What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

best guitar pedal vst(s)?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

sinject
KVRer

16 posts since 30 Dec, 2012

Postby sinject; Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:40 pm best guitar pedal vst(s)?

so recently my search for a high-quality amp sim vst has ended with s-gear 2 being the winner. i'm not here to sing s-gear's praises but it was definitely the best amp sim i've ever used out of guitar rig, amplitube, and others.

so that aside, i'm in need of pedal vsts, distortions and delays namely, as i'm making some pretty distortion-heavy stuff and would love to get some suggestions out there if possible. the thing is i don't really see much dicussion on high quality pedal vsts (emulations of hardware or otherwise) and that makes me wonder if i should even bother and instead just go with actual pedals in use with s-gear.

i'm all ears on this one

Juanjo
KVRian

825 posts since 5 Jan, 2006, from Premià

Postby Juanjo; Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:53 pm

Ignite Amps and TSE have a few nice distortion/overdrive pedal emulations, all of them free:
http://www.tseaudio.com/software.html
http://www.igniteamps.com/en/audio-plug-ins

For delay you could do worse than ValhallaFreqEcho (free) or Dubstation (cheap), not "pedals" per-se but simple and good:
http://www.audiodamage.com/effects/prod ... ?pid=AD006
http://www.valhalladsp.com/valhallafreqecho
The mind boggles.
hibidy
KVRAF

41160 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:00 pm

The delay in sgear is actually not bad btw. I use the above mentioned stuff to get the extra grit. Stable, reliable, they sound pretty good (though I sure do wish this stuff was built into sgear)

I have a few delays. I think I like H-delay by waves best, but this can change :hihi: I paid a less than it cost right now though. Oh, and it's really expensive but "satin" can do wonderful delays.
IsFact
KVRer

17 posts since 23 Feb, 2014

Postby IsFact; Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:44 am Re: best guitar pedal vst(s)?

sinject wrote:so recently my search for a high-quality amp sim vst has ended with s-gear 2 being the winner. i'm not here to sing s-gear's praises but it was definitely the best amp sim i've ever used out of guitar rig, amplitube, and others.

so that aside, i'm in need of pedal vsts, distortions and delays namely, as i'm making some pretty distortion-heavy stuff and would love to get some suggestions out there if possible. the thing is i don't really see much dicussion on high quality pedal vsts (emulations of hardware or otherwise) and that makes me wonder if i should even bother and instead just go with actual pedals in use with s-gear.

i'm all ears on this one

Talk about high-quality amp sim, check JamUp/BIAS out :) It's for iOS
Hink
Rad Grandad

24748 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:42 pm Re: best guitar pedal vst(s)?

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/audiffex-r ... rtas-21392

I dont have much installed for VSTs these days, I've shied away from amp sims but I really like these pedal VSTs. I have used them while re-amping with my tube amps and the do very well, these will stay on my machine :)
New Song LBS
heffus
KVRian

1049 posts since 3 Aug, 2005, from Chicago

Postby heffus; Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:03 pm Re: best guitar pedal vst(s)?

I like the Distorque Plusdistortion. Their Vitamin C comp is also cool.
sbj
KVRist

419 posts since 17 Aug, 2012, from Denmark

Postby sbj; Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:26 pm Re: best guitar pedal vst(s)?

Whamdrive can do some pretty awesome stuff

http://www.auraplug.com/site/?q=downloa ... ion-series

Retro Delay is something unique too

http://e-phonic.com/plugins/retrodelay.php
“Shall we eat, or have a McDonalds” - David Allen -
Sound C loud
Band C amp
If You Like To Watch
yessongs
KVRian

831 posts since 9 Feb, 2013, from dallas tx

Postby yessongs; Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:44 pm Re: best guitar pedal vst(s)?

I have amplitube, podfarm, th2 producer, revalver 3.5, guitar rig player, GTR, and pretty much all the free ones as well. All of these have distortions, compression, mods, delays, reverbs etc.... Especially interesting are the filters in line 6's podfarm. Now look at all the free reverbs delays and mods online and you may never try them all to even have an opinion for many years depending on how much you play with it. I hardly have time to play anymore with my job taking up all the time.

The thing I want to see is what revalver 4 can do. It could be a game changer in the amp sim and guitar modeling realm. It will host other vst's so it can be a main piece of the puzzle if it switches presets fast enough to allow us to play out live without experiencing problems.
Brother Charles
KVRian

730 posts since 2 Jan, 2012, from Alberta, Canada

Postby Brother Charles; Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:13 pm Re: best guitar pedal vst(s)?

Big vote here for P&M plug-ins. As already mentioned, TSE makes a stellar TS808 emulation.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook
afreshcupofjoe
KVRAF

1832 posts since 17 Jan, 2006, from Portland, OR

Postby afreshcupofjoe; Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:32 pm Re: best guitar pedal vst(s)?

For delay, I highly recommend Audio Damage Dubstation.

For overdrive and distortion I would use real pedals. I haven't found any plugins that sound quite as good as the real deal. Analog pedals + Computer amp sim is a pretty good combination in my experience. All you have to do is pick up a cheap Tubescreamer clone, a Russian Big Muff, a Pro-Co RAT, and a Boss DS-1 and you're pretty much covered for any kind of OD/distortion tone you would ever need. Most dirt pedals are just variations on these classics.
"The Juno 60 was often incorrectly referred to as a synth. It is, in fact, a chorus unit with a synth attached." -PAK
bill45
KVRian

1348 posts since 14 Jun, 2006

Postby bill45; Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:45 am Re: best guitar pedal vst(s)?

The fultone od is awesome!
Hink
Rad Grandad

Postby Hink; Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:43 am Re: best guitar pedal vst(s)?

Brother Charles wrote:Big vote here for P&M plug-ins. As already mentioned, TSE makes a stellar TS808 emulation.

I downloaded this simply on your recommendation, I haven't tried it yet but it is installed and I do like coule little things I see. The stereo/mono for instance will be very good as I will use this more for re-amping than anything else, also the little input control along the bottom will likely help with noise :)
New Song LBS
ontol
KVRian

581 posts since 29 Jun, 2012

Postby ontol; Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:01 pm Re: best guitar pedal vst(s)?

Hink
Rad Grandad

Postby Hink; Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:27 pm Re: best guitar pedal vst(s)?

ontol wrote:Guitar center still has Ohmicide for $24.24 (plus shipping).

hmmm...I could order it online right now and pick it up tomorrow when I pick my daughter up at school because GC is only 5 minutes away from her school...and in tax free New Hampshire...oh wait, no I cant...I can go buy it in NH but if I order from here (Mass) they hit me up with that sales tax...something to think about tomorrow, this too could be very good for re-amping purposes when using my tube amps...thanx for the heads up :tu:
New Song LBS
123creative.com
KVRist

46 posts since 29 Nov, 2012, from European Union

Postby 123creative.com; Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:44 am Re: best guitar pedal vst(s)?

Hello guys,

you can check also our VST plug-ins - guitar pedals / stompboxes and special guitar effects.

Our products you can find here:
http://www.123creative.com/157-guitar-effects-guitar-software-vst-plug-ins

We will happy if it is something you just looking.
There is also available DEMO version for download.

All best
123creative.com team
www.123creative.com - creative boutique

(resources for music production, graphic design, webdesign)
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects