Free samples of rain and thunder (600 MB)

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just released the first free sound library on my new indie sound design label called 99Sounds.

It's called Rain And Thunder and it's a free collection of rain loops and thunder strike sounds which were recorded in stereo using an Edirol portable recorder. The samples are provided as 24-bit WAV files.

There are 64 audio files inside, most of them are loopable. Download size is around 500 MB and the library will take 659 MB on your hard drive when extracted.

The sound of rainfall is one of my favorite sounds in the world and I've always wanted to create something like this. April and May were incredibly rainy in my city, so I've literally recorded new content for the sound library every day.

Download: http://99sounds.org/rain-and-thunder/

If you'd like to collaborate on similar projects, please contact me via the website contact form or a PM on KVR.

Also, I'd love to hear what you think about the quality of this pack! Please leave comments below or on the linked page.

https://soundcloud.com/99soundslabel/ra ... under-demo
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Fantastic, thankyou!

I'll let you know what I think of it once I've had a proper listen 8)

Aaah, perfect. Thanks a lot, bpblog. :tu:

Jesus... do live next to an antenna factory? :-o
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Thanks!

Thanks for these

dave

Thanks a lot! Can always use a well timed thunderclap.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Thanks! Glad we didn't have that much rain than in the previous year (flood catastrophe in Bavaria on June 1st 2013)!

You could make a sample library with the title "Serbia Underwater Worlds" and then donate a certain percent of Dinars to the victims of the floods! :idea:

Thanks !

Those close ones are quite scary.

Thanks so much for the kind words everyone. It really means A LOT, since this is my first free library of this type. I'm so glad to hear that you're finding it useful. Thanks so much again!

:hug:
kbaccki wrote:Jesus... do live next to an antenna factory? :-o
leggie wrote:Those close ones are quite scary.
Haha, yeah some of those were really, really close. I live downtown and we usually only hear distant thunder but this was way different. I was literally terrified after one of those thunders (the seventh one in the heavy thunder folder) so I thought screw this man and went inside a building. Crappy move from today's point of view, but it really made sense then because those thunders kept getting closer and closer.

You know how usually you first see the lightning and then hear the sound a couple of seconds later? This was different, it was both the flash and the incredibly loud crack at the same time, and the air was somehow different too. Scary stuff, but incredibly exciting, too.
Tricky-Loops wrote:Thanks! Glad we didn't have that much rain than in the previous year (flood catastrophe in Bavaria on June 1st 2013)!
It was a terrible month for my country and our neighbours, as some parts were hit by heavy floods. It was hearbreaking to see so many families lose their homes. On the positive side, people showed incredible amounts of compassion towards the ones who were hit by this catastrophe and I believe that literally all of us helped in one way or another.
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

bpblog wrote:You know how usually you first see the lightning and then hear the sound a couple of seconds later? This was different, it was both the flash and the incredibly loud crack at the same time, and the air was somehow different too. Scary stuff, but incredibly exciting, too.
Uh, yeah... cuz those were direct hits not too far from you. :) Which is kinda cool that you were able to capture them... Most thunder/lightning samples I've heard are the usual distant/rolling variety... :tu:
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Hey thanks for the samples. Im obsessed with thunder / lightning, much appreciated. Dont regret going inside, i know (knew) someone struck and killed by lightning. It happens. If your gut tells you to go inside, listen to it. Better to have great samples to listen to, than to have a perfect sample no one ever gets to hear on your fried equipment.

Thanks again.

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

Thank you very much! :)

Thanks. You could try putting them on freesound.org. It's a good place for this type of samples.

I had a quick look today and what I heard was most impressive, and highly appreciated (again!)

I can see myself using this a lot!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”