Berlin Sequence [updated]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jazzyspoon wrote:cool sounds and an easy progression. Really like the percussive elements towards the end. Sounds like a great mix overall.
Nice.
Thanks!

I recently discovered that I find things easier to mix when I attenuate all channels to -10 to -15 dB at the beginning and leave the Master at 0dB. For years I've been pulling the master down, so there was no headroom to make single tracks louder. The new way suits me better for finding the right spots...

I love the sequence start at 1'19. Nice mood in the beginning. 8)
The actual bass sounds aren't very TD....more meat is needed ! :D
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Beautiful stuff Urs! I only wished for a free flying lead, but that may not have fit your vision for the track.
Image Image

Urs wrote:
justin3am wrote:he is friends with someone named Christopher Franke (sp?)
Are you serious? Mr. Franke is among my favourite former TD members! :-o
Urs, I sent you an e-mail regarding this.

Peace

justin3am wrote:Urs, I sent you an e-mail regarding this.
Thanks 8)

I've updated the mp3 - the end is now extended with a nice bridge followed by another ride over the theme. It's now 5+ minutes, that must be enough!

;) Urs

Urs wrote: I've updated the mp3 - the end is now extended with a nice bridge followed by another ride over the theme. It's now 5+ minutes, that must be enough!

;) Urs
I liked it before, I like it even more now. Just being that bit longer, carrying on the theme, has worked really well.

So how did you get that Poland sound?

Edgar, Chris and Johannes sounding stuff, my favourite era.
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

Goseba wrote:Edgar, Chris and Johannes sounding stuff, my favourite era.
He he, I prefer the Edgar, Chris, Peter era myself...

Yeah, that beginning sequence is nice. Nice tactile feel to the percs that keep panning around my brain. The only thing I'm missing are Mellotron strings. But that's me. I'm a sucker for Trons.

It actually sounds a bit too abrieviated to me. I would have preferred a little more development overall.

You know, one of the things on a long list of things I want to do is a collaborative Berlin School project. Maybe some day. :?

I like it a lot, especially the beginning is mmmmm....the percussive sounds are wonderful: tender and punchy...and suddenly it's gone...could have listened to it another 10 min!

Thanks danke graçias

cm :D
"It dreamed itself along"

I really enjoyed listening to your piece, Urs.

Do you have anymore material in a similar style as this? If so, it would be good to hear.

:)
Opax

Goseba wrote:So how did you get that Poland sound?
Here's the preset - it's quite simple, using a resonant filter on pink noise, modulated by 1 MSEG that does 16th clicks and another MSEG that does a click or two every quarter, but a 1/32th displaced:

http://www.zebrasynth.com/download/Nois ... erator.h2p (right-click + save as)
Mine too! - Although I also like Peter a lot as I do Paul. Latter has become a great contact meanwhile.

Weird enough, I don't know any of the TD stuff when Grrrl was with them (1993-2004 or so).

Cheers,

;) Urs

Opax wrote:I really enjoyed listening to your piece, Urs.

Do you have anymore material in a similar style as this? If so, it would be good to hear.

:)

I spent the years of 1985-1995 trying to come close to this - while suffering from Gear Aquisition Syndrome and a major lack of clue. Whatever I did, it only went in directions of, uhm, Not-Quite-Depeche-Mode-Without-Vocals. Then Martin Gore started to play guitar and I was all gobsmacked. And so I discovered Jazz, Zappa and Funk.

You might like this one though... it's the last piece I finished before the development of my first VST synthesizer... it's all hardware except for the Emagic EVP-88 and some drums from EXS... and I had not the slightest clue about mixing back then...

Actually, the great thing about being a synth developer is, one can just do this - or any - kind of music regardless of current trends, taste and fashion - and call it a demo song :hihi: Even better, my habit of not being able to finish a song comes in helpful, it keeps the songs short, rough (no fx allowed) and leaves room for excuses ("look, it's only a demo song").

Cheers,

;) Urs

Urs wrote:
Goseba wrote:So how did you get that Poland sound?
Here's the preset - it's quite simple, using a resonant filter on pink noise, modulated by 1 MSEG that does 16th clicks and another MSEG that does a click or two every quarter, but a 1/32th displaced:

http://www.zebrasynth.com/download/Nois ... erator.h2p (right-click + save as)
Mine too! - Although I also like Peter a lot as I do Paul. Latter has become a great contact meanwhile.

Weird enough, I don't know any of the TD stuff when Grrrl was with them (1993-2004 or so).

Cheers,

;) Urs
Thanks for the patch Urs.

When they play live now, there are 2 girls in the band.
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

Urs wrote: It's all Zebra... I think 14 instances... 11 factory patches, drums (base + snare) from the Oldskool set and that percussive noise sound in the middle dialed in from scratch.
Fanastic work. Definitely brought to mind the sound of Tangerine Dream for me. Also, some J-M Jarre and even a little Kitaro in there during the intro.

I really like that it is all generated with Zebra!

Cheers,
atom(x)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
latest release:
The Big Bang by atom(bang)
http://www.myspace.com/atombang
http://www.atombang.com

Wow! Both tracks are great!

When listeing to Berlin Sequence there was BR3 Spacenight running on TV. But this time with Berlin Sequence!

In your earlier track (...115sec) i was just waiting for Peter Gabriel to start to sing at about 1:30. Then i realized its Urs'. Great!!

Added to my favorites! Thank you!

Do I get the prize for epic old thread bumpage here Urs?!! Seriously though, I just found this topic after looking at your profile and seeing the music you've posted here. I spotted this because I've already mentioned elsewhere that I really enjoyed this track. I can't remember if I mentioned it or not previously but my father played support to TD in 1975 during the recording of their Ricochet album which was one of my favourites for many years.
I was adopted at seven weeks old and only met my birth father in my mid twenties (twenty years ago now). TD were my favourite group at the time and I asked him whether he'd heard of them. When he told me about playing support for them, I was a little stunned!! There's got to be something genetic to this!!!

Return to “Music Cafe”