DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

fisherKing wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Robmobius wrote:Yeah, thirty days is more then generous.
generous? It has nothing to do with generosity as the developer is not giving me something... they are providing a demo to promote sales.

In my case, 30 days is not enough. I like to try a new synth at my own pace and I like to dig a little deeper into it to see if I will really use it. I have also had many months go by where I forget all about a synth demo then someone posts a particularly cool audio example and I decide to try it again. From my perspective, why reduce such chances by making the demo expire?

Of course each developer can do it however they want... In my case a 30 day time limited demo is unlikely to result in a sale.
seriously? another way to approach this: you HAVE 30 days, so you can't go 'at your own pace' if that goes past 30 days. dig in, explore, decide. pretty simple. the developer gives you a chance to check out a plugin, and it's YOUR job to do that within the time allotted.
actually, no it's not my job to do that within the time allotted... I have no obligation to use the demo at all.

I take my time and would rather keep my money than hurriedly buy something I end up not using. It's not like I particularly need a new synth, so in my case, it's a buyers market. ;-)

pdxindy wrote:
actually, no it's not my job to do that within the time allotted... I have no obligation to use the demo at all.

I take my time and would rather keep my money than hurriedly buy something I end up not using. It's not like I particularly need a new synth, so in my case, it's a buyers market. ;-)
actually, IF you want to check out something and there's a demo...you live with the demo's constraints...or you check out something else. in the end, who cares? live in the real world, deal with the choices/options you have in front of you...and get on with it...

peace!

fisherKing wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

in the end, who cares?
you seem to... :hihi:

pdxindy wrote:I have no obligation to use the demo at all.
That's true but interestingly how do you explain your need to have obligation to whine about 30 days not being enough :? It super nonsense especially when you fall in to "rare" group of people and you are definitely exception here.

Sorry man if you don't find 30 working days to make up your mind - i would not want you to be my customer of/on anything. Really...

I am not seeing any developer product sale lost there.

the 30 days dont start with the download but with the installation. i guess you decided when to install? i always demo when i have time left: be it tomorrow or next week, maybe next month so why i should install today?

of course: another thing is if you say that even with time spending on the demo 30 days are not enough thats indeed hard to understand and in no way you can blame the dev for that. i mean are you stephen hawking or what? (15 minutes for a keystroke).

ps.god bless him btw brilliant man..
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Yorrrrrr wrote:I would like to see some of those squelchy, acid, 303 style patches Sylenth1 can do. Anyone?
I'd like to hear someone make a good didgeridoo style patch that didgeridoo's can do.
Anyone?
As for the squelchy acid 303 style patch.
Thanks for the idea.
:)

mcnoone wrote:
Yorrrrrr wrote:I would like to see some of those squelchy, acid, 303 style patches Sylenth1 can do. Anyone?
I'd like to hear someone make a good didgeridoo style patch that didgeridoo's can do.
Anyone?
As for the squelchy acid 303 style patch.
Thanks for the idea.
:)
:lol:

I'm sure DUNE 2 is capable of that and so much more. I'm patiently waiting for patch banks from Rob Lee, Aiyn Zahev, Kevin Schroeder, Ed Ten Eyck, Vincent Bastiat, etc. The factory ones from them are excellent.

murnau wrote:another thing is if you say that even with time spending on the demo 30 days are not enough thats indeed hard to understand and in no way you can blame the dev for that.
I simply stated my preference for demos that are not time limited. Just because I am stating my preference does not mean I am blaming the Dev. Go read my posts and you will see not one hint of blame. You are reading in something that isn't there. The developer can do things however she/he wants and just because my preference is not met does not mean I consider there to be a problem.

And yes, for me 30 days are not usually enough... I installed the demo and tried it a bit, ended up going out of town on business... forgot all about the demo cause I was busy with other projects... heard a cool Dune 2 audio demo posted here on KVR which made me want to try the demo again... Demo no longer works.

So it goes... and its all good. I have plenty of synths and don't particularly need another :wink:

kmonkey wrote:
That's true but interestingly how do you explain your need to have obligation to whine about 30 days not being enough :? It super nonsense especially when you fall in to "rare" group of people and you are definitely exception here.

Sorry man if you don't find 30 working days to make up your mind - i would not want you to be my customer of/on anything. Really...

It seems to upset you when someone falls into a 'rare' group and is an exception... I guess you prefer conformity.

If you tell me what products you sell I will avoid buying them... unless they are super cool :wink:

pdxindy wrote:
fisherKing wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

in the end, who cares?
you seem to... :hihi:
just trying to help out... :tu:

Great work! Any chance these will be available for download?
mcnoone wrote:Some sounds I did using DUNE2.
https://soundcloud.com/monomo/dune2-sounds
Just 3 sounds use effects. (the trance pluck and the two plucked string things)
All others are dry.
That pad is just 1 oscillator, and one voice.

45 minutes.
Next?
https://soundcloud.com/monomo/dune2-acid-fun-patch
Last edited by mcnoone on Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

ens wrote:Great work! Any chance these will be available for download?
mcnoone wrote:Some sounds I did using DUNE2.
https://soundcloud.com/monomo/dune2-sounds
Just 3 sounds use effects. (the trance pluck and the two plucked string things)
All others are dry.
That pad is just 1 oscillator, and one voice.
Yes. there will be 64 sounds available soon for free download...hope by next week.
They do include re-tweaked versions of the previous 25 sounds I posted last week, plus the 39 new sounds.

mcnoone wrote:
45 minutes.
Next?
https://soundcloud.com/monomo/dune2-acid-fun-patch
Haha, nice man!. Looking forward to your bank of presets. Please include at least one of these acid patches :tu:

pdxindy wrote:
kmonkey wrote:

It seems to upset you when someone falls into a 'rare' group and is an exception... I guess you prefer conformity.

If you tell me what products you sell I will avoid buying them... unless they are super cool :wink:
By that analogy i am even super cooler in your own view - i didn't even installed demo :wink:

Literally

I have heard it on friend studio computer though - therefore i think i maybe demoed it in some way. My company dude played it when he compared it to his Virus and i have heard it for 30 mins i think. But not less or more then that. And it got me interested and i am reading threads here to inform myself.

And i am far from being upset :tu:

Quite frankly you can not even float my emotion here. And i am not going to change my mind.

If you think that 30 days are "conformity" then i don't even have words what should it be called for even more then 30 days. By all means if you can't decide upon product after 30 days test drive you have some mental problem and i would visit some people to help you out and i am not kidding here or trying to be disrespectful either. And i really wouldn't want you to be my customer.

As a developer I would change my mind if you're a person with a disability such as damaged hearing or damaged eyes or fingers or something physical - i would expand demo for you no problem - but it seems to me that your problem is something of different nature (other then arguing for the sake of argue) and i really would not want to deal with it - if possible.

Kind regards

Return to “Instruments”