Please Help Beta a 40 Stop Kontakt 5 Organ

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sure let me see what I can figure out there.
You are right. There are two basic problems, the ear hears lower frequency sounds more softly and there just aren't that many stops that use the lowest octave. Between them this makes the lowest octave way too soft and the second lowest somewhat too soft. I'll work on fixing this. In the mean time turning on the EQ and cranking the EQ gain and the LF gain helps some.
Last edited by bigcat1969 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I was examining, and a lot of stops (the pipey ones, therefore, those that constitute the main combinations) go just to C1. By extending the lowest note one octave down (to C0), you can obtain a fuller lower octave, and the sound don't suffer (IMO).

Maybe you want to revise those stops, in order to obtain a more balanced sound in that octave (very important for organ pieces)
Fernando (FMR)

That's a good idea as it is mostly rumble at that point, so you won't notice the note stretching nearly as much. Also I suspect I can steal the lowest octave pipes from Principle 8 pedals and add them to the regular Principle 8. Same with Octave 4.
Last edited by bigcat1969 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sounds good. I have MIDI files of the Tocatta & Fugue in D minor BWV 565 and of the Fantasy & Fugue in G minor BWV 542 that I created. I will try to work them for this instrument, adapting some combinations for the sounds that I have in mind. Of course, the pedal sounds are very important in these works.

Currently, it lacks positive combinations, and echo combinations, and both are needed for these works.
Fernando (FMR)

OK dropped everything by an octave. Added the bottom octave to most pipes 4 inches or larger and to even smaller principles than that. Added a touch of extra volume to the bottom octave notes. Made the text easier to read.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/37o1a ... _Organ.zip

Anyone having error messages about version numbers or the organ working in stand alone but not in your DAW?

bigcat1969 wrote:Fair enough. I appreciate your integrity.
A lot of folks visit Audiosex who like free instruments so I advertise there along with some other forums. There are new release threads that lead to the sales sites of the instrument makers with no mention of 0day releases and such, lists of freebies and talk about restrictions on demos that don't make a lot of sense if folks there are just warezing everything. Certainly there is talk of warez that I avoid and it is out in the open. They understand where I'm coming from and that I don't do warez. There are folk there who are good company, who buy things and who try my instruments and give feedback, so I hang out.

All the stuff I make is above board using Public Domain and Creative Commons samples or rarely my own samples. The closest I come to pushing the line is the DIY Orchestra where I make shells for creative commons sounds that you have to download yourself to avoid distributing the samples myself.

On the organ, one of the top guys there helped me get together with a good scripter and they did facilitating and testing so I thanked them as I appreciated the help. On the blog and in the instrument I never mentioned Audiosex, so I doubt I'm driving anyone to a 'warez' site. You will note that I mention Lars Palo as the sampler prominently on my blog and in the instrument, so I certainly am complying with the Creative Commons license and ideal.
ive seen a few minutes ago an thread in the u-he forum where they have talk about similarity !

even if its Creative Commons license ! a little bit research on google and in this other forum !

you giving credit and working with people which helps people and support warez and also distributing warez !

and i think you already know this , if you don´t believe this ask Urs !

thats personal a no go even if your instruments have Creative Commons license !

sorry

We just have different responses to warez.

My response is to point out all the free alternatives. Like my list of free instruments, http://bigcatlists.blogspot.com/. People shouldn't steal from U-he, so I point out them 40 alternative synths.

My response is to create free instruments in the most dominate format.
People shouldn't steal pianos, so I give them a 6 pack of free pianos that were packaged (not by me) and are all over the warez scene. Folks come from those sites to my blog where I leave a low key message.

"Something you likely don't expect me to say, thanks to all the warez sites. Since these pianos are free its great publicity and saves me bandwidth. Warez and torrent away on free stuff, just support folks who do this for a living. I can testify that creating instruments from scratch as I did with the City Piano is a lot of work and the guys who spend months creating incredibly detailed instruments deserve your support when they try to sell them. End Sermon."

In case they don't have Kontakt, I drop some instruments into VSTi format so anyone can use them and no one can say, I had to warez a piano, because they can get one free!

My response is to accept help from people on legitimate projects and point out all the help they gave me.

What is your response?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”