FL studio 12 New Vector Mixer Preview!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EnGee wrote:
spaceman wrote:
hibidy wrote::roll:
Yes, sometimes people have different opinions.

I have to adjust my opinion slightly though, it's not extremely boring,
just boring and formulaic.

And I don't like her singing at all.
Yes, I have yet another different opinion :hihi:

I like the music/arrangement/sounds. I find it an interesting song but I didn't like the singing, especially how she sings (her voice is OK). I think young people might like her way of singing, after all FL Studio is mostly used by young producers ;-)
I'm 49 :x

Image-Line wrote:
hibidy wrote:I'll hijack for a quick question, is the x64 doze version just a wrapper?
No it's native 64 Bit, top to bottom including all plugins. The fact its not released yet is because we are waiting for Maxx (who was busy on other projects) to deliver the 64 Bit versions of Pitcher and Hardcore, which he just completed today, as it happens.

Regards Scott
I'll look forward to it.

EvilDragon wrote:Right. You still can see the FX of just ONE currently selected mixer channel... Which is really just not good enough for full mix overview.
While I am not saying it's bad to see all your FX at once, why do you need to see of all FX to understand your mix?

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Image-Line wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Right. You still can see the FX of just ONE currently selected mixer channel... Which is really just not good enough for full mix overview.
While I am not saying it's bad to see all your FX at once, why do you need to see of all FX to understand your mix?

Regards Scott
i like to have an overall look of ALL my inserts because i often switch on/off two ore more plugins on different channels and listen to the result.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
Image-Line wrote:

Regards Scott
i like to have an overall look of ALL my inserts because i often switch on/off two ore more plugins on different channels and listen to the result.
So in FL Studio you click each track before muting the FX, that's two extra clicks (I assume your DAW, what is it BTW, allows you to mute directly in the stack?).

You mentioned 'Mix overview' so I am trying to understand what that means in practice.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Depends. If there is a keyswitch to show the plugs available so that I can remember which ones are there for tweaking, then I don't care. If I've got to jump through hoops to get to those plugs, then it's not what I'm used to.

Image-Line wrote:
murnau wrote:
Image-Line wrote:

Regards Scott
So in FL Studio you click each track before muting the FX, that's two extra clicks (I assume your DAW, what is it BTW, allows you to mute directly in the stack?).

You mentioned 'Mix overview' so I am trying to understand what that means in practice.

Regards Scott
In Studio One i can turn on/off an insert on different tracks and back in less then a second. i would say it's the usual approach but in FL it takes to much time and i lose the overview even when i switch channels via the left/right arrow keys .
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

hibidy wrote:Depends. If there is a keyswitch to show the plugs available so that I can remember which ones are there for tweaking, then I don't care. If I've got to jump through hoops to get to those plugs, then it's not what I'm used to.
So you are not mixing by ear then?

Generally people listen to the mix, concentrate on some aspect of it, and think that lead doesn't sound right and go tweak the FX for it.

Your preferred workflow is, oh look, there's a compressor on the lead synth, let me tweak that. With FL Studio you can do the same thing by rolling your mouse-wheel through each track and inspecting the FX stack and stopping each time something catches your eye.

Regards Scott

I think you're oversimplifying it Scott. There are many examples where seeing plugs across multiple channels is useful.

- Quickly doing complimentary EQ. Looking at channel y's boost and cutting channel x there.

- Looking at phase meters across multiple busses.

Etc, etc.

The FLStudio way is more like the digital mixer "Fat Channel" paradigm, and there's nothing necessarily wrong with that. But the other method does have some advantages.

murnau wrote:In Studio One i can turn on/off an insert on different tracks and back in less then a second. i would say it's the usual approach but in FL it takes to much time and i lose the overview even when i switch channels via the left/right arrow keys .
Well it depends on what view mode you have Studio One in. With the inserts all visible, other things must be hidden. And exactly how many tracks can you see at once in that mode? Don't you have to scroll to see them all?

Regards Scott

Image-Line wrote:
murnau wrote:
Image-Line wrote:

Regards Scott

Regards Scott
because people have different workflows? I'm not going to bash FL ever and I suspect you and many others know that but I prefer the mixer in Samplitude over any mixer I have tried. I assume 'mix overview' simply means that when a mixer is open and you're looking at the entire mixer, in the case of fx I do like to see them all in one glance. Sometimes I put in an effect that is an experiment, sometimes I forget or get distracted and it might be easier to look at the entire mixer in one glance than to click through channels...I like an overall view of the mixer, the eq's, the faders, the pan, the fx...not say 16 individual 'snapshots' of each channel. Sure it may only be one or two clicks, but that's not what I prefer.

FWIW in the samp mixer you can just click on the effect in it's slot to enable or disable it. Troubleshooting is much faster for me when I can see all that is going on there and then :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Image-Line wrote:And exactly how many tracks can you see at once in that mode? Don't you have to scroll to see them all?
Depends on the DAW, but... it can be a lot, if fullscreened (which is not an unusual workflow, having the mixer on one whole monitor by itself). I'm counting 44 tracks plus master track when I fullscreen the mixer in Reaper (using RADO v1 skin), with inserts, track FX and sends being shown.

Screenshot:

(Two tracks are hidden in the mixer, so the track numbers are a bit off, but it's 44 tracks plus master here. From here it's simple click on the insert to open it for editing, or shift+click to bypass it, or alt+click to delete it, click empty slot to add an FX anywhere you want... no need to first scroll to the track then select it then click where you want to add the FX... it's much faster.)

EvilDragon wrote:Depends on the DAW, but... it can be a lot, if fullscreened (which is not an unusual workflow, having the mixer on one whole monitor by itself)
Well 44 isnt a lot for many people (or so we are told). So you will still have to scroll.

I see only 7 FX Slots per track in that screenshot. Is that the max per track or are more hidden?

Regards Scott
Last edited by Image-Line on Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just testing, so videos' don't embed on KVR anymore?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM1ZOg9bssk

http://youtu.be/gM1ZOg9bssk
Last edited by Image-Line on Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”