Good Soundtoys Echoboy alternative?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hmmm. I have the SoundToys bundle. Every time I try EchoBoy I find it noisy and lo-fi. I understand it is trying to emulate analog but for me there's too much lose of clarity. I also find it very slow when flipping through presets.

I do love PhaseMistress and Decapitator though.

I will try PSP Echo. I was just thinking I could use an echo with ducking (without resorting to sidechaining).

Fxpansion Bloom is pretty good but as with most Fxpansion products you'll need to learn the interface to get the best of it. It has 3 styles (digital, tape, Bucket bridgade device) and a PRE-EQ and POST-EQ that lets you create different tones. Bloom can be fairly CPU intense compared to Echoboy though.
http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/ ... oom-574657

Fabfilter Timeless2 can do a nice delay sound and it can also do some really glitchy weird sounds too. It is surprisingly versatile and if you like experimental stuff then it's worth checking out. The only real tone shaping is done via it's filterbank which sounds pretty good since they all can do self-oscillation and distort. One thing i liked about timeless2 is that you can use its really slick modulation system to do all kinds of things making it very similar to Bloom. Since this was made back in the day it is not as CPU intense as bloom.

http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/ ... s-2-215294
Last edited by V0RT3X on Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

rthabks for clarifyinh, my bad. Just installand jack in the ilok

h-delay?

ValhallaDSP ValhallaÜberMod

Well, OP is asking for something simpler than Echoboy (ie, not a direct replacement), so PSP Echo and Waves H-Delay come to mind.

Note on H-Delay, I found it particularly heavy on the CPU hit over Soundtoys and others....omho of course

MFXxx wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
PeterL wrote: EchoBoy is still the "Rolls Royce" of delay plugins.
maybe one day we will see it without a physical ilock. then i reckon i'll bite
Whilst you do require an iLok account, physical iLok is no longer required...so maybe a nice compromise for you.

http://support.soundtoys.com/customer/p ... -products-

I have all their plugins and The Soundtoys is one bundle I can currently say, I will never part with...Echoboy is my goto delay tool. I totally agree regarding Bootsie's DLA...superb freebie and works nicely with jBridge or native Cubase bridge in 64bit.

All I am waiting on now is the Slate Digital revamp (new coding/structure) and Eiosis, which will I believe will be an eye/ear opener ;)
Not true for the older stuff. It was only this recent change that made think they might extend the newer process to their back catalogue

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
PeterL wrote: EchoBoy is still the "Rolls Royce" of delay plugins.
maybe one day we will see it without a physical ilock. then i reckon i'll bite
+1
[Insert Signature Here]

Soundtoys Microshift and Little Primetime don't require an ilok they are probably watching to see how much they get pirated before they are willing to make the older ones none ilok.

Kaboom75 wrote:Soundtoys Microshift and Little Primetime don't require an ilok they are probably watching to see how much they get pirated before they are willing to make the older ones none ilok.
well, i'm pretty sure echoboy was cracked a long time back :shrug:

A good alternative is Eventide's new free multi effect plugin it's free until midnight July 8, 2014, then its $250.

Ultrachannel
Use this code
09040C01
http://bit.ly/UltraChannel

deleted post
Last edited by Kaboom75 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaboom75 wrote:We need a delete
Just edit the post, remove all the original text and put something like "(deleted post)" in it and submit.

Delay Box by Synthescience. Yes, not kidding and it's even free. I think SoundToys stuff is just fine, but there are times I don't want 20 parameters to fuss with. That ECHOES mentioned just fine, too. Doesn't make much difference, does it, when A.) people use way too much delay in their mixes, just like how most use way too much reverb, and/or B.) the delay is mostly buried 'cause the mix typically ends up way to cluttered. In these cases any one will do, even a cute little SynthEdit box.

Return to “Effects”