What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Do you ever feel lazy when you don't read huge replies in the forums?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

9691 posts since 13 Nov, 2006, from in Uranus, playin' lollipop

Postby debra1rlo; Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:27 pm Do you ever feel lazy when you don't read huge replies in the forums?

let's see... uh, f**k NO! Some of you people (including myself) can write a fcuking book about nothing. Only my long winded replies are sometimes worth reading. :box: :evil: :troll: :P :tantrum: :wheee: :band:
marmoset there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this, my marmoset
I'm a dumb c**t
so don't try this at home
KVRer

2 posts since 24 Apr, 2014

Postby Shadowhunter; Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:59 pm Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't read huge replies in the forums?

Yes and no
KVRAF

2764 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Deutschland

Postby murnau; Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:17 pm Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't read huge replies in the forums?

no, it's a pleasure not to read those "essays" (of certain members). :)
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more” ― Nikola Tesla
Rad Grandad

24603 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:34 pm Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't read huge replies in the forums?

being very guilty of this myself I just want to say one thing (in all seriousness)...I went to a vocational high school, electives such as typing was not offered because due to the amount of time needed to learn our trades and time spent in shop we didn't even have time for study halls. Our school did have a typing but that was in the shop 'secretarial sciences', which in the mid 70's was not all that popular with males.

My long posts here and elsewhere have taught me to type, taught me better spelling, better grammar and even a better understanding of the topic at hand (because often I google to verify things) as I try to be as articulate as possible...if people do not read them, take them out of context (or more typically use selective quoting to take it out of context), well that's up to them...still I am getting some very valuable lessons from my long posts 8)
As long as you hate, there will be people to hate
-George Harrison
KVRAF

4286 posts since 20 Jul, 2010

Postby Sendy; Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:37 pm Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't read huge replies in the forums?

When someone writes a lot, it's often because they have a lot to say, and that's often borne of passion. Even if I don't agree with the viewpoints, or even understand them fully, the longer posts are often some of the most interesting.

Especially my ones. :hihi:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp!
KVRAF

3953 posts since 6 Sep, 2006, from Elk Grove, CA

Postby cryophonik; Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:41 pm Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't read huge replies in the forums?

debra1rlo wrote:let's see... uh, f**k NO! Some of you people (including myself) can write a fcuking book about nothing. Only my long winded replies are sometimes worth reading. :box: :evil: :troll: :P :tantrum: :wheee: :band:

Stopped reading at "uh"
KVRAF

4286 posts since 20 Jul, 2010

Postby Sendy; Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:52 pm Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't read huge replies in the forums?

cryophonik wrote:
debra1rlo wrote:let's see... uh, f**k NO! Some of you people (including myself) can write a fcuking book about nothing. Only my long winded replies are sometimes worth reading. :box: :evil: :troll: :P :tantrum: :wheee: :band:

Stopped reading at "uh"

Stopped reading at the ellipsis. Someone on the internet told me people who use ellipses are terrible people and they could see into their soul and it was all rotten and dank inside and those people were no good, and I concurred that, yes, the best way to know a person is by their typographical habits during Internet postings, and it was good, and then this man came up and said "wagon christ" and the lazer cats arrived, shooting lazers from their eyes, as is their wont, so we all went to Starbucks and it turned into a giant calculator, and I did the sum 1+1 and the calculator said seven, and I was like lolzords, anyway, tying back to the lazer cats, they were blue, so anyway, my mate Dave recons he had a mate who was scared of clouds for a while and would only go out on fair days, seems silly to me, but then I am scared of rounded-off triangles due to a nightmare I had when I was a kid where I would see a strange shape and become paralyzed and wake up sweating, so really, at the end of the day, when you're making Brooklyn Bounce it's important to highpass at 50-60hz, to make room for the lazer cats, the clouds, the ellipses, and the depraved souls who use them.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp!
KVRAF

13572 posts since 23 Jun, 2010, from north of London ON

Postby trimph1; Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:36 pm Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't read huge replies in the forums?

eeeeee....fflllliiiiiffft.
Barry
The man who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran
http://www.ambientonline.org/
KVRAF

3571 posts since 24 May, 2009, from spain

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:46 pm Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't read huge replies in the forums?

A cursory skim will often determine whether it is worth the effort to read the post in it's entirety. Certainly, if it is a thread of particular relevance or interest to me (as opposed to watching the unfolding of a typical, kvr train-wreck of a thread), then i will be more attentive
KVRian

765 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Postby mysticvibes; Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:18 pm Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't read huge replies in the forums?

kvr just good for news, tutorials and downloading vsts, maybe meeting people by posting or listeing to similar music in cafe, anthing else is a waste of time?
KVRAF

3953 posts since 6 Sep, 2006, from Elk Grove, CA

Postby cryophonik; Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:37 pm Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't read huge replies in the forums?

A cat picture is worth a thousand words and can be read in a fraction of the time.
KVRAF

5561 posts since 8 May, 2008, from ssssskipping ......... I left you there

Postby standalone; Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:11 am Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't read huge replies in the forums?

I'm lazy 24/7, forums have nothing to do with that. I was lazy before internet existed.
"An Arrogant Instigator"
KVRAF

4337 posts since 19 Jun, 2008

Postby Shabdahbriah; Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:59 am Re: Do you ever feel lazy when you don't read huge replies in the forums?

Sendy wrote:
cryophonik wrote:

Stopped reading at "uh"

Stopped reading at the ellipsis. Someone on the internet told me people who use ellipses are terrible people and they could see into their soul and it was all rotten and dank inside and those people were no good, and I concurred that, yes, the best way to know a person is by their typographical habits during Internet postings, and it was good, and then this man came up and said "wagon christ" and the lazer cats arrived, shooting lazers from their eyes, as is their wont, so we all went to Starbucks and it turned into a giant calculator, and I did the sum 1+1 and the calculator said seven, and I was like lolzords, anyway, tying back to the lazer cats, they were blue, so anyway, my mate Dave recons he had a mate who was scared of clouds for a while and would only go out on fair days, seems silly to me, but then I am scared of rounded-off triangles due to a nightmare I had when I was a kid where I would see a strange shape and become paralyzed and wake up sweating, so really, at the end of the day, when you're making Brooklyn Bounce it's important to highpass at 50-60hz, to make room for the lazer cats, the clouds, the ellipses, and the depraved souls who use them.

[a guilt free] ... +1
Perception is the ultimate "reality" ~ but not, the ultimate Truth.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic