DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

Oh please. Whine whine bitch bitch. Some of you guys are beyond the beyond.
30 day demos are MORE than generous.
Some people LIVE to buy a synth cheap then turn it around here for their tiny little profit.
What else you got?

Yeah, thirty days is more then generous.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Some sounds I did using DUNE2.
https://soundcloud.com/monomo/dune2-sounds
Just 3 sounds use effects. (the trance pluck and the two plucked string things)
All others are dry.
That pad is just 1 oscillator, and one voice.

Good job, mcnoone. ;)

xamido wrote:Anybody here working on a soundbank for it? I've been analyzing the factory preset and i really learn a lot from it. I need more, moreeeee.
Here's what I do: DUNE2 can pretty much do everything sylenth can do (and then some more). I take sylenth presets that I like and try to recreate them in DUNE2. It won't sound the same, but it usually sounds great in its own way and it will give you many ideas on how to create patches.

I would like to see some of those squelchy, acid, 303 style patches Sylenth1 can do. Anyone?

elassi wrote:Good job, mcnoone. ;)
Yeah very nice.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:Yeah, thirty days is more then generous.
generous? It has nothing to do with generosity as the developer is not giving me something... they are providing a demo to promote sales.

In my case, 30 days is not enough. I like to try a new synth at my own pace and I like to dig a little deeper into it to see if I will really use it. I have also had many months go by where I forget all about a synth demo then someone posts a particularly cool audio example and I decide to try it again. From my perspective, why reduce such chances by making the demo expire?

Of course each developer can do it however they want... In my case a 30 day time limited demo is unlikely to result in a sale.

pdxindy wrote:
generous? It has nothing to do with generosity as the developer is not giving me something... they are providing a demo to promote sales.

In my case, 30 days is not enough. I like to try a new synth at my own pace and I like to dig a little deeper into it to see if I will really use it. I have also had many months go by where I forget all about a synth demo then someone posts a particularly cool audio example and I decide to try it again. From my perspective, why reduce such chances by making the demo expire?

Of course each developer can do it however they want... In my case a 30 day time limited demo is unlikely to result in a sale.
seriously? another way to approach this: you HAVE 30 days, so you can't go 'at your own pace' if that goes past 30 days. dig in, explore, decide. pretty simple. the developer gives you a chance to check out a plugin, and it's YOUR job to do that within the time allotted.

pdxindy wrote:

I dunno', you seem to be the exception. Most people are good with 30 days. I'd rather have that type of demo, as opposed to the never ending crackle - it is super annoying, and is hard to work with.

You could always ask for an extension?

But ultimately, I doubt they really mind about one or two people being put off. From their perspective ,they just have got to keep the majority happy. Horses for courses... Etc.

They might loose a sale, but you might loose a good synth. Nobody benefits... But what are you gonna do?

pdxindy wrote:

I agree that expiration is not a good idea. I remember another synth which has such an expiration date. I downloaded it, but was very busy in terms of work at that time, so never had much time to thoroughly test it. And from the little testing I did, I was not instantly sold. And when I returned to it months later, the synth had long expired. The thing is, many people have lots of other things to do, like a real job, family, etc.
I prefer some other demo limitations as long as they are not irritating like the annoying and way too loud shout in kilohearts' One :P
And 200 dollars, Dune 2's price in Europe, is a lot of money for many people...
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

osiris wrote:Oh please. Whine whine bitch bitch. Some of you guys are beyond the beyond.
30 day demos are MORE than generous.
Some people LIVE to buy a synth cheap then turn it around here for their tiny little profit.
What else you got?
:hihi:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Another option is to make a demo which counts the times always when you open it and expires after a certain amount of "openings". The Goldwave audio editor demo works that way, it's not time limited, it only counts every working steps you do with it. I have the demo since 2 years, and I can still use it for some tasks now and then... :D

Yorrrrrr wrote:I would like to see some of those squelchy, acid, 303 style patches Sylenth1 can do. Anyone?
Seriously? You can make your own acid patch? :o

Not yet. I'm still learning, I just want to see what people more knowledgeable than you can make with DUNE 2 (there are fine sound designers over here, as opposed to internet trolls), and specifically if it can nail that sylenth-y sound, not some generic acid patch.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”