Please Help Beta a 40 Stop Kontakt 5 Organ

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Based on Lars Palo's excellent Creative Commons Burea Church Organ, sampled in 2010, this Organ has over 2000 samples and a fun script with lots of reverbs and other goodies. Best of all it's free.
Thanks to feedback there have been a few changes, hopefully improvements. The font color is now more readable, the bass has been boosted to give the pedals more oomph, a few weaker samples have been excised and there have been a few volume alterations for greater consistency.

http://bigcatinstruments.blogspot.com/2 ... organ.html

https://soundcloud.com/bigcat1969/adeste-fidelis
https://soundcloud.com/bigcat1969/hallelujah-chorus
Last edited by bigcat1969 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.

In an ongoing effort to find out how perverted I am in relation to the rest of the human population, I must ask: is the title of this thread supposed to be humorous?

Only humorous if it was in the market place, wait, maybe illegal there, i guess funny if its in off topic, illegal if.. ah screw it, im a pervert with you still.

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

Cheers bigcat, I'll take a look later and hope I haven't got to convert mp3 to wave.
The sample pack is a 1.16GB download ! However it looks like it will only take about 16 minutes here.
For some reason the links only work for me with right-click and "save target as.."

Just asking for folks to help beta test a 40 stop pipe organ. I'm not at all sure why that would be humorous or perverted... (OK maybe a little sure. I'll change the title.)
No need to convert anything this time Bob. It should work straight out of the box. Not sure why the links don't work right. Do you mind me asking what browser you're using?

bigcat1969 wrote:Just asking for folks to help beta test a 40 stop pipe organ. I'm not at all sure why that would be humorous or perverted... (OK maybe a little sure. I'll change the title.)
No need to convert anything this time Bob. It should work straight out of the box. Not sure why the links don't work right. Do you mind me asking what browser you're using?
Glad you changed the title - the previous one scared me :hihi:

Will give it a try ASAP
Fernando (FMR)

Fair enough. Thanks for giving it a try.
Any feedback? Good, bad, indifferent?

bigcat1969 wrote:Not sure why the links don't work right. Do you mind me asking what browser you're using?
Only just spotted this edit addition to your post.
IE11. I don't get to go to a mediafire download page just a straight download but I assumed that is down to you paying for ad free delivery.

EDIT. just tried it again and the links now working OK for me.

Certainly the most immediately impressive of Kontakt organs I have tried (out of maybe 10 or so).
Very easy to nudge it along to find something beyond the 12 presets.

Only thing I don't like is the On/Off colour lettering, seems the wrong way around. The red lettering seems difficult to read which is OK if not in use whereas the yellow lettering is easy to read and of course should be when on.

Thanks for the impressive. Though we will have to see if it holds up well beyond immediately. :wink:

Makes sense on the text. Thanks for the feedback. The script was written by a far clever man than I. I'll have to see if I can figure it out or if he minds doing a revision for me.

i was just using google and came across to this audiosex forum about your instruments , browsing this forum there and you will notice that this are more likely something an warez forum ! and these things bothers me as you give on your blogspot credit to this user there also !

i was thinking before , wow great , but after i seen this i don´t try these !

i´m very sorry to say this

DrumAddict wrote:i was just using google and came across to this audiosex forum about your instruments ...i was thinking before , wow great , but after i seen this i don´t try these !

i´m very sorry to say this
See what happens when you're an untreated dru(m) addict? :P

But seriously, thank you for doing this. I had just been looking at the Garritan Pipe Organs (which, naturally, you can't buy second-hand).

http://www.garritan.com/products/classic-pipe-organs/

I will give your Kontakt adaption a thorough testing this evening.
바보

Fair enough. I appreciate your integrity.
A lot of folks visit Audiosex who like free instruments so I advertise there along with some other forums. There are new release threads that lead to the sales sites of the instrument makers with no mention of 0day releases and such, lists of freebies and talk about restrictions on demos that don't make a lot of sense if folks there are just warezing everything. Certainly there is talk of warez that I avoid and it is out in the open. They understand where I'm coming from and that I don't do warez. There are folk there who are good company, who buy things and who try my instruments and give feedback, so I hang out.

All the stuff I make is above board using Public Domain and Creative Commons samples or rarely my own samples. The closest I come to pushing the line is the DIY Orchestra where I make shells for creative commons sounds that you have to download yourself to avoid distributing the samples myself.

On the organ, one of the top guys there helped me get together with a good scripter and they did facilitating and testing so I thanked them as I appreciated the help. On the blog and in the instrument I never mentioned Audiosex, so I doubt I'm driving anyone to a 'warez' site. You will note that I mention Lars Palo as the sampler prominently on my blog and in the instrument, so I certainly am complying with the Creative Commons license and ideal.

I just played a little. The main stops are great. but the pedal stops are too soft, and their volume don't match. It's like the organ didn't have pedal stops. Passages intended for the lowest octave of the pedal board are almost inaudible. I'll have to check if it's a matter of the samples or they are too softened in the instrument (because there are samples for there, but they are simply too quiet when mixed with the others). It's a pity, because the upper stops sound really great.

Can you check what happened with the lower octave?
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”