for the Name

Giant Bass:
1.) Slaptokokken Wow, I can feel the wire... Extrapoint for the Name ;-)
2.) fm trickster Fun :-)
3.) DubbYaBass Feel the colophony. Could use more work to react more interesting to Velocity

Modern Cosmo:
1.) Die Landung Wohoooo this it huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge :-)
2.) PD Rhythm Weird. I like weird.
3.) CZ-101 Flute I'm a sucker for flutes :-)

Monster from the Deep:
1.) Lensflare A whole movie in a key.
2.) mickey Best Chipmunk simulation ever LOL
3.) Go ballistic Brilliant

Fantastic sound everybody, very inspiring!

Cheers,

Tom
Last edited by ThomasHelzle on Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Modular Piano:
1.) Dreamy Rhodes Piano 1
2.) EP1e
3.) Rhodedendron

Giant Bass:
1.) Acid Bass - just Fun and nice sequencer work
2.) Badzilla
3.) wobble bass (great attack)

Modern Cosmo:
1.) die landing
2.) backlight pad
3.) CZ-101 Flute - could be a 101

Monster from the Deep:
1.) Lensflare
2.) acid 1 (slowly open that mod wheel...)
3.) ich bin Berliner just piped go ballistic for me...

Cant wait for wave 2!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Some good sounds in there, for a mainstream synth. Nothing too new sounding, to me, it keeps crashing Savihost upon preset changing.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Suloo wrote:So awesome patches for sure! ;)
:tu: Fascinating, and plentiful :hyper:

Nice! Some really great stuff in there :)

Cheers
Dennis

Really good stuff. Here is my vote:

Modular Piano:
1) Ballad ePiano
2) Aurypsicon

Giant Bass:
1) Bazbass
2) Bigbass

Modern Cosmo:
1) die landung
2) decide pad

Monster from the Deep:
1) mickey
2) chatter
3) ich bin ein Berliner

ooopsie - I accidentally missed out on 3 patches. I've uploaded a new version with a 2 at the end :oops:

Please download again, and if you change your mind, please edit your vote :-)

Modular Piano:
1) Aurypsicon
2) VS FM Bell
3) organ with mudz

Giant Bass:
1) Acid Bass Line
2) CZ Style Bass
3) BazBass

Modern Cosmo:
1) Die Landung
2) Canes Venatici
3) Drunken Master

Monster from the Deep:
1) Neurovox
2) Lens Flare
3) Kraken Pad Fast
Last edited by firepile on Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There are a lot of great sounds to be found!

I'm confused about one thing. This primarily concerns the first category "The modular piano". The word "realism" was used to describe the category. How much should I consider that when voting? Some of the sounds I really like sound nothing like a piano or a hammered instrument. Can I vote for a synth sound or an organ sound in this category? Are patches to be judged primarily by how well they emulate various hammered instruments?

Stollmeister wrote:There are a lot of great sounds to be found!

I'm confused about one thing. This primarily concerns the first category "The modular piano". The word "realism" was used to describe the category. How much should I consider that when voting? Some of the sounds I really like sound nothing like a piano or a hammered instrument. Can I vote for a synth sound or an organ sound in this category? Are patches to be judged primarily by how well they emulate various hammered instruments?
I guess there's room for interpretation. There are a bunch of amazingly great realistic patches but also some that are a lot of fun despite being less realistic.

From the synth side, "piano" has always been a wide field. We also promoted the idea of a dx-7 style e-piano. That one isn't realistic in itself, but there are some great recreations in there too.

Urs wrote:ooopsie - I accidentally missed out on 3 patches. I've uploaded a new version with a 2 at the end :oops:

Please download again, and if you change your mind, please edit your vote :-)
isn`t that a little unfair? now everybody focuses on those patches?

Hi, Urs.
I just sent an email to the address above but just letting you know that none of my 6 patches I sent in are included in the zip file.

dreammaka wrote:Hi, Urs.
I just sent an email to the address above but just letting you know that none of my 6 patches I sent in are included in the zip file.
Sheesh. They were on my drive, but not in the zip. Can't explain why. Sorry.

I guess next time we'll take a few days more to doublecheck that we have added all patches that were sent to us.

Uploaded the bank again.

Return to “u-he”