What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Free Sidechain vst

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

359 posts since 1 Feb, 2005

Postby cowby; Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:47 am Free Sidechain vst

Hi, I am new to sidechain and would like to have your recommendation for a free sidechain for compression (ducking effect~). Mine DAW is StudioOne.

Also, besides, Compression & Gate, what other effect that can be intergrated with sidechain ?

Thanks!
Cowby
KVRist

46 posts since 10 Dec, 2012

Postby bludreamsounds; Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:56 am Re: Free Sidechain vst

The s1 compressor does a decent job of compression. Its pretty simple too, just activate sidechain on the compressor, adjust the sidechain gain and then from the track you want to be ducked (kick, snare, fart) acitvate the send and adjust the amount of send to the compressor.
KVRAF

1510 posts since 22 Apr, 2009, from Belgrade

Postby bpblog; Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:34 am Re: Free Sidechain vst

Look here: http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2010/11 ... t-plugins/

The obvious choices would be Molot and ReaComp.
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!
KVRAF

6968 posts since 2 Aug, 2005, from Guitar Land, USA

Postby RunBeerRun; Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:06 pm Re: Free Sidechain vst

The only other thing I know of that does external sidechain is dynamic equalizers, like the Toneboosters one(which I think is a compressor/expander that affects eq bands). In theory you could sidechain anything, but why. I know in Reaper you can actually sidechain any parameter, make non-sidechain compressors duck.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
KVRist

97 posts since 27 May, 2011, from Phoenix Az

Postby ___loser; Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:30 pm Re: Free Sidechain vst

MWobbler and MMultiBandGranular both have external sidechain. I have yet to dig deep into those as im new to sidechaining myself.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects