Ultrabeat: still the best soft drum synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

V0RT3X wrote:You could easily just rely on logic plugins to create professional sounding electronic music. Some might consider this heresy here at KVR but it's true.
Well quite.

Ultrabeat is one muthafarkin ugly plugin though.

I love the interface. Still one of my favorites. Just wish they'd update the resolution on the graphics!

hmm, should i post in a thread about drum synths..
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I really liked Ultrabeat when I used Logic but wished it could group edit like Battery. If you could select a few tracks and edit them at once it would speed up the workflow though I haven't used Logic since X came out so I'm not sure if that feature has been added or not.

Sendy wrote:
djquikcompton wrote:Also the new Retro synth
They called their synth WHAT?! :dog:

They should be beaten with a plushie of the word "retro". I can't even google that name to find out more about it, because pretty much every VA synth comes up when you search "retro synth" :D
How about you Google "logic retro synth"? Problem solved. :P
[Insert Signature Here]

xoxos wrote:hmm, should i post in a thread about drum synths..
Lol xoxos you always crack me up.

I own bong (not a bong, but the vsti) and I really think it's terrific. But I just don't think it can compare to the scope of ultrabeat. Maybe you should take a look at it and gets some ideas for your next project :wink:

But srsly, you've got it going on.

ty, i doubt i'd ever get the chance (or with sculpture). often my position is simply to be aware of the absence of technologies i am unable to implement (korg z1, i hear akai had a synth with a physically modelled percussion or cymbal? algorithm in the 90s). i'm pretty good with a bong though.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

There is a difference between something looking cool, that's Ultrabeat and ES2, and it being unintuitive to use, that's also Ultrabeat and ES2. Both of these synths are cool, but aren't easy on the eyes for sound sculpting. The font hurts my eyes and it looks grainy. I don't care for the color schemes.

They sound great. I still use ES2. I must say I feel strongly that if Apple updated the interfaces of these synths, it would be like 2 whole new awesome synths. I think they would both be quite a big hit. It's like trying to deal with the FS1R's front panel. But when you get the editors, a whole new life is brought to it.

I also think using Arturia Spark LE to control Ultrabeat would be a great way to go. I was never a fan of entering x0x steps in with a mouse/trackpad.

stikygum wrote:There is a difference between something looking cool, that's Ultrabeat and ES2, and it being unintuitive to use, that's also Ultrabeat and ES2. Both of these synths are cool, but aren't easy on the eyes for sound sculpting. The font hurts my eyes and it looks grainy. I don't care for the color schemes.

They sound great. I still use ES2. I must say I feel strongly that if Apple updated the interfaces of these synths, it would be like 2 whole new awesome synths. I think they would both be quite a big hit.
Yeah, all the Logic instruments with ancient GUIs could use a facelift, but they still sound great. I think Retro Synth is basically bits of ES2 and EFM1 with a more streamlined interface.

It took me a little while to figure out UltraBeat but I'm digging it. I do wish there was some sort of Master Edit page to go along with the Voice and Step edit pages

i've used logic since 9 came out, but completely moved away from it's own sound-generating plugins (the synths, ultrabeat).
use the vocoder on occasion, and often: drum kit designer. but prefer 3rd party synths.

still, when i started in 9 (2009?), i did all my music completely within the DAW, and was pretty nice...

Jace-BeOS wrote:I accept that Ultrabeat has great facilities, but its GUI is awful
+1
A real bitch to use, but yes, it's a great instrument.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Ultrabeat requires some study to really get the most out of it. It has a lot of features that are not readily apparent without looking under the hood (manual?). I used it extensively for years, but the interface was wearing thin on me and I switched to Nerve as it's faster and requires less manipulation to get results. Also the beat programmer window with the horizontal and vertical shaded area as you added notes was very distracting. I was hoping they would change that… but they're not too interested to change the interface on any of the instruments. I think...:roll:

Worst interface ever, though.
-Tom

https://assemblage23.bandcamp.com
http:/helix.bandcamp.com

tshear23 wrote:Worst interface ever, though.
Yes... it's horrid. But a good vst tho'! :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Return to “Instruments”