64 bit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a 64-bit version of the Cakewalk Dimension Pro or Rapture or Studio Instruments VSTi? :pray:
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Integratron wrote:Is there a 64-bit version of the Cakewalk Dimension Pro or Rapture or Studio Instruments VSTi? :pray:
Dimension Pro and Rapture (As well as Z3ta+ 2) are 64 bit.
Not sure, but I think Studio Instruments is 64 bit also.
Sound Center is 32 bit.

BBFG# wrote:
Integratron wrote:Is there a 64-bit version of the Cakewalk Dimension Pro or Rapture or Studio Instruments VSTi? :pray:
Dimension Pro and Rapture (As well as Z3ta+ 2) are 64 bit.
Not sure, but I think Studio Instruments is 64 bit also.
Sound Center is 32 bit.
Thanks for the info BBFG#!

Do you keep your 32bit plugs and 64bit plugs in different folders?
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

I'm not sure BBFG# is right! Z3ta+2 is available in 64 bit but I'm pretty sure the other two aren't. I have all three and I certainly don't have 64 bit versions of Dimension Pro or Rapture!

As for the folders, store the 64 bit and 32 bit separately. The 2 versions might cause issues if kept in the same folders.

DimPro; Rapture; Z3ta+2 all show as 64 bit in my system.
Z3ta (the first version) and Sound Center show as 32 bit.
And I don't use the Studio Instruments, so I'm not sure.
However, in Sonar X, 32 bit VSTs show in a different color and I haven't noticed the Studio Instruments showing different.

And yes, you want to keep them separate and during install tell which version(s) you want.

chuck death wrote:I'm not sure BBFG# is right! Z3ta+2 is available in 64 bit but I'm pretty sure the other two aren't. I have all three and I certainly don't have 64 bit versions of Dimension Pro or Rapture!

As for the folders, store the 64 bit and 32 bit separately. The 2 versions might cause issues if kept in the same folders.
Dim Pro and Rapture are both x64.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BBFG# wrote:DimPro; Rapture; Z3ta+2 all show as 64 bit in my system.
However, in Sonar X, 32 bit VSTs show in a different color and I haven't noticed the Studio Instruments showing different.

And yes, you want to keep them separate and during install tell which version(s) you want.
FYI, Z3ta + version 1 was updated to x64 quite a while ago. I upgraded to v. 2, but if you can get a free or low-cost copy of v. 1, rest assured it will work in your modern x64 rig.

Personally, I prefer v. 1, except for its lack of a proper organized browser.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:

FYI, Z3ta + version 1 was updated to x64 quite a while ago. I upgraded to v. 2, but if you can get a free or low-cost copy of v. 1, rest assured it will work in your modern x64 rig.

Personally, I prefer v. 1, except for its lack of a proper organized browser.

Cheers
-B
Cool! I never open it TBH, but I'll make sure to recheck for it now. :tu:

Yes. To keep 32-bit and 64-bit editions in a same folder may lead to crashes for the DAWs.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:

Yes. To keep 32-bit and 64-bit editions in a same folder may lead to crashes for the DAWs.
Even if there's no crash, there is a tendency for the DAW to read the 32 bit first and disregard the 64 bit if the .dll for both are in the same folder. And some of them install that way.

Thanks for your help and advise.

My understanding is that the folders should not be nested, but rather at the root like C:/32VSTplugs and C:/64VSTplugs... right.

Integratron wrote:

Thanks for your help and advise.

My understanding is that the folders should not be nested, but rather at the root like C:/32VSTplugs and C:/64VSTplugs... right.
It's exactly what I do for years. And also that way I have never flaws with the write authorizations denied sometimes by Windows when writing patches, banks, and other things.

I have:
  • "C:\MAO\32\" for the 32-bit things
  • "C:\MAO\64\" for the 64-bit things
  • "C:\MAO\P&B\" for the patches and banks (because they often are shared by the 32-bit and the 64-bit edition)
("MAO" means "Musique Assistée par Ordinateur", it's the french equivalent to "CM" for "Computer Music").

That way... there is absolutely no music application and no VST at all in the "Program files" and "Program files (x86)" directories.

And all works at the best level for years without the least issue.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Thank you so very much for the great info! ... MAO - that's cool!

Integratron wrote:Thank you so very much for the great info! ... MAO - that's cool!

Return to “Instruments”