Do You Lack Confidence In Your Music?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Let Kanye help you out with that...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/exp/kanye/kanye.html

when-ignorance-begets-confidence-the-classic-dunning-kruger-effect

Fremdscham describes the almost-horror you feel when you notice that somebody is oblivious to how embarrassing they truly are. Fremdscham occurs when someone who should feel embarrassed for themselves simply is not, and you start feeling embarrassment in their place.

Lmao. The thought of thinking like Kayne has never thought my mind until now.

Aaaaaaannnnd now it's gone.

"WHEN I THINK OF COMPETITION IT'S LIKE I TRY TO CREATE AGAINST THE PAST. I THINK ABOUT MICHELANGELO AND PICASSO. YOU KNOW, THE PYRAMIDS."

Mainstream culture, everybody! *applause*

These days, all you gotta do is say you're god, and say it like you believe it, and people will fall at your feet. It's like religion, only without any of the actual good stuff that religion provided. The cult of personality. Swagger. YOLO. Who cares if you have anything to say, just scream as loud as you can until everyone else is drowned out and you're the biggest blot on the landscape.

Damn, son.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:Mainstream culture, everybody! *applause*

These days, all you gotta do is say you're god, and say it like you believe it, and people will fall at your feet. It's like religion, only without any of the actual good stuff that religion provided. The cult of personality. Swagger. YOLO. Who cares if you have anything to say, just scream as loud as you can until everyone else is drowned out and you're the biggest blot on the landscape.

Damn, son.
So true. :help: :party:
:tu:

Swanking around and boasting are part of the show in the rap biz, no matter if you're a mainstream rapper or an underground rapper... :shrug:

Tricky-Loops wrote:Swanking around is part of the rap business and part of the show, no matter if you're a mainstream rapper or an underground rapper... :shrug:
Yeah, but I find the gangster rap of the late 80's and early 90's to be a lot more palettable and... believable? Authentic? Sure, it's not my bag, but I can get into it. They're rapping about their life, not some corporate vision concocted to shift the most units.

The whole entertaintment business is fuct. Only time anything good comes out is when good is smuggled in by creatives under the noses of the Greyfaces.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:Swanking around is part of the rap business and part of the show, no matter if you're a mainstream rapper or an underground rapper... :shrug:
Yeah, but I find the gangster rap of the late 80's and early 90's to be a lot more palettable and... believable? Authentic?
"For the Real Slim Shady please stand up..." :lol:

I really miss some extraordinary rappers with creative songs and funny lyrics like Eminem or Outkast ("Ms. Jackson" by Outkast is GREAT, for example! :love:). Today it's all about girls and money. No matter if 50 Cent, Kanye West, Pitbull, Flo-Rida etc., they all sound the same... :x

Dust to dust. Why blow your entire window of opportunity as a fraud? What are you going to do after you die?

Come on, coach me, I'm sooooo lost.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

jancivil wrote: Fremdscham
Always pleased to see you guys using German words :-)

The more German words you embed in the english language, the easier it is for me to learn it :-) :-)

my music lacks confidence in me :scared: :roll: :scared: :roll: :scared: :roll: I'm getting dizzy, this is fun :ud: :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

"I AM SO CREDIBLE AND SO INFLUENTIAL AND SO RELEVANT THAT I WILL CHANGE THINGS."

:wheee:

I AM WARHOL! I AM THE NUMBER ONE MOST IMPACTFUL ARTIST OF OUR GENERATION. I AM SHAKESPEARE IN THE FLESH. WALT DISNEY, NIKE, GOOGLE.

Yeah, and don't forget the Cheeky Girls, all rolled into one...

While the music industry is happy to wrap a guy like that up as a product...i think this is just genuine ultra narcissism. That in itself is refreshing to see, when mainstream acts have been doing this thinly disguised modesty act for ages.

I do fremdschäm a little, but it rly cracks me up more. I can even relate in the sense that i might totally go in a similar direction at that level of popularity...i'd just get f**ked in the head. I wonder if kanye has even a bit of bipolar going or if he can keep that up 24 7...that'd be incredible.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”