Tone2 Saurus - Best of its price range?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I am looking for a simliar price range ($119) synth like Saurus though one of my friends said - Not many that he can think of.

I know the members here have a lots of "hunting" experience of goodies. Mind to let me know if there are any similar synth so that I can do a comparsion before buying.

Cheers!
Cowby

If you mean classic VA emulation synth then Saurus is pretty good for that price. But, if you want value for money, nothing beat Synthmaster for me. With this coupon code you can get it for 84.15 $.

http://www.synthmaster.com/synthmaster. ... SOUNDCLOUD

They also occasionally have sales with more discount than that.

The downside is the GUI is not that user friendly (lots of tabbed menu). But it does sounds great.

Or if you want something like Saurus then Retrologue is your next best bet for 50$.
musisikamar.com

Saurus is good!

Synthmaster can be really CPU heavy at least in my experience. I think for good vintage analog synth sounds Synthmaster sucks in comparison to Saurus.
:borg:

Yes, i meant to say Synthmaster is a good value for an all round synth. I think the cheaper alternative for vintage VA is Retrologue and honestly for me it's not as good as saurus.

Or you can always put an ad on Market place and hope somebody is mad enough to sell Diva for that price. I've seen some people selling it for 120$ actually.

* Diva is a cpu killer, don't even think of getting it if u have a slow cpu.
musisikamar.com

V0RT3X wrote:Saurus is good!
Agreed. It's one of the nicest sounding synths around in that price range, not to mention a very intuitive layout and good range of features.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Where is Ingo aka Mr. Saurus when you need him :hihi:

Element is currently on sale for 99 dollars. Unfortunately it does not work properly in my DAW (they have a list of approved DAW's), but judging from the stand-alone version it has a pretty good bass, very solid. The envelopes also seem to be pretty snappy. It has a very effective equalizer, which really is a key sound-shaping tool with that synth.

Another alternative might be Kilohearts' One. It can sound very good, but somehow it never appealed enough to me, maybe it's the user interface, dunno.

Ultra Analog sounds very good, maybe you can get version 2 on the market place for 100 bucks. According to AAS there will be an update featuring a bigger user interface. Sound-wise it is excellent.

Poly-Ana also sounds very good, but its user interface is not to everyone's liking, to put it mildly.

Maybe Xils-lab Oxium ?

Affordable ( = similar price range ), only protected by serial, 3 skins (IceWhite, Orange and Grey), hundreds of presets, 3rd party support, capable of both vintage sounds and the most modern patches, easy to understand, easy to operate, some unique rythmic modulators, double analog filter structure, etc etc.

( And for those who are interested in the vintage vibe, check my 64 Oxium Vs Jupiter 8 comparison clips and make your own opinion )

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

hmm
:borg:

If I were to shop around for a synth with a feature set similar to Saurus, kHs One would definitely be high on my list. Also check out FAW Circle. If it's 'analog' sound sound you're after, complement it with TAL Bassline-101 or U-NO-LX, oh and don't forget to add TyrellN6 (free :))

Saurus is great, I agree kHs ONE is nice as well, Synthmaster of course is great.
Also OP-X Pro II is in that range now (on sale).

For me Saurus and ONE are the easiest to use, but out of those 4, Synthmaster is the most flexible.
Nori Ubukata's vintage sounding presets for SM are very good, and inexpensive.

JFI: You can buy Saurus from Jrr Shop with the GROUP Code for 99,96 Dollar ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

I would recommend giving Aspect by Loomer a demo.

Saurus is aiight...but it ain't no Diva... :lol:

But seriously folks...the more I use dune2 the more tempted I am to sell off some other synths... All of the recent batch of hybrids are really really solid...
You need to limit that rez, bro.

I'd say the Xils stuff is comparable to DIVA's lushness. All my Xils stuff has that thick cottony sound with major bottom.
Ultra Analog is also very good. v2 sounds even better.
I think Retrologue uses dongle, no?
AIR Structure Pro I hear has a very wonky install process
KhZ is good solid synth, but hardly any banks for it.

Used to have Retrologue, it doesn't require a hardware dongle, but some software mechanism, iLok if I remember correctly.

Return to “Instruments”