I caved and bought an octatrack

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

but my music is still muddy. at least now its expensive muddy :D

https://soundcloud.com/insert-name-here/octatrack

Sounds good and moody to me!

Congrats on your excellent purchase:)

thanks for the listen!

nice groove. fitting stuttering. do you find the process more enjoyable with the octatrack?

I enjoyed it. It does have some mud in the mix, but I wouldn't say that it is excessive. I would think that this could be tidied up with EQ during the mixing process. What monitors do you use?

It's funny, but I was listening to this, and thought that the track reminded me of some of Deccan Traps pieces, and then the SoundCloud auto-play switched to Momenta at the end of your track.

Good work :)

Genetic_Junk wrote:nice groove. fitting stuttering. do you find the process more enjoyable with the octatrack?
Yep, i now only use ableton to record the audio (tweaking on the octatrack). Sometimes i use ableton to create some loop samples for loading into the octatrack.
Last edited by insert-name-here on Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seismic1 wrote:I enjoyed it. It does have some mud in the mix, but I wouldn't say that it is excessive. I would think that this could be tidied up with EQ during the mixing process. What monitors do you use?

It's funny, but I was listening to this, and thought that the track reminded me of some of Deccan Traps pieces, and then the SoundCloud auto-play switched to Momenta at the end of your track.

Good work :)
Thanks for the listen!
I use second hand Alesis M1active for 100 euro (all my money went into the octatrack :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”