BFD 2 Folder location

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I installed bfd 2 twice, I extracted the files out of the audio content so there isnt any erorrs.

But when I load up bfd 2, it asks me for the program folder. Its not seeming to let me use it because its not showing up under ll the folders i put it under.. does anybody have any help? ive been waiting for support for a day, wont hear anything till Monday im guessing because its Friday..

cheers and much thanks!

Are you on Windows?

If so... try opening the 'stand alone' version by right-clicking the .exe file and select 'run as administrator', does that help?
Peace...
bluzkat

no.

word for word when I load up bfd 2 it says

" BFD2 was uanble to locate the location of the program folder. This is the folder that bfd2 stores its resources and other critical components. Normally this will be automatically created during installation. We highly recommend you perform a re installation of bfd2. However, if you do understand the bfd2 structure you can manually specify the location of this folder."

Ive set it up through this, through
-my doccuments fxexpansion folder
-my D:/fxexpansion/bfd2 folder

Folders within those folders, nothing

I installed the vst on my ssd which is my main (C), but Installed the data on my D drive, I didnt install side the program folders there just inside my d drive

Installing for the fourth time

Based on that error I don't think it's the data folder that it can't find... IIRC when it can't find the data folder on my external drive it's a different message, so it's not that it can't find your data folder.

Which version of windows are you running? I'm on win7 64bit here.

The BFD2 install should be in C:\Program File (x86)\FXpansion\BFD2 ... Within that folder you should have some files plus folders Help, Resources, and System. if for some reason the installer couldn't write to that location on your system (e.g., due to UAC and/or file permissions and/or user accounts), you can try running the installer itself as administrator. Is your user account on windows part of the "Administrators" group? If not, that could be the issue as well -- try adding your user account to Administrators group first.

Also, an improper install may cause reg entries to not be created properly, I suppose. Open regedit, and check the following entries (obviously specific to your install):

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FXpansion\BFD2]
"FirstRun"="No"
"binlocation_0"="C:\\VSTPlugins\\BFD2.dll"
"binlocation_1"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\FXpansion\\BFD2\\BFD2.dll"
"publickey"="..."
"serialprefix"="..."
"systempathbase"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\FXpansion\\BFD2"
"userpathbase"="C:\\Users\\MrMagoo\\AppData\\Roaming\\FXpansion\\BFD2"
"SystemPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\FXpansion\\BFD2"
"BFD2AddThisPath"="No-Value"
"serialnumber"="..."
"NeedScan"="No"
"binlocation_2"="C:\\Program Files\\FXpansion\\BFD2\\BFD2.dll"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FXpansion\BFD2\Standalone]
"windowX"=dword:0000004f
"windowY"=dword:00000056
"StandaloneSampleRate"=dword:0000ac44
"StandaloneBlockSize"=dword:00000100
"StandaloneInPort"=dword:00000000
"StandaloneOutPort"=dword:00000000
"StandaloneInDevice"=" "
"StandaloneOutDevice"="..."
"StandaloneASIODevice"="..."
"StandaloneSyncToMIDIClock"="False"
"StandaloneMIDIOutputDevice"=" "
"StandaloneMIDIInputDevice_nanoKEY2"="Enabled"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\FXpansion\BFD2]
"VstInstallPath"="C:\\VSTPlugins"
"AppInstallPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\FXpansion\\BFD2"
"VstInstallPathX64"="C:\\VSTPlugins (x64)"
"AppInstallPathX64"="C:\\Program Files\\FXpansion\\BFD2"
"SystemPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\FXpansion\\BFD2"
"InstallDataPath"="L:\\Library\\BFD\\BFD2"
"InstallAppPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\FXpansion\\BFD2"
You need to limit that rez, bro.

I reinstalled it and it seems to be working good, all the data is fine, EXCEPT the fact that for some reason ableton suite 9 wont show up bfd2 in my vst folder in there, ive rescanned it, removed the 64 bit vst and reisntalled. still happens

For some reason, 64 bit bfd 2 doesnt want to run in my ableton.. so I have to use jbridge onto the 32bit so itll work in my 64 bit ableton suite 9! lol confusing

Return to “Instruments”